WF GOAT Rapper Tournament Round 1 - Page 12 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 10-05-2012, 09:33 PM   #111 (permalink)
The Face Of The Company
 
Choke2Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 19,605
Choke2Death 20501 - 21000Choke2Death 20501 - 21000Choke2Death 20501 - 21000Choke2Death 20501 - 21000Choke2Death 20501 - 21000Choke2Death 20501 - 21000Choke2Death 20501 - 21000Choke2Death 20501 - 21000Choke2Death 20501 - 21000Choke2Death 20501 - 21000Choke2Death 20501 - 21000
Default Re: WF GOAT Rapper Tournament Round 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger Fan View Post
I know it was a stupid mistake.Like I said I know who Eric B is, maybe I was thinking of something else I'm not making any excuses but if thats the reason why my opinion's credibility is killed off thats ridiculous but oh well.
Yeah... okay.

Quote:
Celph has over 100 songs by himself, not to mention his features on AOTP. The gatalog is 4 cd's of just his stuff , free styles and features.R.A. had 3 albums but he was also blacklisted from hiphop
Still doesn't hold a candle to Scarface's large catalog that started 23 years ago and contains classics in almost double digit amounts, as a solo act and as part of the Geto Boys.

Quote:
Rapping is about writing your own shit.Dre didn't therefore Eminem and Snoop should get more credit than he did
Rapping is also about sounding good on the microphone. That's why GZA's Pro Tools was a weak album. He had good lyrics but he sounded like he was about to fall asleep any minute during his verses. And once again, I never said that Dre should be in any top lists as a rapper so I don't know what you're arguing about.
__________________
Choke2Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 10-05-2012, 09:35 PM   #112 (permalink)
777
Fight Fire With Fire!
 
777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Cave of the Great Spirit
Posts: 6,744
777 7001 - 7501777 7001 - 7501777 7001 - 7501777 7001 - 7501777 7001 - 7501777 7001 - 7501777 7001 - 7501777 7001 - 7501777 7001 - 7501777 7001 - 7501777 7001 - 7501
Default Re: WF GOAT Rapper Tournament Round 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger Fan View Post
Rapping is about writing your own shit.Dre didn't therefore Eminem and Snoop should get more credit than he did
Rapping is about rapping. Picking up the mic and getting the crowd hyped. Writing your own shit is about writing your own shit. It may make you more creative but wouldn't even necessarily make one a better performer.

Elvis is considered the 'King of Rock 'n' Roll' but wrote very little music and could barely play three chords.
__________________

I love professional-wrestling.
777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:37 PM   #113 (permalink)
Carrying SCOTT STEINER's bags
 
Stinger Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canada Eh?
Posts: 3,716
Stinger Fan 501 - 1000Stinger Fan 501 - 1000Stinger Fan 501 - 1000Stinger Fan 501 - 1000Stinger Fan 501 - 1000Stinger Fan 501 - 1000Stinger Fan 501 - 1000
Default Re: WF GOAT Rapper Tournament Round 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
@Stinger Fan: I never said they sucked. I never called them elitist, I called you an elitist. That's what you're acting like.

I just think Scarface, Black Thought and Andre 3000 are all better. Their catalogs are more impressive, they've been apart of classic albums both solo and contributing in groups, they have classic songs, they're consistent rappers who always bring it every time they're spitting. What album has Vinnie Paz made that's better than The Diary or The Fix? I'm taking Love Below over any Vinnie Paz album. Granted Black Thought has never released a solo album, but his work with The Roots kills anything Vinnie Paz has made.

Like I said the rappers you named aren't bad, they're just not better than those three. They don't have any classic albums or classic songs. They aren't as versatile and able to adapt to any style of beat, any different topic, etc. Once again, I don't think they're bad rappers, Army of the Pharaohs are dope group. But I'm taking 3K, Black Thought and Scarface over them. No question.
Oh did you? I misread my bad and no I'm no elitist. Just because you don't agree with me hardly makes me one.

See you're not making much sense to me. You say Black Thought and Andre 3000 have a more impressive catalogs yet their stuff is only from being in a group. Andre never released a solo album neither did Black THought. Thats another point, the criteria is fucked. You contradict yourself. The guys I named have been in more than enough stuff

Vinnie Paz is a huge name what he's done should be something noted. The reason why they aren't"classic" is simple really they aren't mainstream or mainstream enough. Its true if you want to admit it or not.

If you're trying to say Vinnie never made songs that people wont remember or not meaningful enough then you just havean't heard his tracks. I could name some but why? You've already formed an opinion
Stinger Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:54 PM   #114 (permalink)
Humbled
 
LBGetBack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 4,682
LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000
Default Re: WF GOAT Rapper Tournament Round 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger Fan View Post
Nooo, I never once said underground rappers SHOULD be there. Don't misquote me. I said mroe deserving, that doesn't mean I believe they should be. I also gave criteria as to why I think they could be/more deserving. Based on raw talent.

Again,re-read and don't be changing what I said. And as for Eric B You clearly don't want to read what I wrote therefore what you say is invalid

Biggie gave props to Rugged Man for a reason btw
Son, this is the stupidest(and funniest) shit ever watching you squirm on that Eric B shit.

"I Made a mistake, it just popped into my head"......WHAT??

You just don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Period. Until you admit that you were talking completely out your ass, ain't no point in you even trying to make any other points. You're a joke. Deal with it, embrace it, or avoid it......but don't fight it. Ain't no coming back from that.
LBGetBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:03 PM   #115 (permalink)
Holdin' it Dine for the South since 88
 
Notorious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Houston
Posts: 20,468
Notorious 9501 - 10000Notorious 9501 - 10000Notorious 9501 - 10000Notorious 9501 - 10000Notorious 9501 - 10000Notorious 9501 - 10000Notorious 9501 - 10000Notorious 9501 - 10000Notorious 9501 - 10000Notorious 9501 - 10000Notorious 9501 - 10000
Default Re: WF GOAT Rapper Tournament Round 1

Yes your an elitist hip hop fan. You fit the typical stereotype of them. They listen to the likes of Army of the Pharaohs/Jedi Mind Tricks, Immortal Technique, MF Doom, R.A. the Rugged Man, etc. You overrate underground artists. You pretend to be this real hip-hop fan, as if you know the history of rap but yet you didn't even know Eric B. wasn't a rapper.

Actually Andre does have a solo album, the Love Below. And I clarified in my post that Black Thought doesn't have a solo album. Be that as it may, whether they're in a group or not, Andre 3000, Black Thought and Scarface all have more impressive work than Vinnie Paz or R.A. the Rugged Man. They've been apart of classic albums, classic songs, they're highly consistent, they're versatile. There's a reason why they're three of the most respected rappers in the game. Scarface is a pioneer for rap music. Vinnie Paz just doesn't compare.

You don't have to be mainstream to have a classic album. You can be underground and still be loved and still have a large fanbase. You will not find that many people who believe Vinnie Paz has classic material and it's not because he isn't mainstream, it's because he just isn't that good.

And the same thing you said about me, I could said about you. You've already formed your opinion about the likes of 3K, Scarface and Black Thought so what's the use in arguing?
__________________
Notorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:05 PM   #116 (permalink)
Humbled
 
LBGetBack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 4,682
LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000
Default Re: WF GOAT Rapper Tournament Round 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger Fan View Post
Oh did you? I misread my bad and no I'm no elitist. Just because you don't agree with me hardly makes me one.

See you're not making much sense to me. You say Black Thought and Andre 3000 have a more impressive catalogs yet their stuff is only from being in a group. Andre never released a solo album neither did Black THought. Thats another point, the criteria is fucked. You contradict yourself. The guys I named have been in more than enough stuff

Vinnie Paz is a huge name what he's done should be something noted. The reason why they aren't"classic" is simple really they aren't mainstream or mainstream enough. Its true if you want to admit it or not.

If you're trying to say Vinnie never made songs that people wont remember or not meaningful enough then you just havean't heard his tracks. I could name some but why? You've already formed an opinion
You've obviously never really listened to The Roots either. If you had, you'd know that Black Thought has been the ONE AND ONLY rapper in the group for their last SIX albums.

He's not in a "group" in the traditional sense where he's sharing mic duties. He's their only rapper/vocalist and has been for a long time. If you don't see the difference between Black Thought holding down 6 albums on the mic by himself(and sharing the others with Malik but still Thought was the main guy) and Run and DMC trading rhymes back and forth......you're more clueless than I thought.

Yet another horrible point by you. Keep them coming. I love when elitist no nothings talk out their ass and serve up the alley oop for me to slam home.
LBGetBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:52 PM   #117 (permalink)
Meltzer said I'm a good worker
 
kobra860's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 8,942
kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000
Default Re: WF GOAT Rapper Tournament Round 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 View Post

Elvis is considered the 'King of Rock 'n' Roll' but wrote very little music and could barely play three chords.
Which is why he shouldn't be called the King of Rock n Roll since people like Chuck Berry were far better and wrote their own songs. Elvis was just a marketable face used to introduce a type of music to a new audience.
__________________
Thank you Edge.

Chris Jericho, The Shield, CM Punk, Fandango, Daniel Bryan, Primetime Players, Zack Ryder, Dolph Ziggler, The Miz, Alex Riley

Christian, Mark Henry, Damien Sandow, Randy Orton, Cody Rhodes, Kaitlyn, AJ

TNA: Mr. Anderson, Madison Rayne, Velvet Sky, Samoa Joe, Austin Aries, Kazarian & Daniels


Last edited by kobra860 : 10-05-2012 at 11:55 PM.
kobra860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:02 AM   #118 (permalink)
Carrying SCOTT STEINER's bags
 
Stinger Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canada Eh?
Posts: 3,716
Stinger Fan 501 - 1000Stinger Fan 501 - 1000Stinger Fan 501 - 1000Stinger Fan 501 - 1000Stinger Fan 501 - 1000Stinger Fan 501 - 1000Stinger Fan 501 - 1000
Default Re: WF GOAT Rapper Tournament Round 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
Yes your an elitist hip hop fan. You fit the typical stereotype of them. They listen to the likes of Army of the Pharaohs/Jedi Mind Tricks, Immortal Technique, MF Doom, R.A. the Rugged Man, etc. You overrate underground artists. You pretend to be this real hip-hop fan, as if you know the history of rap but yet you didn't even know Eric B. wasn't a rapper.

Actually Andre does have a solo album, the Love Below. And I clarified in my post that Black Thought doesn't have a solo album. Be that as it may, whether they're in a group or not, Andre 3000, Black Thought and Scarface all have more impressive work than Vinnie Paz or R.A. the Rugged Man. They've been apart of classic albums, classic songs, they're highly consistent, they're versatile. There's a reason why they're three of the most respected rappers in the game. Scarface is a pioneer for rap music. Vinnie Paz just doesn't compare.

You don't have to be mainstream to have a classic album. You can be underground and still be loved and still have a large fanbase. You will not find that many people who believe Vinnie Paz has classic material and it's not because he isn't mainstream, it's because he just isn't that good.

And the same thing you said about me, I could said about you. You've already formed your opinion about the likes of 3K, Scarface and Black Thought so what's the use in arguing?
Know whats funny?I've listened to the Hot boys,Outkast,Ludacris, etc you name it, well before I ever even heard of a Celph Titled. I never once said they should be on the list but you keep insisting that I said that when I didn't but thats ok. You formed your opinion on what I said long ago and made shit up to fit your own agenda which is cool. People like you do that all the time

The Love Below was a double album under Outkast . Therefore its not a solo album but a double album.

The criteria on why someone should be gets flipped flopped around by you guys with each post and its only because of what I said but thats alright. You bring up the point of classic albums but the albums that are deemed classics by you from Andre or Black Thought come from being in a group which I was trashed because I brought up Celph Titleds name and was mocked because he didn't have an extensive library of albums.

Pick a criteria and stick with it, don't change it to fit your argument.

I've heard enough over the years, listened to rappers who were alive that have passed(advantages of having an older brother) so I know my shit and I don't need to justify why I believe certain guys shouldn't be on there but some are on the list purely because there are popular/dead/peoples favorites on here rather than being truly great. Few people here have their favorites and voted to put them in on the list. There's more than enough names that were left on the list that would actually be a better list and thats not counting Underground rappers which I know you'll want to comment on
Stinger Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:29 AM   #119 (permalink)
Meltzer said I'm a good worker
 
kobra860's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 8,942
kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000
Default Re: WF GOAT Rapper Tournament Round 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger Fan View Post

The Love Below was a double album under Outkast . Therefore its not a solo album but a double album.
It was a double album but it was 2 solo albums from Big Boi and Andre 3000. They set it up that way so there wouldn't be any tension over who sold more.
__________________
Thank you Edge.

Chris Jericho, The Shield, CM Punk, Fandango, Daniel Bryan, Primetime Players, Zack Ryder, Dolph Ziggler, The Miz, Alex Riley

Christian, Mark Henry, Damien Sandow, Randy Orton, Cody Rhodes, Kaitlyn, AJ

TNA: Mr. Anderson, Madison Rayne, Velvet Sky, Samoa Joe, Austin Aries, Kazarian & Daniels

kobra860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:52 AM   #120 (permalink)
Carrying SCOTT STEINER's bags
 
Stinger Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canada Eh?
Posts: 3,716
Stinger Fan 501 - 1000Stinger Fan 501 - 1000Stinger Fan 501 - 1000Stinger Fan 501 - 1000Stinger Fan 501 - 1000Stinger Fan 501 - 1000Stinger Fan 501 - 1000
Default Re: WF GOAT Rapper Tournament Round 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobra860 View Post
It was a double album but it was 2 solo albums from Big Boi and Andre 3000. They set it up that way so there wouldn't be any tension over who sold more.
Probably but that was also many years ago nearly 10
Stinger Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios