Hip Hop Discussion Thread - Page 391 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 06:22 PM   #3901 (permalink)
Humbled
 
LBGetBack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 4,682
LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combat Analyst View Post
Demo is good but Nas sounds undeveloped. Sounds too much like a Rakim/Kool G ripoff.



Exactly. Blacks are still struggling, but it's not like the oppression is direct as it used to be. Still some police brutality in some states, but its not like people are just outright being sprayed with water hoses and beaten in the middle of the street.

Think Face doesn't know that studies say, whites are the biggest rap consumers.
LOL at "exactly". I don't think either one of you understood his point whatsoever. He's talking about music. He's talking about who runs it.

And for yall who bring up "the Internet" and "YouTube" and all that.......they run that too. Why u think certain acts new videos will get 100 million views and shit? There's advertising and $ in all of that, just like the radio.
LBGetBack is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 04-28-2013, 06:28 PM   #3902 (permalink)
P.O.P., hold it down
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Houston
Posts: 21,315
Notorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselves
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Yeah I don't know where that oppression stuff is coming from. Scarface is clearly talking about the guys who run the labels.
__________________
Notorious is offline  
Old 04-28-2013, 06:41 PM   #3903 (permalink)
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
Combat Analyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5,016
Combat Analyst needs to make some friendsCombat Analyst needs to make some friendsCombat Analyst needs to make some friendsCombat Analyst needs to make some friendsCombat Analyst needs to make some friendsCombat Analyst needs to make some friendsCombat Analyst needs to make some friendsCombat Analyst needs to make some friends
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBGetBack View Post
LOL at "exactly". I don't think either one of you understood his point whatsoever. He's talking about music. He's talking about who runs it.

And for yall who bring up "the Internet" and "YouTube" and all that.......they run that too. Why u think certain acts new videos will get 100 million views and shit? There's advertising and $ in all of that, just like the radio.
I understood his point but he's making it seen as if music is strictly just for blacks, and corrupting them only.
__________________
http://24.media.tumblr.com/c07d02b42a25747222354c0ff8a16a46/tumblr_mn2hipLFC11rgam01o1_r1_500.png


Black Is Beautiful


Spoiler for DrIllmatic:
Combat Analyst is offline  
Old 04-28-2013, 06:43 PM   #3904 (permalink)
P.O.P., hold it down
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Houston
Posts: 21,315
Notorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselves
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Ugh. You're missing the point.

He's not saying rap music is only for blacks. He's not even talking about fans. He's talking about the heads at the labels who are pushing a certain brand of rap music. Brian8448 on the previous page put it perfectly on how the heads of label can influence the mindset of people and what Scarface was trying to say.
__________________
Notorious is offline  
Old 04-28-2013, 06:47 PM   #3905 (permalink)
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
Combat Analyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5,016
Combat Analyst needs to make some friendsCombat Analyst needs to make some friendsCombat Analyst needs to make some friendsCombat Analyst needs to make some friendsCombat Analyst needs to make some friendsCombat Analyst needs to make some friendsCombat Analyst needs to make some friendsCombat Analyst needs to make some friends
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
Ugh. You're missing the point.

He's not saying rap music is only for blacks. He's not even talking about fans. He's talking about the heads at the labels who are pushing a certain brand of rap music. Brian8448 on the previous page put it perfectly on how the heads of label can influence the mindset of people and what Scarface was trying to say.
But he is constantly pushing the fact that it's hurting the black community, implieing that Hip-Hop is only geared towards blacks.
__________________
http://24.media.tumblr.com/c07d02b42a25747222354c0ff8a16a46/tumblr_mn2hipLFC11rgam01o1_r1_500.png


Black Is Beautiful


Spoiler for DrIllmatic:
Combat Analyst is offline  
Old 04-28-2013, 06:59 PM   #3906 (permalink)
P.O.P., hold it down
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Houston
Posts: 21,315
Notorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselves
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Where does Scarface say that hip-hop is only geared towards blacks? He doesn't imply it either.

He's talking about how the white guys that are the heads of labels are promoting this brand of ignorant rap by certain black rappers, instead of promoting black rappers with actual skill and subject matter. Then they turn around and promote rappers of another race that talk about social issues to brainwash the black audience of thinking "Damn the white rappers are better than the black rappers."

Like how brian 8448 put it in the previous page, an example would be you have guys who are popular now like Trinidad James, 2 Chainz and Future who really don't have a subject matter, just talk about a bunch of bullshit and are highly ignorant...and then you turn around and promote a guy like Macklemore, who talks more about social issues and it makes him look better than he actually he is in comparison to rappers like those guys I named before. Then if you keep constantly repeating that cycle and people start believing, hip-hop becomes whitewashed and a white genre.

He's not saying there shouldn't be white rappers or that there shouldn't be white rap fans. He's talking about the heads of the label and how they promote rappers, especially those that are geared towards the black community.
__________________
Notorious is offline  
Old 04-28-2013, 07:23 PM   #3907 (permalink)
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
Combat Analyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5,016
Combat Analyst needs to make some friendsCombat Analyst needs to make some friendsCombat Analyst needs to make some friendsCombat Analyst needs to make some friendsCombat Analyst needs to make some friendsCombat Analyst needs to make some friendsCombat Analyst needs to make some friendsCombat Analyst needs to make some friends
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
Where does Scarface say that hip-hop is only geared towards blacks? He doesn't imply it either.

He's talking about how the white guys that are the heads of labels are promoting this brand of ignorant rap by certain black rappers, instead of promoting black rappers with actual skill and subject matter. Then they turn around and promote rappers of another race that talk about social issues to brainwash the black audience of thinking "Damn the white rappers are better than the black rappers."

Like how brian 8448 put it in the previous page, an example would be you have guys who are popular now like Trinidad James, 2 Chainz and Future who really don't have a subject matter, just talk about a bunch of bullshit and are highly ignorant...and then you turn around and promote a guy like Macklemore, who talks more about social issues and it makes him look better than he actually he is in comparison to rappers like those guys I named before. Then if you keep constantly repeating that cycle and people start believing, hip-hop becomes whitewashed and a white genre.

He's not saying there shouldn't be white rappers or that there shouldn't be white rap fans. He's talking about the heads of the label and how they promote rappers, especially those that are geared towards the black community.
But he makes it seems as if Hip-Hop is only corrupting the black community.
__________________
http://24.media.tumblr.com/c07d02b42a25747222354c0ff8a16a46/tumblr_mn2hipLFC11rgam01o1_r1_500.png


Black Is Beautiful


Spoiler for DrIllmatic:
Combat Analyst is offline  
Old 04-28-2013, 07:25 PM   #3908 (permalink)
P.O.P., hold it down
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Houston
Posts: 21,315
Notorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselves
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

He never said hip-hop was only corrupting the black community, but he feels that's the main group. And he doesn't think "hip-hop" is corrupting anyone. He's talking about the guys at the head of record labels.
__________________
Notorious is offline  
Old 04-28-2013, 07:31 PM   #3909 (permalink)
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
Combat Analyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5,016
Combat Analyst needs to make some friendsCombat Analyst needs to make some friendsCombat Analyst needs to make some friendsCombat Analyst needs to make some friendsCombat Analyst needs to make some friendsCombat Analyst needs to make some friendsCombat Analyst needs to make some friendsCombat Analyst needs to make some friends
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
He never said hip-hop was only corrupting the black community, but he feels that's the main group. And he doesn't think "hip-hop" is corrupting anyone. He's talking about the guys at the head of record labels.
It's not the main group. More white people buy rap albums than blacks.

"Let me say this sh-t right because I want this to be as offensive as I can fu-kin' make it for these old-ass punks that's running these record labels that's in the powerful positions to dictate what the Black community hears and listens to. I fu-king hate that sh-t. That sh-t pisses me off," he added.

"There's no fu-king way that you can tell me that it's not a conspiracy against the Blacks in Hip Hop.

Obviously trying to make it as if blacks are oppressed. At the end of the day blame yourself for what you listen too.
__________________
http://24.media.tumblr.com/c07d02b42a25747222354c0ff8a16a46/tumblr_mn2hipLFC11rgam01o1_r1_500.png


Black Is Beautiful


Spoiler for DrIllmatic:
Combat Analyst is offline  
Old 04-28-2013, 07:44 PM   #3910 (permalink)
P.O.P., hold it down
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Houston
Posts: 21,315
Notorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselves
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Ugh.

The main group he feels the labels are targeting that kind of ignorant rap music towards, man not main group who buys albums. GTFO with this "oppressed" shit.

I kind of agree with LB, I think you guys are trying too hard to be offended.
__________________
Notorious is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios