Hip Hop Discussion Thread - Page 90 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #891 of 6402 (permalink) Old 10-19-2012, 10:00 PM
Humbled
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 336
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
   
Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBGetBack View Post
More shit you're wrong about. You can't possibly have any appreciation for the context of any of this shit, just stop. Dre DID have the Chronic hit not real long after the riots. NWA was OVER by that time, and Cube had been gone from the group for years.

This shit mankes no sense, a 19 year old wanting to tell everyone all about shit that happened before he was born. WHY???
What the fuck....the whole "Oh, what did that 2pac song have to do with the riots?" What the fuck...for real? 2pac and NWA were sending out the message about police brutality before it even became a mainstream topic, that is my point! THEN people looked towards their music and thought "Oh, maybe there was some substance towards what they were talking about" Of course, Cube was gone from that group by then, who doesn't know that? NWA went downhill after he left. Yes, their album went to number one but that hard hitting punch from Cube was missing.

So my opinion gets dismissed from you because I'm 19? That is just ignorant. I've been reading in to all of it since I was 12, I've always been a massive fan of Hip Hop.

So what if Hopsin did a song with B.O.B? It's completely different than doing a song with a Bieber or Lil Wayne.
PunkSE316 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #892 of 6402 (permalink) Old 10-19-2012, 10:02 PM
P.O.P., hold it down
 
Earl the Red Nosed Reindeer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Houston
Posts: 21,468
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
                     
Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Except Drake has never done a song with Bieber. And of course Drake makes music with Lil Wayne, that's pretty much his boss and the guy that signed him.

Your double standards are quite hilarious.

Earl the Red Nosed Reindeer is offline  
post #893 of 6402 (permalink) Old 10-19-2012, 10:07 PM
Humbled
 
LBGetBack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 4,682
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkSE316 View Post
What the fuck....the whole "Oh, what did that 2pac song have to do with the riots?" What the fuck...for real? 2pac and NWA were sending out the message about police brutality before it even became a mainstream topic, that is my point! THEN people looked towards their music and thought "Oh, maybe there was some substance towards what they were talking about" Of course, Cube was gone from that group by then, who doesn't know that? NWA went downhill after he left. Yes, their album went to number one but that hard hitting punch from Cube was missing.

So my opinion gets dismissed from you because I'm 19? That is just ignorant. I've been reading in to all of it since I was 12, I've always been a massive fan of Hip Hop.

So what if Hopsin did a song with B.O.B? It's completely different than doing a song with a Bieber or Lil Wayne.
I'm just responding to what you wrote. And really....Pac wasn't in LA. You said I don't know anything about the riots because I wasn't in LA. I'm looking for a "I was wrong".
LBGetBack is offline  
post #894 of 6402 (permalink) Old 10-19-2012, 10:11 PM
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
Ether's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: New York City
Posts: 5,041
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
I agree on No Ceilings being his last good project.

I've never heard Blow, I didn't know they had a project to come out together.


They should've just dropped I Can't Feel My Face in 08 and got it over with. No one's checking for that shit now. It's never coming out anyway, can't recall the last time I even heard the two on a song together.
Go on datpiff, it's there. I think Mick Boogie leaked it because none of it is mastered. Still worth listening to

And Wayne did an interview on I can't feel my Face. He said they were going to work on it again when they came out of jail, when Wayne got out of jail he called Juelz and Juelz never wanted to get in the studio and always made excuses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkSE316 View Post
What the fuck....the whole "Oh, what did that 2pac song have to do with the riots?" What the fuck...for real? 2pac and NWA were sending out the message about police brutality before it even became a mainstream topic, that is my point! THEN people looked towards their music and thought "Oh, maybe there was some substance towards what they were talking about" Of course, Cube was gone from that group by then, who doesn't know that? NWA went downhill after he left. Yes, their album went to number one but that hard hitting punch from Cube was missing.

So my opinion gets dismissed from you because I'm 19? That is just ignorant. I've been reading in to all of it since I was 12, I've always been a massive fan of Hip Hop.

So what if Hopsin did a song with B.O.B? It's completely different than doing a song with a Bieber or Lil Wayne.
Is that the only thing you could respond to in my post? I mean, I'm 16 but I do my research and I really was around for some of the shit I talk about. Even when I was 6 when Come Home with Me came out, you heard "Oh Boy" everywhere for example. When GRODT came out I don't need to go in depth. Everyone from the age of 3 to 43 was bumping 50 in NY at that time.

Not to mention, who are you to call Drake fake and all that? You're a fan of the same dude who has a Ben 10 poster on his wall, I still can't believe he called out Game.

Last edited by Ether; 10-19-2012 at 10:13 PM.
Ether is offline  
post #895 of 6402 (permalink) Old 10-19-2012, 10:12 PM
Special Attraction at Wrestlemania
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 21,962
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

If any rappers should take credit for having any association with the L.A. riots, it's Ice Cube and Ice-T. Cube came out with "Black Korea" while Ice-T did "Cop Killer". I guess you can also add N.W.A even though "Fuck tha Police" was old by that point and heck, even Public Enemy when they told the people to "Fight the Power". 2Pacalypse Now is a great album, but Pac was a nobody at the time hanging around Humpty Hump and Snoop hadn't even debuted yet, had he?
Choke2Death is offline  
post #896 of 6402 (permalink) Old 10-19-2012, 10:17 PM
Humbled
 
LBGetBack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 4,682
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choke2Death View Post
If any rappers should take credit for having any association with the L.A. riots, it's Ice Cube and Ice-T. Cube came out with "Black Korea" while Ice-T did "Cop Killer". I guess you can also add N.W.A even though "Fuck tha Police" was old by that point and heck, even Public Enemy when they told the people to "Fight the Power". 2Pacalypse Now is a great album, but Pac was a nobody at the time hanging around Humpty Hump and Snoop hadn't even debuted yet, had he?
Cube was the main one, and yeah....PE. Funny how they've been slowly, more and more whitewashed from history. That's a whole other rant though.

Wouldn't say Pac was a nobody. He was on the come up at least in 92 with his first album going, Juice, amd Dan Quayle trying to shut him down.

Snoop had been on Deep Cover by that point, but the Chronic didn't come out until the end of 92. He's not really relevant to the conversation anyway, it's laughable that he's bringing up Snoop like he was on some activist, revolutionary shit.

Last edited by LBGetBack; 10-19-2012 at 10:19 PM.
LBGetBack is offline  
post #897 of 6402 (permalink) Old 10-19-2012, 10:28 PM
Vince gives me a comedy gimmick
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: DMV
Posts: 6,081
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
                     
Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
Except Drake has never done a song with Bieber. And of course Drake makes music with Lil Wayne, that's pretty much his boss and the guy that signed him.

Your double standards are quite hilarious.
Actually Drake has done a song with biebs, it's dope tho imo.

He dislikes Drake for three reasons: 1. because he's mainstream 2. Because of Drake's affiliation with Weezy/YM makes him incapable of giving Drake any credit and 3. Drake claims to go hard when he doesn't. All terrible reasoning..

Disliking Drake because he claims to be "bout that life" must be the worse reasoning of all. Drake doesn't claim to go hard and rarely do you ever hear him say he'll body anyone up, and even if he has, who cares? I'm sure 80% of the rap game is full of fake thugs. Drake's a punchline rapper. No one's gonna say he's the best today but his music is pretty enjoyable for what it is.
#Mark is offline  
post #898 of 6402 (permalink) Old 10-19-2012, 10:34 PM
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
Ether's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: New York City
Posts: 5,041
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

There's a difference between what Drake says in a rap song and when someone like Rick Ross lies about being a C.O then get's exposed and still lies about it.

Does anyone really believe Pusha T has caught any bodies? That Nas is really a don? Etc
Ether is offline  
post #899 of 6402 (permalink) Old 10-19-2012, 10:49 PM
Humbled
 
LBGetBack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 4,682
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether View Post
There's a difference between what Drake says in a rap song and when someone like Rick Ross lies about being a C.O then get's exposed and still lies about it.

Does anyone really believe Pusha T has caught any bodies? That Nas is really a don? Etc
I fully believe that 2 Chainz is retarded. I'm buying that.
LBGetBack is offline  
post #900 of 6402 (permalink) Old 10-19-2012, 11:07 PM
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
Ether's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: New York City
Posts: 5,041
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread



Everyone bodied it. Consequences hardest verse ever?
Ether is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome