WF GOAT Rapper Tournament Round 1 - Page 15 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #141 of 166 (permalink) Old 10-06-2012, 11:59 AM
Humbled
 
LBGetBack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 4,682
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: WF GOAT Rapper Tournament Round 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger Fan View Post
Because if I started naming every name that was old School i would have put guys like JMJ and DJ Premier . I gave a few examples

and NO I'm not saying they're rappers either

Blank stare.

The fuck?

But anyway, some of your responses are making it seem like you take some kind of weird pride in championing rappers of different races(especially if they are obscure) which is just odd to me. Riding hard for rappers on that basis is just as bad as people who will only listen to rappers who go platinum.
LBGetBack is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #142 of 166 (permalink) Old 10-06-2012, 11:59 AM Thread Starter
P.O.P., hold it down
 
Earl the Red Nosed Reindeer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Houston
Posts: 21,487
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
                     
Re: WF GOAT Rapper Tournament Round 1

You're not the only one but even the guys you love, Vinnie Paz & R.A. the Rugged Man probably wouldn't say shit like Scarface or Black Thought is trash.

Off the top of my head, just a couple months ago, Ab-Soul (Guy in my sig with the fro) released a song talking about Bohemian Grove on his album. And there are plenty others who've talked about it. Strangling the pope with his rosary, well yeah not many people talk about killing a religious figure. My point being there's nothing that Vinnie Paz does that separates him from the rest of the pack, he really doesn't rap about anything that makes him stand out more than others and he doesn't have the skills where he does either.

Eminem, a white guy is the best selling rapper of all-time. Mac Miller, a white Jew just had a #1 album on Billboard last year while being independent. Big Pun, with all due to respect was an overweight Hispanic guy, and he's widely considered one of the greatest ever. Fat Joe, another overweight Hispanic guy, at one point in time was one of the most popular mainstream guys out. Paul Wall, a white rapper at one point was a big mainstream act he had a couple #1 albums on Billboard. The list goes on and on, playing the race card is a cop-out.

Earl the Red Nosed Reindeer is offline  
post #143 of 166 (permalink) Old 10-06-2012, 12:00 PM
Meltzer said I'm a good worker
 
kobra860's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 8,938
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: WF GOAT Rapper Tournament Round 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious View Post

Eminem, a white guy is the best selling rapper of all-time. Mac Miller, a white Jew just had a #1 album on Billboard last year while being independent. Big Pun, with all due to respect was an overweight Hispanic guy, and he's widely considered one of the greatest ever. Fat Joe, another overweight Hispanic guy, at one point in time was one of the most popular mainstream guys out. Paul Wall, a white rapper at one point was a big mainstream act he had a couple #1 albums on Billboard. The list goes on and on, playing the race card is a cop-out.
Don't forget that Vanilla Ice was one of the first rappers to go Diamond.

Thank you Edge.

Chris Jericho, The Shield, CM Punk, Fandango, Daniel Bryan, Primetime Players, Zack Ryder, Dolph Ziggler, The Miz, Alex Riley

Christian, Mark Henry, Damien Sandow, Randy Orton, Cody Rhodes, Kaitlyn, AJ

TNA: Mr. Anderson, Madison Rayne, Velvet Sky, Samoa Joe, Austin Aries, Kazarian & Daniels

kobra860 is offline  
post #144 of 166 (permalink) Old 10-06-2012, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
P.O.P., hold it down
 
Earl the Red Nosed Reindeer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Houston
Posts: 21,487
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
                     
Re: WF GOAT Rapper Tournament Round 1

Vanilla Ice is another.

Hell even Drake could be named. He's a half white, Canadian Jew and he's arguably the most popular rapper out currently.

Earl the Red Nosed Reindeer is offline  
post #145 of 166 (permalink) Old 10-06-2012, 12:10 PM
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
jpchicago23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tampa,Fl originally Chicago, Ill
Posts: 390
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
       
Re: WF GOAT Rapper Tournament Round 1

Yea playing the race card gets old after a while. Some people listen to guys like Vinnie Paz and RA just to say they know aboout them. I doubt he's even given Black Thought a chance, dude is so nice lyrically and has one the best deliveries ever. Being a contrarion doesnt mean 3 stacks and Thought are trash it just means you want to look like the guy that is deep and intellectual by listening to someone underground. If youre a very good underground rapper youll have more of a buzz than those guys do, not saying i dislike Paz but to even put him on the level of guys like Scarface and 3k is a joke. Instead compare him to other underground rappers like Elzhi or Phonte in which case he isnt as good either imo.
jpchicago23 is offline  
post #146 of 166 (permalink) Old 10-06-2012, 01:00 PM
777
Paid My Dues
 
777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Cave of the Great Spirit
Posts: 7,584
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
                     
Re: WF GOAT Rapper Tournament Round 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobra860 View Post
Which is why he shouldn't be called the King of Rock n Roll since people like Chuck Berry were far better and wrote their own songs. Elvis was just a marketable face used to introduce a type of music to a new audience.
Fair enough, however it is an example to the point that one doesn't need to write music to be a great musician/performer.


I love professional-wrestling.

"One thing I found out through my experiences in life is that if I don't like something, usually it's me who has to change." - Eddie Guerrero
777 is offline  
post #147 of 166 (permalink) Old 10-06-2012, 05:42 PM
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
Stinger Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,172
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBGetBack View Post
Blank stare.

The fuck?

But anyway, some of your responses are making it seem like you take some kind of weird pride in championing rappers of different races(especially if they are obscure) which is just odd to me. Riding hard for rappers on that basis is just as bad as people who will only listen to rappers who go platinum.
Its not my fault you can't understand simple things, including not knowing common metaphors sorry.Pride in what? You're just making shit up too. I guess Jus Allah,Reef,Torae,Ruste Juxx,King Syze,King Mag,Kool G Rap etc are all secretly white right?

"blank stare"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpchicago23 View Post
Yea playing the race card gets old after a while. Some people listen to guys like Vinnie Paz and RA just to say they know aboout them. I doubt he's even given Black Thought a chance, dude is so nice lyrically and has one the best deliveries ever. Being a contrarion doesnt mean 3 stacks and Thought are trash it just means you want to look like the guy that is deep and intellectual by listening to someone underground. If youre a very good underground rapper youll have more of a buzz than those guys do, not saying i dislike Paz but to even put him on the level of guys like Scarface and 3k is a joke. Instead compare him to other underground rappers like Elzhi or Phonte in which case he isnt as good either imo.
Ya even though Dre nearly dropped Eminem for being white and was told to do so. Or how about latinos who were overlooked until Big Pun made it big(like Q-Unique). Race does play a part in hiphop, whether you like it or not. In the mainstream thats just how it is.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
You're not the only one but even the guys you love, Vinnie Paz & R.A. the Rugged Man probably wouldn't say shit like Scarface or Black Thought is trash.

Off the top of my head, just a couple months ago, Ab-Soul (Guy in my sig with the fro) released a song talking about Bohemian Grove on his album. And there are plenty others who've talked about it. Strangling the pope with his rosary, well yeah not many people talk about killing a religious figure. My point being there's nothing that Vinnie Paz does that separates him from the rest of the pack, he really doesn't rap about anything that makes him stand out more than others and he doesn't have the skills where he does either.

Eminem, a white guy is the best selling rapper of all-time. Mac Miller, a white Jew just had a #1 album on Billboard last year while being independent. Big Pun, with all due to respect was an overweight Hispanic guy, and he's widely considered one of the greatest ever. Fat Joe, another overweight Hispanic guy, at one point in time was one of the most popular mainstream guys out. Paul Wall, a white rapper at one point was a big mainstream act he had a couple #1 albums on Billboard. The list goes on and on, playing the race card is a cop-out.
Who cares if they think the same as me or not?Like I said its all opinion. Also, am I the only one or not? Pick one and stick with it

Nothing that Vinnie does that doesn't separate from the pack? Then you're clearly just saying that because of me. Don't like him thats fine, thats your opinion but to say he's not different to me is absurd.

Yes Eminem is a white rapper, but thats the point you can't name very many and they usually die very quickly. Vanilla Ice,Bubba Sparxx,Asher Roth etc . Who has really stayed other than Eminem?Off the top of my head I can't think of many , especially ones that did something for hiphop. But you made my point, you can only name a couple in the mainstream but theres so many in the underground.

Apathy put it best"I never made it because I never tried to make you dance" and quite frankly try to tell me Paul Wall,Asher Roth or most of the mainstream isn't about dance music. Majority of it is

At the end of the day, there's far too many variables to decide who's the best and even a top 10 is too difficult to make

Last edited by Clique; 10-07-2012 at 01:28 PM. Reason: double post
Stinger Fan is offline  
post #148 of 166 (permalink) Old 10-06-2012, 05:48 PM Thread Starter
P.O.P., hold it down
 
Earl the Red Nosed Reindeer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Houston
Posts: 21,487
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
                     
Re: WF GOAT Rapper Tournament Round 1

Paul Wall & Asher Roth are not about dance music. Whatsoever, you really don't know what you're talking about at that point. Just because someone can make a song or two that people can dance to, doesn't mean that they're a dance rapper like a Soulja Boy or Shawty Lo.

Of course there's more white rappers in the underground than in the mainstream. There's more underground rappers in general than mainstream rappers, common sense man. There's more black rappers in general than there are white rappers, so what do you expect? When it comes hip-hop, white rappers are the minorites, so do you really expect there to be more of them or just as many of them that are popular than black rappers?

Also that's complete bullshit and another excuse, "I never made it because I never tried to make you dance"...you don't have to make dance music to become big in the rap game. And anyone who actually believes that shit is delusional.

Earl the Red Nosed Reindeer is offline  
post #149 of 166 (permalink) Old 10-06-2012, 05:50 PM
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
Stinger Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,172
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
                     
Re: WF GOAT Rapper Tournament Round 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
Paul Wall & Asher Roth are not about dance music. Whatsoever, you really don't know what you're talking about at that point. Just because someone can make a song or two that people can dance to, doesn't mean that they're a dance rapper like a Soulja Boy or Shawty Lo.

Of course there's more white rappers in the underground than in the mainstream. There's more underground rappers in general than mainstream rappers, common sense man.

Also that's complete bullshit and another excuse, "I never made it because I never tried to make you dance"...you don't have to make dance music to become big in the rap game. And anyone who actually believes that shit is delusional.
Did I say"Asher Roth and Paul Wall make dance music"? Thats not my phrasing , I also said its more about it can make you dance and thats what mainstream is

Get over yourself
Stinger Fan is offline  
post #150 of 166 (permalink) Old 10-06-2012, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
P.O.P., hold it down
 
Earl the Red Nosed Reindeer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Houston
Posts: 21,487
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
                     
Re: WF GOAT Rapper Tournament Round 1

Except it's not. That's just what primarily underground rap fans want to believe.

Kanye West doesn't make music that makes people dance.
Eminem doesn't make music that makes people dance.
Nas doesn't make music that makes people dance.
Jay-Z doesn't make music that makes people dance.
2Pac didn't make music that made people dance.
Biggie didn't make music that made people dance.

Sure some of those guys might have made a couple songs that people can dance to, but you don't have to make "dance music" to be mainstream. You don't have to make "dance music" to become big in the rap game, that's just something that guys who can't get over say.

There's even some new guys on the rise like Kendrick Lamar, J. Cole & Big K.R.I.T. who don't make music for people to dance.

Oh and:
Quote:
Apathy put it best"I never made it because I never tried to make you dance" and quite frankly try to tell me Paul Wall,Asher Roth or most of the mainstream isn't about dance music.

Earl the Red Nosed Reindeer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome