Hip Hop Discussion Thread - Page 319 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #3181 of 6402 (permalink) Old 03-07-2013, 07:37 PM
P.O.P., hold it down
 
Earl the Red Nosed Reindeer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Houston
Posts: 21,487
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
                     
Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

His lyrics were good but I really don't like the beat.

Good track, doesn't beat 9 AM in Dallas but a solid track nonetheless. Better than that Started from the Bottom bullshit.

Earl the Red Nosed Reindeer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3182 of 6402 (permalink) Old 03-07-2013, 07:46 PM
Carrying SCOTT STEINER's bags
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Everywhere in the middle of nowhere
Posts: 3,855
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by STUFF View Post
Fuck, he went hard.

I agree with Notorious though. I don't like the beat too much either.

Guy LeDouche is offline  
post #3183 of 6402 (permalink) Old 03-07-2013, 09:06 PM
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
funnyfaces1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5,053
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
                     
Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Anyone else check out the new Doppelgangaz album? Listened to it three times already and it's now my second favorite album released this year. The second half of the album is scary good.

funnyfaces1 is offline  
post #3184 of 6402 (permalink) Old 03-07-2013, 10:54 PM
Humbled
 
LBGetBack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 4,682
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

This might be the greatest song ever. Perfect beat, verses, chorus, scratching....and they all fit together perfectly. Just a cold, cold song.

LBGetBack is offline  
post #3185 of 6402 (permalink) Old 03-08-2013, 12:53 AM
Old School
 
Olympus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: With my auntie and uncle in Bel Air
Posts: 4,783
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

MTV's Top 10 Hottest MCs...

1. Kendrick Lamar
2. 2 Chainz
3. Rick Ross
4. Nas
5. Drake
6. Big Sean
7. Kanye West
8. A$AP Rocky
9. Future
10. Meek Mill

http://www.mtv.com/specials/hottest/mc/index.jhtml

I mean, I guess...Nas in the top 5 though. 2

Olympus is offline  
post #3186 of 6402 (permalink) Old 03-08-2013, 06:08 AM
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
X3iE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 559
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Anyone like ICP?



^ I think I found a new favorite song by them. Been listening to them since I was a kid. A lot of good songs.

X3iE is offline  
post #3187 of 6402 (permalink) Old 03-08-2013, 10:08 AM
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Smif-N-Wessun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The 36 Chambers
Posts: 1,420
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
               
Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaveli View Post
MTV's Top 10 Hottest MCs...

1. Kendrick Lamar
2. 2 Chainz
3. Rick Ross
4. Nas
5. Drake
6. Big Sean
7. Kanye West
8. A$AP Rocky
9. Future
10. Meek Mill

http://www.mtv.com/specials/hottest/mc/index.jhtml

I mean, I guess...Nas in the top 5 though. 2

...I'm a lil confused by this list. (Keep in mind, this is a "hottest" MCs list. It's all about buzz; skill isn't taken into account for this.)

Does Kendrick Lamar reaaaaally deserve that number 1 spot? Of course he should be in the list, but at the top of it? He got a lot of buzz from heads that're really deep into hip-hop, but that's not a big portion of the audience. Did the entire general populace REALLY give more attention to Kendrick Lamar than ANY other MC? I'm skeptical. Another headscratcher is Nas at #4. I'm a Nas stan, but Life Is Good just kinda... Came and went. And that was about it. Yet he's higher than Drake, Kanye, Big Sean, and A$AP? And lastly, why are Future and Meek Mill at 9 and 10, yet Pusha T is nowhere to be seen? Granted, I live in Virginia, so his buzz might not be like this anywhere else, but surely he at least deserves the 10 spot? Chief Keef also seems to be a pretty glaring omission.


^furious, projects self-image onto others^

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP
“Kevin Nash is right. Smaller guys don’t draw. I mean who would pay any money to watch itty bitty guys like Mayweather or Paquiao?"
Talent/charisma draws. Not size.
Smif-N-Wessun is offline  
post #3188 of 6402 (permalink) Old 03-08-2013, 11:55 AM
Old School
 
Olympus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: With my auntie and uncle in Bel Air
Posts: 4,783
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

A$AP, Drake, Ye, and Sean all should have been top 5. The list is confusing as hell. Nas has had a good amount of mainstream exposure, but nowhere close to the amount of attention Ye, A$AP, or Drake have had. I think it's fair to give Kendrick the #1 spot. NO ONE could have seen GKMC doing as well as it did commerically. It' STILL moving units. Only a matter of time until it goes platinum. Two big album singles (Swimming Pools and Poetic Justice) that were all over the place. Not only that, but almost every track from the album has received a lot of attention. My 15 year old sister was bumping Backseat Freestyle hard for a while...she also likes JUSTIN BEIBER. Just search the tracks on Youtube and you'll see how much attention less promoted songs like Money Trees or Backseat Freestyle have gotten. He deserves the one spot.

Ross shouldn't be top 5 much less top 3. Meek is about right. The album drop, DC3 coming up, and Cassidy beef have given him enough buzz to get him on the list. Future is iffy. I'm not sure he even deserves to be on the list really. Hooks for Rihanna, Wayne, and Pusha, one major single and a few smaller hits. Notable of course, but top 10? I don't know. I'm also not sure if Pusha is top 10 material. His mainstream presence isn't that great if it even exists at all. Jeezy's probably more deserving of a top 10 spot.

My top 10 hottest MCs:

1. Kendrick Lamar
2. Drake
3. A$AP Rocky
4. 2 Chainz
5. Kanye West
6. Big Sean
7. Rick Ross
8. Meek Mill
9. Nas
10. Young Jeezy

You have to take into account that guys like Wayne, Em, and Jay who would obviously make the list if they had been more prolific this past year aren't on here. As well as guys like KRIT and J Cole, especially Cole, could have been on here had they put out more material last year. So of course the list might look a little weak. With all three expected to drop an album this year, expect Em, Wayne, and Cole all to be on the list next year.

Olympus is offline  
post #3189 of 6402 (permalink) Old 03-08-2013, 04:22 PM
People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.
 
Muta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Sunspear
Posts: 3,302
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
                     
Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3iE View Post
Anyone like ICP?



^ I think I found a new favorite song by them. Been listening to them since I was a kid. A lot of good songs.
Absolutely not. Everybody that I have ever met or seen that was an ICP fan or juggafag has always been the exact definition of white trash.



Muta is offline  
post #3190 of 6402 (permalink) Old 03-08-2013, 11:19 PM
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
Combat Analyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5,041
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                 
Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
His lyrics were good but I really don't like the beat.

Good track, doesn't beat 9 AM in Dallas but a solid track nonetheless. Better than that Started from the Bottom bullshit.
Started From the Bottom is actually a catchy song.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smif-N-Wessun View Post
...I'm a lil confused by this list. (Keep in mind, this is a "hottest" MCs list. It's all about buzz; skill isn't taken into account for this.)

Does Kendrick Lamar reaaaaally deserve that number 1 spot? Of course he should be in the list, but at the top of it? He got a lot of buzz from heads that're really deep into hip-hop, but that's not a big portion of the audience. Did the entire general populace REALLY give more attention to Kendrick Lamar than ANY other MC? I'm skeptical. Another headscratcher is Nas at #4. I'm a Nas stan, but Life Is Good just kinda... Came and went. And that was about it. Yet he's higher than Drake, Kanye, Big Sean, and A$AP? And lastly, why are Future and Meek Mill at 9 and 10, yet Pusha T is nowhere to be seen? Granted, I live in Virginia, so his buzz might not be like this anywhere else, but surely he at least deserves the 10 spot? Chief Keef also seems to be a pretty glaring omission.
Pusha T didn't do anything to get buzz, Sure people recognized him as a GOOD Music member, but in no way was he a hot commodity. Future & Meek at least had hit songs.

People gave Kendrick lot of attention, not only was GKMC # 2 on the Billboard, but Swimming Pools, Poetic Justice, Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe, even Backseat Freestyle & Money Trees are starting to get popular.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/c07d02b42a25747222354c0ff8a16a46/tumblr_mn2hipLFC11rgam01o1_r1_500.png


Black Is Beautiful


Spoiler for DrIllmatic:
Combat Analyst is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome