WF GOAT Rapper Tournament Round 1 - Page 10 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 10-05-2012, 11:35 AM   #91 (permalink)
777
Walking Disaster
 
777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Cave of the Great Spirit
Posts: 7,205
777 has posts worth reading777 has posts worth reading777 has posts worth reading777 has posts worth reading777 has posts worth reading777 has posts worth reading777 has posts worth reading777 has posts worth reading777 has posts worth reading777 has posts worth reading777 has posts worth reading
Default Re: WF GOAT Rapper Tournament Round 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger Fan View Post
No you clearly missed "I may have made a mistake adding his name in but I was throwing out any name off the top of my head and Eric B and Rakim came to mind so I threw his name in. Fair but the rest of my points stand strong that no ones actually been able to argue otherwise"

Like I said, I made a mistake . One I don't even know how I made. At least I acknowledged it

You're harping on me saying"what lyrics lawlz!" yet Dr.Dre never made his own lyrics. Sound like you got owned and are back tracking because you thought you got the upper hand. You failed sorry

Yes I did shit on this thread because most of those names are absurd to be on the list. I made 1 mistake but the rest no one can argue against. Some tried but missed the point entirely because people like you wanted me to say"oh you're all wrong stupid and dont know shit I'm better than all of you and I'm smarter" but I hate to break it to ya, I never did.
Dude, you keep insisting that he's more deserving even though he never rapped, hence my snotnosed remark about Eric B lyrics, because there aren't any.
Most of those names are absurd to you, nobody else was kicking up that much of a stink, we all had our chances to say our piece. Shit, if it were up to me Del would have won the whole tourney. And yes your attitude definitely has an aroma of 'I know more than you do'.
__________________

I love professional-wrestling.

"One thing I found out through my experiences in life is that if I don't like something, usually it's me who has to change." - Eddie Guerrero
777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 10-05-2012, 11:44 AM   #92 (permalink)
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
Flux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: The Broken Skull Ranch
Posts: 5,112
Flux is getting a pushFlux is getting a pushFlux is getting a pushFlux is getting a pushFlux is getting a pushFlux is getting a pushFlux is getting a pushFlux is getting a pushFlux is getting a pushFlux is getting a pushFlux is getting a push
Default Re: WF GOAT Rapper Tournament Round 1

(1) 2Pac vs. (32) Dr. Dre
(16) Big Pun vs. (17) DMX
(9) Method Man vs. (24) Redman
(8) Jay-Z vs. (25) Prodigy
(4) Notorious B.I.G. vs. (29) Q-Tip
(13) Andre 3000 vs. (20) GZA
(12) Scarface vs. (21) Chuck D
(5) Rakim vs. (28) Pimp C

(2) Nas vs. (31) Immortal Technique
(15) Ghostface Killah vs. (18) Big L
(10) Mos Def vs. (23) RZA
(7) Kanye West vs. (26) Talib Kweli
(3) Eminem vs. (30) Busta Rhymes
(14) Raekwon vs. (19) Common
(11) KRS-One vs. (22) Snoop Dogg
(6) Ice Cube vs. (27) Black Thought
__________________

Flux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:49 AM   #93 (permalink)
Challenging SCOTT STEINER's authority
 
Stinger Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,504
Stinger Fan needs to make some friendsStinger Fan needs to make some friendsStinger Fan needs to make some friendsStinger Fan needs to make some friendsStinger Fan needs to make some friendsStinger Fan needs to make some friendsStinger Fan needs to make some friendsStinger Fan needs to make some friendsStinger Fan needs to make some friendsStinger Fan needs to make some friends
Default Re: WF GOAT Rapper Tournament Round 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 View Post
Dude, you keep insisting that he's more deserving even though he never rapped, hence my snotnosed remark about Eric B lyrics, because there aren't any.
Most of those names are absurd to you, nobody else was kicking up that much of a stink, we all had our chances to say our piece. Shit, if it were up to me Del would have won the whole tourney. And yes your attitude definitely has an aroma of 'I know more than you do'.
Omg, are you retarded? Honestly are you retarded? I said, I made a mistake and quoted myself but its still not good enough for you? Get your head out of your ass

Dr.Dre never wrote his own lyrics thats why he shouldn't be on a best of list when it comes to rapping. Maybe producing but never rapping

Not hard really
Stinger Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:30 PM   #94 (permalink)
Searching for a new identity
 
NoGimmicksNeeded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 5,963
NoGimmicksNeeded is getting a pushNoGimmicksNeeded is getting a pushNoGimmicksNeeded is getting a pushNoGimmicksNeeded is getting a pushNoGimmicksNeeded is getting a pushNoGimmicksNeeded is getting a pushNoGimmicksNeeded is getting a pushNoGimmicksNeeded is getting a pushNoGimmicksNeeded is getting a pushNoGimmicksNeeded is getting a pushNoGimmicksNeeded is getting a push
Default Re: WF GOAT Rapper Tournament Round 1

Del should have done a lot better than he did, in a just world. Deltron 3030 is a sublime record.
NoGimmicksNeeded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:03 PM   #95 (permalink)
Humbled
 
LBGetBack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 4,682
LBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missed
Default Re: WF GOAT Rapper Tournament Round 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger Fan View Post
Whats funny is that all you could get out of what I said was Eric B. Why only look at Eric B? You missed my point entirely. I never said Eric B is the greatest did I? I said he'd be more deserving than some of the names on this list. If you only read names(which clearly you did) you waited for something you disagree with but ignored what I said completely. Again, I'm not saying the list of guys I named are the greatest they deserve to be on the list OVER the guys I named before. Seriously why is that so hard to understand?


Why should number of albums matter when judging skill? That makes no sense. If talent is there, its there. Oh sorry I spelled "Big Boi's" name wrong. If honestly thats the reason why you "know more" than I do, then thats just pathetic.If thats the only thing you can come up with to put down what I said, its hilarious. You're tryign to tell me I don't know hiphop because I put a Y instead of an I . Like I said, they ain't shit. As for Eric B you missed my point entirely. So , guys who are lyrically talented than most of the list don't deserve because they haven't been rapping since 1990? Thats a head scratcher if ever there was once. Kanye is on this list yet the guys I named been doing it longer than he has. I gave reasons why they deserve MORE. You are missing my point entirely because you read what you WANT to read instead of what was written.

Scarface has had a music video, which clearly equals to him being greatest of all time according to some . He made a song with pac he must be good! No no he's not. If you think Celph Titled isn't good lyrically than you know NOTHING. His word play, metaphors , flow destroys most guys out there. R.A. started most guys styles in the mainstream, the dude created a lot of people and has done tracks with some of the all time greats, some that aren't even on this list but of course you ignore it because I schooled you. You're only fixated on one name. Classic , when you can't argue properly just stay on one name and ignore the rest. What fantasy land you live in


Again, you miss my point entirely. In terms of waht he did along Rakim years ago, as far as old school guys he'd be more deserving. I never said he's the greatest of all tiem nor would he, I said more deserving. Why is that hard to understand? But hey I'm sorry I don't think Kanye is one of the greatest of all time LOL
ERIC B DID NOT RAP ON THOSE ERIC B AND RAKIM ALBUMS!!

That's the point! You named a guy who didn't even rap!

He put out ONE album in like '95 that was GOD AWFUL and was/is so obscure that barely anyone even knows about it.

YOU NAMED SOMEBODY WHO BASICALLY WAS NOT A RAPPER!! YOU NAMED SOMEBODY WHO YOU HAVE NEVER HEARD RAP!! And you're still going on about "what he did on those Eric B and Rakim albums......he didn't do anything in terms of rapping! Sit down man!

You obviously were just trying to be cool because you've read about Eric B and Rakim, but clearly didn't listen to them and know nothing about them. You got busted. And you're STILL arguing it. LOLOLOL! Just take your L and be quiet.
LBGetBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:11 PM   #96 (permalink)
Humbled
 
LBGetBack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 4,682
LBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missed
Default Re: WF GOAT Rapper Tournament Round 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger Fan View Post
You still ignored everything else I wrote.Funny when people can't come up with arguments they just resort to one thing . Ah oh well, its ok maybe you'll learn something about hiphop...one day. I already wrote about Eric B. Not going to do it again

But hey, you picked.Dr.Dre over 2pac and I don't do my homework?LOL
When that one thing(as you say.....really there were many other dumb things you said too), is SO STUPID, then yes it does invalidate you completely.

Why?

1. It shows you know nothing about that time period of rap. Really....you didn't even know that Eric B didn't rap, so what business do you have commenting on a greatest rapper EVER thread? Anyone with any working knowledge of hip hop pre-1995 would know that.

2. It shows you're not trustworthy. You were trying to front and got caught. Why would anyone take you seriously after that?

GLike others have said, do your homework, listen to more hip hop.....just because you're kinda lost now doesn't mean it has to stay that way.

And when you come in spouting off about what others are saying, trashing the list, trashing all kinds of rappers......and then get exposed like that? You deserved all the shots thrown your way. And if you're being honest, you'd recognize that and just take it. Don't fight it. Take your shots, and move on, and get your weight up, and then shit's all good.
LBGetBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:19 PM   #97 (permalink)
Humbled
 
LBGetBack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 4,682
LBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missed
Default Re: WF GOAT Rapper Tournament Round 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 View Post
Dude, you keep insisting that he's more deserving even though he never rapped, hence my snotnosed remark about Eric B lyrics, because there aren't any.
Most of those names are absurd to you, nobody else was kicking up that much of a stink, we all had our chances to say our piece. Shit, if it were up to me Del would have won the whole tourney. And yes your attitude definitely has an aroma of 'I know more than you do'.

LOL. He comes in making a stink naming a bunch of rappers(and non rappers) that he's never listened to just for "cred" because he thinks that naming checking old school legends gives him some kind of cred, and then names all of the typical nerd-rap niche favorites, while throwing a fit about some legit great rappers(Scarface, Thought, Dre 3000, etc.) being included. Amazing.
LBGetBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:24 PM   #98 (permalink)
Humbled
 
LBGetBack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 4,682
LBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missedLBGetBack probably won't be missed
Default Re: WF GOAT Rapper Tournament Round 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger Fan View Post
Omg, are you retarded? Honestly are you retarded? I said, I made a mistake and quoted myself but its still not good enough for you? Get your head out of your ass

Dr.Dre never wrote his own lyrics thats why he shouldn't be on a best of list when it comes to rapping. Maybe producing but never rapping

Not hard really
First off, I agree that Dr. Dre has no business being included. HOWEVER, while you keep harping on the not writing lyrics thing, understand this.....writing is one aspect of rapping. There's also the matter of sounding good. Most of the rappers you named rap like they are reading the dictionary , have awful voices, and have about as much rhythm as a retarded fly drowning in battery acid. Rhythm, flow, delivery, that shit matters. Dre at least sounded good. Hell, he coached Snoop and them on how to delivery lyrics all the time back in the day. So let's not act like he was completely worthless as a rapper.

This ain't a written poetry contest, it's music.
LBGetBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:58 PM   #99 (permalink)
Special Attraction at Wrestlemania
 
Choke2Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 20,969
Choke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREW
Default Re: WF GOAT Rapper Tournament Round 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger Fan View Post
Ya Scarface has been on tv, mid-late 90's guy people love. I don't think he deserves on the list, simple as that. There's more deserving. I mentioned Eric B, for the simple reason as what he and Rakim did for hiphop. I think he deserves some credit. Now I don't think he's the greatest, I put him the list simply because as far as old school guys he should get some credit. Thats all, I never was implying he should be ON this list, just that he's MORE deserving than a guy like Kanye. You mention groups why is Andre 3000 on it then? He has no solo albums.

Mentioning 1 name should never shutdown what someone says thats horrible logic considering missing the point completely. People miss my point entirely. They saw that I trashed the list and just want me to say"these guys are the only greatest of all times" when I never once said that.
Nice try, except Scarface has been around since late 80s and his best music is from 89-94 and 00-02. And I can probably think of only 5 people who deserve a top 10 spot as much as Scarface. I'm serious. He's a pioneer and influenced so many rappers, I don't know where to start. Not to mention, he makes great fucking music and is one of the most creative storytellers. And you mentioned Eric B for what? Again, he's NOT a rapper. You talk about Dr. Dre and Kanye not being worthy of the list (which I agree with) but at least they have RAPPED. Eric B's role in the albums with Rakim was simply scratching the disc and nodding his head in the background during their videos. That's it! Hell, the only time I've heard Eric B's voice was in "Paid in Full" during that conversation with Rakim. You might as well start putting DJ Premier on there even though he's never rapped but is the greatest producer in hip-hop next to Dre.

As for Andre 3000, he's an amazing rapper who has had so many dope verses. Run DMC only worked as a group and when they went solo, the results were underwhelming because they have unreal chemistry with each other, something that's missing from their solo stuff. I wouldn't put 3 Stacks in a top 20 but I can understand why others would.

And you have still not explained why Scarface is trash and "not deserving". All you've said is "he's simply not deserving" and that we love him because he was on TV (all I know is that he had a small appearance in Idiocracy, so much for "being on TV").
__________________
Choke2Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:32 PM   #100 (permalink)
777
Walking Disaster
 
777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Cave of the Great Spirit
Posts: 7,205
777 has posts worth reading777 has posts worth reading777 has posts worth reading777 has posts worth reading777 has posts worth reading777 has posts worth reading777 has posts worth reading777 has posts worth reading777 has posts worth reading777 has posts worth reading777 has posts worth reading
Default Re: WF GOAT Rapper Tournament Round 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger Fan View Post
Omg, are you retarded? Honestly are you retarded? I said, I made a mistake and quoted myself but its still not good enough for you? Get your head out of your ass

Dr.Dre never wrote his own lyrics thats why he shouldn't be on a best of list when it comes to rapping. Maybe producing but never rapping

Not hard really
Ugh, seriously, read back what you've written.

Knowing you made the mistake you insisted that he still deserves credit for his work with Rakim. That's what you said. Credit for what? The rapping that he never did?

Harping on the written lyrics issue isn't sufficient either. Plenty of talented musicians/performers don't write their own shit. Not hard really.

I could think of plenty of instances where I've demonstrated a propensity for retardation, this however is not one of them.
__________________

I love professional-wrestling.

"One thing I found out through my experiences in life is that if I don't like something, usually it's me who has to change." - Eddie Guerrero
777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios