Hip Hop Discussion Thread - Page 81 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #801 of 6402 (permalink) Old 10-19-2012, 07:29 AM
P.O.P., hold it down
 
Earl the Red Nosed Reindeer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Houston
Posts: 21,467
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkSE316 View Post
YMCMB is like what Death Row was in the early to mid 1990's just without the talent that Death Row had. Snoop, Dre, 2pac, Kurrupt, Lady of Rage, Nate Dogg etc. Such an awesome talent roster.

Drake is not better than Hopsin. I hope that was just a joke.
No its not a joke, Hopsin is garbage and is overrated just because he's an underground artist that "speaks his mind."

No one is being force fed anything with Drake, if you don't like, don't listen, pretty simple.

Earl the Red Nosed Reindeer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #802 of 6402 (permalink) Old 10-19-2012, 08:05 AM
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Smif-N-Wessun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The 36 Chambers
Posts: 1,420
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
               
Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
No its not a joke, Hopsin is garbage and is overrated just because he's an underground artist that "speaks his mind."

No one is being force fed anything with Drake, if you don't like, don't listen, pretty simple.
PREACH. Hopsin is a cornball, straight up. Dude's 27 years old n stays dissin kids like Soulja Boy n Tyler the Creator for no reason... with brilliant lines like "IT SUCKS SO MUCH, I GET BLOWJOBS FROM IT." I remember when that Sag My Pants joint first dropped, all i could say was "why the fuck is he so bitter?"

As for Drake, he really aint that bad. The gawd doesnt fuck with him, but he's great in his own personal lane.


^furious, projects self-image onto others^

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP
“Kevin Nash is right. Smaller guys don’t draw. I mean who would pay any money to watch itty bitty guys like Mayweather or Paquiao?"
Talent/charisma draws. Not size.
Smif-N-Wessun is offline  
post #803 of 6402 (permalink) Old 10-19-2012, 10:11 AM
MCMXCII
 
A$AP'S CANADIAN CHRI$TMAS CAROL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,627
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaveli View Post
It's a change from what we heard from LiveLoveA$AP, but he's evolving like every good/great artist. Rocky and Lamar both had dope verses. Drake was tolerable and 2 Chainz as a hook man is fine by me. The hook is more or less used to make the song stick in your head and make it memorable. Doesn't really involve any lyrical ability, flow, wordplay, etc.

The beat was average, nothing crazy. Probably only better than 2-3, IF that, from LiveLoveA$AP. The great thing about this though is having two of the hottest rappers in the game, with Drake arguably being the hottest, shining some light on two great, up and coming artists who deserve a lot more attention like Rocky and Lamar. Will only do great things for them. This was dropped just in time for Lamar's album.

Edit - after reading your edit...

Why would you want a new album sounding anything like an old mixtape? Just listen to LiveLoveA$AP.
There's nothing wrong with it not sounding like LiveLoveA$AP.

I have a problem with every rapper getting signed and their debut album going through the same process. Regardless of what their sound is the formula is the same.

Beat from 40 Shebib.
Verse from 2 Chainz.
Verse from Drake.
Hook by Rosco Dash/Ne-Yo/Lloyd.
Appearance by Big Sean.
Appearance by Rick Ross probably.
A beat from Lex Luger or something.

The only dudes in recent memory that dropped and kept their own sound without motherfuckers interfering are J. Cole and Kendrick Lamar.

I'm not afraid of changes. I'm afraid of them making every single rap album sound the same with their house of shitty producers and rappers.

And really, it's not like there's anything wrong with 2 Chainz, Drake or these boring ass beats by 40. I listen to Drake from time to time, especially So Far Gone. 2 Chainz cracks me up and I don't think he takes himself too seriously so why would I? I evne enjoy Lex Lugers beats, depending on what kind of mood I'm in. I'm not hating on them in particular. I just want them to stay the fuck away from A$AP.

He's gunna grow like every artist does. I don't like the idea of him being forcefed beats that are on every other album just so his single can chart.





A$AP'S CANADIAN CHRI$TMAS CAROL is offline  
post #804 of 6402 (permalink) Old 10-19-2012, 10:30 AM
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Smif-N-Wessun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The 36 Chambers
Posts: 1,420
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
               
Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

A$AP's sound is what makes him stand out, b. Evolving is good, but taking what got you noticed n trashing it in favor of what every MMG member does? That aint evolving.


^furious, projects self-image onto others^

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP
“Kevin Nash is right. Smaller guys don’t draw. I mean who would pay any money to watch itty bitty guys like Mayweather or Paquiao?"
Talent/charisma draws. Not size.
Smif-N-Wessun is offline  
post #805 of 6402 (permalink) Old 10-19-2012, 10:40 AM
Humbled
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 336
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
   
Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
No its not a joke, Hopsin is garbage and is overrated just because he's an underground artist that "speaks his mind."

No one is being force fed anything with Drake, if you don't like, don't listen, pretty simple.
Hopsin isn't a cornball at all. It has nothing to do with that "speaking his mind" bullshit like you say...he is different which is why a lot of people have moved towards his music. Everyone is slowly starting to get tired of Drake and Lil Wayne so they're moving towards Ocean, Fiasco (again), Hopsin, Sweatshirt, Lamar etc.

People are being force fed Drake, the guy is a fake. Yeah, so much street cred and attitude, because appearing in a Bieber video makes you like that, 2pac has nothing on him..such a joke. Drake and the rest of them auto tune douchebags are all over Youtube adverts, Billboard charts, TV stations, Spotify adverts etc. Everywhere.

They're (YMCMB) all talentless douchebags.
PunkSE316 is offline  
post #806 of 6402 (permalink) Old 10-19-2012, 10:51 AM
Special Attraction at Wrestlemania
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 21,962
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Too lazy to read through all the pages but all I got to say is: fuck Drake. Him, Kanye, Wayne etc.. I have no idea how people can seriously call them good rappers. Kanye can make good beats but he's a HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE rapper. It's a shame when real talent like The D.O.C. lose their voice but you got garbage like Kanye yelling with their awful voices shitty lyrics into a microphone. I'd rather hear Vickie Guerrero yell "Excuse me" for an hour than listen to Kanye's unbearable voice... and that's saying something!
Choke2Death is offline  
post #807 of 6402 (permalink) Old 10-19-2012, 11:22 AM
MCMXCII
 
A$AP'S CANADIAN CHRI$TMAS CAROL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,627
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smif-N-Wessun View Post
A$AP's sound is what makes him stand out, b. Evolving is good, but taking what got you noticed n trashing it in favor of what every MMG member does? That aint evolving.
My point exactly.

The only way to survive commercially these days seems to be to giving in to making a song that the masses are making. 2 Chainz reinvented himself and became the it guy for verses. Suddenly every album has 2 Chainz on it. And it's not like I have anything against the guy personally but shit is overkill after a certain point.

A$AP falls with Kendrick and Cole to me because they all have a different sound, their own sound. I was listening to Kendrick's album last night and was blown away by not only how dope it was but how he stayed true to himself. That's why this was disappointing with A$AP. Best case scenario is he made the song so it can generate buzz and there's lots of good songs on the rest of the album. Worst case scenario is we have another rapper on a downward spiral towards the generic masses.





A$AP'S CANADIAN CHRI$TMAS CAROL is offline  
post #808 of 6402 (permalink) Old 10-19-2012, 11:25 AM
Humbled
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 336
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
   
Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

It seems like with the landscape now in the current day and age. Everyone is either a one or two hit wonder...if you have a catchy chorus or even 3 little good words. Boom, you are in. Look at a Taio Cruz, where is he now? He vanished. I'm sure there are plenty more but it's 1:26am in Australia atm so I'm out.
PunkSE316 is offline  
post #809 of 6402 (permalink) Old 10-19-2012, 01:44 PM
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Smif-N-Wessun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The 36 Chambers
Posts: 1,420
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
               
Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkSE316 View Post
People are being force fed Drake, the guy is a fake. Yeah, so much street cred and attitude, because appearing in a Bieber video makes you like that, 2pac has nothing on him..such a joke. Drake and the rest of them auto tune douchebags are all over Youtube adverts, Billboard charts, TV stations, Spotify adverts etc. Everywhere.

They're (YMCMB) all talentless douchebags.
How is Drake fake? He never claimed to be Beanie Sigel, b. He knows he's a rich Jewish kid from Canada.

Also, Jae Millz is far from talentless.


^furious, projects self-image onto others^

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP
“Kevin Nash is right. Smaller guys don’t draw. I mean who would pay any money to watch itty bitty guys like Mayweather or Paquiao?"
Talent/charisma draws. Not size.
Smif-N-Wessun is offline  
post #810 of 6402 (permalink) Old 10-19-2012, 02:11 PM
P.O.P., hold it down
 
Earl the Red Nosed Reindeer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Houston
Posts: 21,467
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
                     
Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkSE316 View Post
Hopsin isn't a cornball at all. It has nothing to do with that "speaking his mind" bullshit like you say...he is different which is why a lot of people have moved towards his music. Everyone is slowly starting to get tired of Drake and Lil Wayne so they're moving towards Ocean, Fiasco (again), Hopsin, Sweatshirt, Lamar etc.

People are being force fed Drake, the guy is a fake. Yeah, so much street cred and attitude, because appearing in a Bieber video makes you like that, 2pac has nothing on him..such a joke. Drake and the rest of them auto tune douchebags are all over Youtube adverts, Billboard charts, TV stations, Spotify adverts etc. Everywhere.

They're (YMCMB) all talentless douchebags.
When the fuck has Drake ever claimed to be a thug or be a street guy? Oh that's he right he never has just people like you want to assume just because you're a rapper you have to have that mentality. Getting into a fight in a club and threatening a tattoo artist doesn't mean someone goes around pretending to be a fake thug, you're grasping at straws and being a blind hater. So what if he appeared in a Justin Bieber video? Once again, Drake never claimed to be a gangster, he doesn't make gangsta rap music, so I really don't know what the fuck you're expecting him to do. Snoop Dogg has made songs with all kinds of pop artists including people like Katy Perry, why aren't you bashing him calling him a fake thug and saying he has no street cred? As for Drake, do you expect him to hang out in the hood with a posse full of gangbangers and appear in Waka Flocka videos?

And speaking of street cred what kind of fucking street cred does Hopsin have? The guy wears colored contacts and skateboards...oh he's so "street". Fuck outta here. Hopsin is nothing more than another hipster rap fan fad and soon those guys will move on to another rapper who's "different", like they always do.

No one is being force fed Drake. If you don't like the guy, you don't have to listen it's pretty simple. As for him being all over radio, Billboard, YouTube, etc. You act as if that's a bad thing that he wants to be well known and make more money and that his record label pushes him to the top. He's one of the most popular rappers in the game, what do you expect? Of course he's gonna be all over TV and the radio, that's common sense man. Do you expect them to put Hopsin or Joey Bada$$ there? Like I said, common sense is they'll put guys like Drake, Wayne, Rick Ross, etc. because they're popular, they sell records, so of course they would be all over Billboard and the radio. USE YOUR BRAIN.

While I agree that the majority of YMCMB make crappy music, Drake is not one of them and the only reason why he gets shit is because he's mainstream. If he were an underground rapper we wouldn't hear this shit about how he's so fake through all these internet rap forums.


Last edited by Earl the Red Nosed Reindeer; 10-19-2012 at 02:15 PM.
Earl the Red Nosed Reindeer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome