Hip Hop Discussion Thread - Page 373 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 12:21 AM   #3721 (permalink)
Old School
 
Olympus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: With my auntie and uncle in Bel Air
Posts: 4,782
Olympus Olympus Olympus Olympus Olympus Olympus Olympus Olympus Olympus Olympus Olympus
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

I like brand name clothing soooooo.
__________________
Olympus is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 04-12-2013, 01:24 AM   #3722 (permalink)
GOD
ITS NEW JACK THE ORIGINAL GANGSTA
 
GOD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Twin Peaks
Posts: 8,059
GOD has made a name for themselvesGOD has made a name for themselvesGOD has made a name for themselvesGOD has made a name for themselvesGOD has made a name for themselvesGOD has made a name for themselvesGOD has made a name for themselvesGOD has made a name for themselvesGOD has made a name for themselvesGOD has made a name for themselvesGOD has made a name for themselves
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

when it comes to drake, i used to hate him but hes grown on me. take care was a good album, but not a masterpiece. for an album to be a masterpiece for me, i cannot skip a trick, playing it from start to end, which is not the case when it comes to take care
__________________

"We ain't gotta dream no more, man." - Stringer Bell
GOD is offline  
Old 04-12-2013, 07:19 AM   #3723 (permalink)
Humbled
 
LBGetBack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 4,682
LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkboy22 View Post
Does anyone else think that Jadakiss' Kiss of Death is one of the most underrated hip hop albums? The beats go hard, lyrics go even harder, this album is just great yet I barely hear anyone talk about on any sort of rap or hip hop forums that I check out.

Now, I'll be honest the only reason I discovered the guy was because of the Sleeping Dogs video game although Shine does bring up some memories. Other than that, never knew the guy existed. I had to find out from a video game? I think people need to get off the Illmatic's dick and start paying attention to some other works.
.
Wait.....because YOU never knew Jadakiss existed, OTHERS need to pay attention? Huh? Jada has been a prominent rapper since 1997. Your cluelessness on him isn't our fault or Illmatics fault. LOL.

And nah, Kiss of Death wasn't that good in my opinion. 3.5/5 type album to me, which is what basically all of Jada's solos are. Great rapper with a so so album discography. Luckily his mix tapes exist.
LBGetBack is offline  
Old 04-12-2013, 07:51 AM   #3724 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Smif-N-Wessun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The 36 Chambers
Posts: 1,420
Smif-N-Wessun needs to make some friendsSmif-N-Wessun needs to make some friendsSmif-N-Wessun needs to make some friendsSmif-N-Wessun needs to make some friendsSmif-N-Wessun needs to make some friendsSmif-N-Wessun needs to make some friendsSmif-N-Wessun needs to make some friendsSmif-N-Wessun needs to make some friends
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkboy22 View Post
Does anyone else think that Jadakiss' Kiss of Death is one of the most underrated hip hop albums? The beats go hard, lyrics go even harder, this album is just great yet I barely hear anyone talk about on any sort of rap or hip hop forums that I check out.

Now, I'll be honest the only reason I discovered the guy was because of the Sleeping Dogs video game although Shine does bring up some memories. Other than that, never knew the guy existed. I had to find out from a video game? I think people need to get off the Illmatic's dick and start paying attention to some other works.
I think the fact that anybody likes that album makes it overrated. Sorry, but comparing it to Illmatic is like comparing a rusty tricycle to a Mercedes.
__________________

^furious, projects self-image onto others^

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP
“Kevin Nash is right. Smaller guys don’t draw. I mean who would pay any money to watch itty bitty guys like Mayweather or Paquiao?"
Talent/charisma draws. Not size.
Smif-N-Wessun is offline  
Old 04-12-2013, 09:14 AM   #3725 (permalink)
Humbled
 
LBGetBack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 4,682
LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smif-N-Wessun View Post
I think the fact that anybody likes that album makes it overrated. Sorry, but comparing it to Illmatic is like comparing a rusty tricycle to a Mercedes.
Haha. I don't think it's a bad album, but it's certainly not an album that people should still be talking about almost 10 years later like it was some classic, like shark boy seems to think.

It got attention at the time, Why? Was all over the radio, and that awful song with Mariah got some radio play too. Overall, it was a decent album....not wack at all, but not nearly as good as Jada is capable of. "The Champ is Here" came out around the same time and was WAY better than the album. Shark boy, you need to find that, if you don't already have it. Not part 2 or 3....those were good too. But the first one, which might be harder to find since it came out around '04.
LBGetBack is offline  
Old 04-12-2013, 02:48 PM   #3726 (permalink)
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
Ether's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: New York City
Posts: 5,041
Ether Ether Ether Ether Ether Ether Ether Ether Ether Ether Ether
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Kiss Of Death is a good album, that's it. at comparing it to Illmatic. There's plenty Nas fans who are also Jada fans, and Jada fans who are Nas fans. They've also made plenty of dope songs together.

Kiss Of Death wasn't even the best album of 2004 tbh. Probably wouldn't make my top 5
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREDMI View Post
You're fucken damn right, you've rustled my jimmies & I assume everyone else's!!! I tell you what, I'll pay your airfare over to Melbourne, it will only be a one way ticket though, because I will KILL you, you child molesting fuckwit!!!
Ether is offline  
Old 04-12-2013, 04:33 PM   #3727 (permalink)
AND YOU SHINE MY SHOES IF I WANT YOU TO
 
sharkboy22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 9,699
sharkboy22 is getting a pushsharkboy22 is getting a pushsharkboy22 is getting a pushsharkboy22 is getting a pushsharkboy22 is getting a pushsharkboy22 is getting a pushsharkboy22 is getting a pushsharkboy22 is getting a pushsharkboy22 is getting a pushsharkboy22 is getting a pushsharkboy22 is getting a push
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Holy shit, nowhere did I say it was as good as Illmatic. I'm just saying it's an underrated album among most hip hop forums, even for a 3.5/5 album (which is what I will give it as well)

The Illmatic comment was....well do I need to explain the Illmatic comment? It's like the Dance With The Devil GOAT song persons. You go on a hip hop forum and everything is either Illmatic or Dance With The Devil.
__________________
sharkboy22 is offline  
Old 04-12-2013, 05:01 PM   #3728 (permalink)
Humbled
 
LBGetBack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 4,682
LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkboy22 View Post
Holy shit, nowhere did I say it was as good as Illmatic. I'm just saying it's an underrated album among most hip hop forums, even for a 3.5/5 album (which is what I will give it as well)

The Illmatic comment was....well do I need to explain the Illmatic comment? It's like the Dance With The Devil GOAT song persons. You go on a hip hop forum and everything is either Illmatic or Dance With The Devil.
I see your point......but I don't think this album is a good example of something that needs to be discussed 10 years later. It was ok. Ok albums get forgotten by many.

I think there are many albums from Illmatics own time period that are legit 4.5/5 or better that get overlooked compared to Illmatic though.

And I also think there's a whole generation that pretty much ignores all the classics in the 87-92 time frame,
LBGetBack is offline  
Old 04-12-2013, 05:31 PM   #3729 (permalink)
Don't give up on the gravy
 
obby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 11,261
obby has made a name for themselvesobby has made a name for themselvesobby has made a name for themselvesobby has made a name for themselvesobby has made a name for themselvesobby has made a name for themselvesobby has made a name for themselvesobby has made a name for themselvesobby has made a name for themselvesobby has made a name for themselvesobby has made a name for themselves
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Kiss of Death had "Why" on it, though, which is probably one of the worst hip hop songs I've ever heard.
__________________
obby is online now  
Old 04-12-2013, 05:45 PM   #3730 (permalink)
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
Striker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Our House In the Middle of the Street
Posts: 3,007
Striker Striker Striker Striker Striker Striker Striker Striker Striker Striker Striker
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Is this a good website?

http://albumjams.com/album/asap-rock...lbum/#comments
__________________

All Hail the King
Striker is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios