WF GOAT Rapper Tournament Round 1 - Page 14 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 10-06-2012, 10:28 AM   #131 (permalink)
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
Stinger Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,237
Stinger Fan 1001 - 1500Stinger Fan 1001 - 1500Stinger Fan 1001 - 1500Stinger Fan 1001 - 1500Stinger Fan 1001 - 1500Stinger Fan 1001 - 1500Stinger Fan 1001 - 1500Stinger Fan 1001 - 1500Stinger Fan 1001 - 1500
Default Re: WF GOAT Rapper Tournament Round 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBGetBack View Post
Nope. Your "explanation" was completely ridiculous. You "made a mistake in the heat of the moment"?? WHAT?

It's obvious you didn't know anything about Eric B. That's not a "mistake", that's just not knowing what you were talking about. You refuse to admit this, when it's obvious.
You don't like my explanation? Can't please everyone.
Stinger Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 10-06-2012, 10:30 AM   #132 (permalink)
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
jpchicago23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tampa,Fl originally Chicago, Ill
Posts: 390
jpchicago23 251 - 500jpchicago23 251 - 500jpchicago23 251 - 500jpchicago23 251 - 500
Default Re: WF GOAT Rapper Tournament Round 1

1) 2Pac vs. (32) Dr. Dre
(16) Big Pun vs. (17) DMX(9) Method Man vs. (24) Redman
(8) Jay-Z vs. (25) Prodigy
(4) Notorious B.I.G. vs. (29) Q-Tip
(13) Andre 3000 vs. (20) GZA(12) Scarface vs. (21) Chuck D
(5) Rakim vs. (28) Pimp C

(2) Nas vs. (31) Immortal Technique
(15) Ghostface Killah vs. (18) Big L
(10) Mos Def vs. (23) RZA
(7) Kanye West vs. (26) Talib Kweli
(3) Eminem vs. (30) Busta Rhymes
(14) Raekwon vs. (19) Common
(11) KRS-One vs. (22) Snoop Dogg
(6) Ice Cube vs. (27) Black Thought
jpchicago23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:32 AM   #133 (permalink)
Holdin' it Dine for the South since 88
 
Notorious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Houston
Posts: 21,026
Notorious 11001 - 11500Notorious 11001 - 11500Notorious 11001 - 11500Notorious 11001 - 11500Notorious 11001 - 11500Notorious 11001 - 11500Notorious 11001 - 11500Notorious 11001 - 11500Notorious 11001 - 11500Notorious 11001 - 11500Notorious 11001 - 11500
Default Re: WF GOAT Rapper Tournament Round 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger Fan View Post
See there you go making things up to fit your own agenda. First you say I wasn't trashed which I clearly was. Call me an elitist yet I never once said I knew more but you're trying to do the same to me because you like them more than I do. They're legends because they've been mainstream and or been doing it longer. They've been in classics but thats purely opinion isn't it? Yet my opinion is wrong and you tell me the underground names never made classics but thats all opinion.

I never hyped up underground rappers so you need to get off that. Stop lying because I never said they should be on the greatest of all time list and I won't say that again.In fact I mentioned names like Guru,Slick Rick , and Kool G Rap in terms of guys who deserve it that are old school.

All you're doing is what you thought I did , its all opinion
I said you weren't trashed for bringing up underground rappers. Once again, you were trashed because you said that three legends in the game were trash and weren't deserving to be in a GOAT Rapper tournament and then you said that a guy isn't even a rapper should've been in before them. And then you say shit like Vinnie Paz & R.A. the Rugged Man are more deserving to be in the tourney than Scarface, Black Thought & Andre 3000. You also contradicted yourself by saying you didn't have a problem with Immortal Technique being in the tourney because he speaks his mind and isn't afraid to say what he wants yet that can apply to all of the rappers you deemed were trash and didn't deserve to be on the list.

What classic album has Vinnie Paz been apart of? What classic songs does Vinnie Paz have? You don't have to be mainstream to be a respected rapper in the game with classic songs or albums.
__________________
Notorious is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:33 AM   #134 (permalink)
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
jpchicago23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tampa,Fl originally Chicago, Ill
Posts: 390
jpchicago23 251 - 500jpchicago23 251 - 500jpchicago23 251 - 500jpchicago23 251 - 500
Default Re: WF GOAT Rapper Tournament Round 1

Hoping Nas wins this as in my opinion hes the GOAT, he's the most versatile and has a very good catalouge. People may disagree and thats fine but i could listen to Nas for days straight and not be bored of him. Theres not too many other rappers i can say that about except maybe Little Brother and i would put Phonte in Dre's spot and Guru in Pimp C's spot
jpchicago23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:34 AM   #135 (permalink)
Humbled
 
LBGetBack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 4,682
LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000
Default Re: WF GOAT Rapper Tournament Round 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger Fan View Post
You don't like my explanation? Can't please everyone.
Oh, I loved your explanation because it was hilarious.

Completely ridiculous. Like I said to you when you pm'd me.....it's like namechecking the best 3 point shooters and including Shaq. Then later saying you just made a mistake and you know Shaq wasn't really a 3 point shooter and telling everyone to just let it go. WHAT???

There's a difference between making a mistake, and not knowing what you're talking about but pretending you do. Listing Eric B as a deserving rapper, is CLEARLY the latter one.
LBGetBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:38 AM   #136 (permalink)
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
jpchicago23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tampa,Fl originally Chicago, Ill
Posts: 390
jpchicago23 251 - 500jpchicago23 251 - 500jpchicago23 251 - 500jpchicago23 251 - 500
Default Re: WF GOAT Rapper Tournament Round 1

Haha yea listing Eric B is hilarious i was waiting for Flavor Flav or Tony Yayo to get mentioned. Scarface is a true legend in the game, listen to The Fix and i think youll see why. Andre 3k is so multi-talented its a shame he doesnt have more material but Aquemini alone puts him over most/.
jpchicago23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:38 AM   #137 (permalink)
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
Stinger Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,237
Stinger Fan 1001 - 1500Stinger Fan 1001 - 1500Stinger Fan 1001 - 1500Stinger Fan 1001 - 1500Stinger Fan 1001 - 1500Stinger Fan 1001 - 1500Stinger Fan 1001 - 1500Stinger Fan 1001 - 1500Stinger Fan 1001 - 1500
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
I said you weren't trashed for bringing up underground rappers. Once again, you were trashed because you said that three legends in the game were trash and weren't deserving to be in a GOAT Rapper tournament and then you said that a guy isn't even a rapper should've been in before them. And then you say shit like Vinnie Paz & R.A. the Rugged Man are more deserving to be in the tourney than Scarface, Black Thought & Andre 3000. You also contradicted yourself by saying you didn't have a problem with Immortal Technique being in the tourney because he speaks his mind and isn't afraid to say what he wants yet that can apply to all of the rappers you deemed were trash and didn't deserve to be on the list.

What classic album has Vinnie Paz been apart of? What classic songs does Vinnie Paz have? You don't have to be mainstream to be a respected rapper in the game with classic songs or albums.
Yes I was. Go read a few back and you're trashing me now for adding them in but you fail to see that. You dont want to be seen as someones who's trashing anothers opinion but its exactly what you're doing. Most guys if not 90% of "greatest of all time" will always be mainstream rappers that or if they're dead they'll shoot up to the list unfortunately.

Why should I name songs? You'll say they aren't good and we're back to the"my opinion means more than yours". I could name some gret tracks but why bother? Of all underground guys imo Vinnie should be talked about as one of the all time greats and I'm not afraid to say it,maybe top 30-50. He's versatile in what he raps about and says shit no one else does and is talented but no one wants to hear a fat Italian Muslim rapper regardless of content

EDIT- I forgot to add, you say you don't need to be mainstream to get respect, I mentioned biggie giving respect to R.A and you said"who cares?"

Point proven

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBGetBack View Post
Oh, I loved your explanation because it was hilarious.

Completely ridiculous. Like I said to you when you pm'd me.....it's like namechecking the best 3 point shooters and including Shaq. Then later saying you just made a mistake and you know Shaq wasn't really a 3 point shooter and telling everyone to just let it go. WHAT???

There's a difference between making a mistake, and not knowing what you're talking about but pretending you do. Listing Eric B as a deserving rapper, is CLEARLY the latter one.
Thats ok don't worry about it

Last edited by Clique : 10-06-2012 at 12:37 PM. Reason: double post
Stinger Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:45 AM   #138 (permalink)
Holdin' it Dine for the South since 88
 
Notorious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Houston
Posts: 21,026
Notorious 11001 - 11500Notorious 11001 - 11500Notorious 11001 - 11500Notorious 11001 - 11500Notorious 11001 - 11500Notorious 11001 - 11500Notorious 11001 - 11500Notorious 11001 - 11500Notorious 11001 - 11500Notorious 11001 - 11500Notorious 11001 - 11500
Default Re: WF GOAT Rapper Tournament Round 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger Fan View Post
Yes I was. Go read a few back and you're trashing me now for adding them in but you fail to see that. You dont want to be seen as someones who's trashing anothers opinion but its exactly what you're doing. Most guys if not 90% of "greatest of all time" will always be mainstream rappers that or if they're dead they'll shoot up to the list unfortunately.

Why should I name songs? You'll say they aren't good and we're back to the"my opinion means more than yours". I could name some gret tracks but why bother? Of all underground guys imo Vinnie should be talked about as one of the all time greats and I'm not afraid to say it,maybe top 30-50. He's versatile in what he raps about and says shit no one else does and is talented but no one wants to hear a fat Italian Muslim rapper regardless of content
If never would've said those comments about Face, 3K & Black Thought and then had the Eric B thing happened, no one would've even cared. The sole reason people started coming at you is because of those two things.

I don't think my opinion means more than yours and I never said mine did. But I'm not alone on this, the only person ITT who thinks that Scarface, Black Thought & 3K suck is you. The only person in this thread that thought Eric B. was a rapper is you. The only person in this thread who's hyping up underground rappers is you. Everyone else disagrees with you and they have good reason to. Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean it can't be wrong.

What does Vinnie Paz say that no one else does? I'd really like to know. And that's your excuse for why Vinnie Paz isn't considered one of the greats? Because he's a fat Italian muslim?

As for the Biggie comment, you were talking about him giving R.A. props like that solidifies that R.A. is more deserving than 3 Stacks or Face to be in a GOAT bracket, which is why I said who cares if Biggie gave him props, that doesn't have anything to do with his place in hip-hop when ranking him among greats.
__________________
Notorious is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:47 AM   #139 (permalink)
Humbled
 
LBGetBack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 4,682
LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000
Default Re: WF GOAT Rapper Tournament Round 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger Fan View Post
Yes I was. Go read a few back and you're trashing me now for adding them in but you fail to see that. You dont want to be seen as someones who's trashing anothers opinion but its exactly what you're doing. Most guys if not 90% of "greatest of all time" will always be mainstream rappers that or if they're dead they'll shoot up to the list unfortunately.

Why should I name songs? You'll say they aren't good and we're back to the"my opinion means more than yours". I could name some gret tracks but why bother? Of all underground guys imo Vinnie should be talked about as one of the all time greats and I'm not afraid to say it,maybe top 30-50. He's versatile in what he raps about and says shit no one else does and is talented but no one wants to hear a fat Italian Muslim rapper regardless of content

EDIT- I forgot to add, you say you don't need to be mainstream to get respect, I mentioned biggie giving respect to R.A and you said"who cares?"

Point proven
Biggie also loved Treach and thought he was one of the best rappers. Why aren't you riding for Treach, if Biggie's opinion is gospel? Too many hits? Too black? I wouldn't mention race, but apparantly it's a big deal for you since you pointed out Vinny Paz's for no reason at all.
LBGetBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:51 AM   #140 (permalink)
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
Stinger Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,237
Stinger Fan 1001 - 1500Stinger Fan 1001 - 1500Stinger Fan 1001 - 1500Stinger Fan 1001 - 1500Stinger Fan 1001 - 1500Stinger Fan 1001 - 1500Stinger Fan 1001 - 1500Stinger Fan 1001 - 1500Stinger Fan 1001 - 1500
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
If never would've said those comments about Face, 3K & Black Thought and then had the Eric B thing happened, no one would've even cared. The sole reason people started coming at you is because of those two things.

I don't think my opinion means more than yours and I never said mine did. But I'm not alone on this, the only person ITT who thinks that Scarface, Black Thought & 3K suck is you. The only person in this thread that thought Eric B. was a rapper is you. The only person in this thread who's hyping up underground rappers is you. Everyone else disagrees with you and they have good reason to. Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean it can't be wrong.

What does Vinnie Paz say that no one else does? I'd really like to know. And that's your excuse for why Vinnie Paz isn't considered one of the greats? Because he's a fat Italian muslim?

As for the Biggie comment, you were talking about him giving R.A. props like that solidifies that R.A. is more deserving than 3 Stacks or Face to be in a GOAT bracket, which is why I said who cares if Biggie gave him props, that doesn't have anything to do with his place in hip-hop when ranking him among greats.
I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks someone isn't good. Just because you don't like my opinion on them doesn't mean I'm the only one. So what if people on here do? Opinions its all opinions


Vinnie says a lot of things, who talks about Bohemian grove?Not many I'd say, who talks about strangling the Pope with the rosary? I wouldn't say many do. He does talk about politics(not the only one obviously) , real world issues and of course has his punchline verses as well.

And I wouldn't necessary say thats the only reason why people don't want to listen to Vinnie but race plays an issue in hiphop and thats a fact that no one can deny. Look at the underground and compare it to the mainstream in terms of race. How many, Whites,Jews,Latino's are in undergruond and compare it to mainstream. They jsut aren't as marketable. But I bet you'll say"they aren't as good" which fine thats your opinion

You still miss the point on R.A. though oh well

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBGetBack View Post
Biggie also loved Treach and thought he was one of the best rappers. Why aren't you riding for Treach, if Biggie's opinion is gospel? Too many hits? Too black? I wouldn't mention race, but apparantly it's a big deal for you since you pointed out Vinny Paz's for no reason at all.
Because if I started naming every name that was old School i would have put guys like JMJ and DJ Premier . I gave a few examples

and NO I'm not saying they're rappers either

Last edited by Clique : 10-06-2012 at 12:37 PM. Reason: double post
Stinger Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios