Hip Hop Discussion Thread - Page 314 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 08:40 AM   #3131 (permalink)
Humbled
 
LBGetBack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 4,682
LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedStick View Post
RIAA-Ruined Rap: The 10 Worst Platinum Hip-Hop Albums Of All Time

10. Ying Yang Twins - U.nited S.tate Of A.tlanta [TVT/2005]
9. Will Smith - Willennium [Columbia/2000]
8. Dr. Dre - Dr. Dre Presents...The Aftermath [Aftermath/1996]
7. Snoop Doggy Dogg - Tha Doggfather [Death Row Records/1996]
6. Redman - Doc's Da Name 2000 [Def Jam/1998]
5. Soulja Boy - Souljaboytellem.com [Collipark/2007]
4. Chingy - Powerballin' [Capitol/2004]
3. Nas - Nastradamas [Columbia/1999]
2. Jay-Z & R. Kelly - Unfinished Business [Roc-A-Fella/Def Jam/Rockland/Jive/2004]
1. Vanilla Ice - To The Extreme [SBK/1990]

Source: smokingsection.uproxx.com
The FUCK is wrong with them picking Doc's Da Name? I mean, it's like Redman's 4th best album(though it might be his only platinum one) but that shit is a damn good album. That's just the most mind-boggling, most retarded thing I've heard.

And putting Doggfather and The Aftermath on is stupid too. Disappointing compared to previous efforts? Of course, so maybe on a top 10 "didn't live up to expectations" list. WORST? Hell no. Doggfather is actually pretty good, it's just nowhere near Doggystyle, so it was a big step down. Not a bad album by any means. The Aftermath wasn't very good, but there were a few really good songs, and there are many worse platinum albums. Really Nastradamus too. I don't like that album much, but it's way better than a lot of albums that sold well.

Not to mention, they got the wrong Will Smith album. Willenium was actually the best of the bunch, of his solo albums. So Fresh alone should keep it off a list like this.

Dumb list. They're just trying to disrespect some certifiable legends, despite the huge number of here today gone today ringtone rapper bullshit that sold well for awhile. Hell, we got recent albums that belong here....how about that last Nicki Minaj abomination?
LBGetBack is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 03-02-2013, 09:03 AM   #3132 (permalink)
Ayatollah of Moral turpitude
 
blarg_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: My giant Igloo with built-in Wi-Fi
Posts: 3,697
blarg_ has posts worth readingblarg_ has posts worth readingblarg_ has posts worth readingblarg_ has posts worth readingblarg_ has posts worth readingblarg_ has posts worth readingblarg_ has posts worth readingblarg_ has posts worth readingblarg_ has posts worth readingblarg_ has posts worth readingblarg_ has posts worth reading
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

wonder how P Diddy's Forever and Mase's Harlem World didn't top those lists, definitely amungst the worse rappers in history to ever go platinum.
__________________
blarg_ is offline  
Old 03-02-2013, 09:33 AM   #3133 (permalink)
Humbled
 
LBGetBack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 4,682
LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by blarg_ View Post
wonder how P Diddy's Forever and Mase's Harlem World didn't top those lists, definitely amungst the worse rappers in history to ever go platinum.
You mean Mase's group Harlem World? Or the album?

Because that album was good, on the pop-rap side IMO.

And yeah, Forever was pretty wack. He had EVERYBODY on that album, and many of those songs just sucked. Journey Through the Life was HEAT though.

But I can't agree with Mase, if you mean his album. Yeah, there were some singles that were pure cheese, but that was all Puff and that was to sell the album. Mase could spit when allowed and he he did on a lot of the songs on that album. That album was similar to BIG's Life After Death (not as good) in that it tried to go that "something for everyone" route. You had dope songs like these....









Even this, a dope single from the Neptunes before they were "The Neptunes"

LBGetBack is offline  
Old 03-02-2013, 09:50 AM   #3134 (permalink)
Ayatollah of Moral turpitude
 
blarg_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: My giant Igloo with built-in Wi-Fi
Posts: 3,697
blarg_ has posts worth readingblarg_ has posts worth readingblarg_ has posts worth readingblarg_ has posts worth readingblarg_ has posts worth readingblarg_ has posts worth readingblarg_ has posts worth readingblarg_ has posts worth readingblarg_ has posts worth readingblarg_ has posts worth readingblarg_ has posts worth reading
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBGetBack View Post
You mean Mase's group Harlem World? Or the album?

Because that album was good, on the pop-rap side IMO.

And yeah, Forever was pretty wack. He had EVERYBODY on that album, and many of those songs just sucked. Journey Through the Life was HEAT though.

But I can't agree with Mase, if you mean his album. Yeah, there were some singles that were pure cheese, but that was all Puff and that was to sell the album. Mase could spit when allowed and he he did on a lot of the songs on that album. That album was similar to BIG's Life After Death (not as good) in that it tried to go that "something for everyone" route. You had dope songs like these....









Even this, a dope single from the Neptunes before they were "The Neptunes"

Maybe the album was similar to Life after Death in terms of production, but Notorious made this chump seem like amateur hour. I'm sorry, never liked Mase in the least, always came across as someone that double upped on his Valium before coming in the studio and spitting his monotonic rhymes. I think it's his best solo album out of the lot, but that's not saying much. The only reason it's even bearable is because some of the tracks were catchy when I was a kid. My neighbor had Harlem World on heavy rotation on his boombox outside the house, after a while that shit drove me insane.

and fuck P Diddy, dude never had an original thought in his entire life. He went the Dr Dre route of relying on collabs to get by, only Dre is actually talented. The only thing I liked on Forever was the beat on PE#1, and that was sampled from Public Enemy.
__________________
blarg_ is offline  
Old 03-02-2013, 09:53 AM   #3135 (permalink)
Challenging SCOTT STEINER's authority
 
Stinger Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,555
Stinger Fan needs to make some friendsStinger Fan needs to make some friendsStinger Fan needs to make some friendsStinger Fan needs to make some friendsStinger Fan needs to make some friendsStinger Fan needs to make some friendsStinger Fan needs to make some friendsStinger Fan needs to make some friendsStinger Fan needs to make some friendsStinger Fan needs to make some friends
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBGetBack View Post
STILL not done! Still ranting and raving about shit I stopped talking about weeks ago(I made my point, and my minds made up).

Thought you were done? Why say it, if you can't stick to it?

And now you're getting mad enough to make baseless, generic, internet "personal attacks". LOLOLOL!

Jumping to all kinds of conclusions as to why I "critiqued" one song.

I'ma be nice for now, because you're obviously hurting over all this. I hurt your feelings and made you mad, and you're reacting to that. But you don't want to take where you're starting to take it to with me, trust. You can't fuck with me on any level, and you'll get absolutely humilated. Take heed, and thank me for being nice.(for now)
Do you honestly only see things that you THINK others do? You made a generalization that all I only like white rappers then called me racist and acting emo and you're saying I personally attacked you? What kind of shit is that? Playing the innocent card. How pathetic. I jumped to conclusions? Says the guy who claims Latino's,and Jews are full white people,saying I only listen to said "white rappers" then claim I jump to conclusions?

Hey keep saying all I do is rant, coming from a guy who replied to 90% of the songs I posted then say I have issues .

Here,I'll give you this song that you wont listen to,say it sucks and claim its racist because of your ignorance



All I can say is PAY ATTENTION TO THE MUSIC
Stinger Fan is offline  
Old 03-02-2013, 10:12 AM   #3136 (permalink)
Humbled
 
LBGetBack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 4,682
LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by blarg_ View Post
Maybe the album was similar to Life after Death in terms of production, but Notorious made this chump seem like amateur hour. I'm sorry, never liked Mase in the least, always came across as someone that double upped on his Valium before coming in the studio and spitting his monotonic rhymes. I think it's his best solo album out of the lot, but that's not saying much. The only reason it's even bearable is because some of the tracks were catchy when I was a kid. My neighbor had Harlem World on heavy rotation on his boombox outside the house, after a while that shit drove me insane.

and fuck P Diddy, dude never had an original thought in his entire life. He went the Dr Dre route of relying on collabs to get by, only Dre is actually talented. The only thing I liked on Forever was the beat on PE#1, and that was sampled from Public Enemy.

C'mon I explained what I meant with the Life After Death thing.....just in terms of the "something for everyone" formula. You had the hard songs, the girl songs, the club songs, etc. I wasn't comparing Mase to BIG as a rapper.

I can see why Mase's voice/flow can be offputting to some. Though given that you said you typically LIKE the different sounding flows and voices (Baatin, Das EFX, etc.) I thought you might appreciate it because Mase was definitely unique. But again, I can also see not liking it. It didn't bother me.

I think Mase's image made a lot of the "real hip hop" heads automatically hate him. He was cheesing WAY too hard in all his videos showing every last one of them teeth and shit, the shiny suits, goofy dancing. But he could actually rap IMO. I mean, if Cam or Jada or someone was spitting Mase's lyrics, more cats would like them IMO. If Mase was rocking a dusty ass hoody and timbs and hadn't shaved in 4 days and was staring into the camera all hard, more heads would've liked him too IMO.

As for Forever.....have you given Journey Through The Life much of a listen? You can't tell me these cats didn't all rip their verses on that. Even Puff(though Nas obviously wrote his verse)

LBGetBack is offline  
Old 03-02-2013, 10:19 AM   #3137 (permalink)
Humbled
 
LBGetBack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 4,682
LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger Fan View Post
Do you honestly only see things that you THINK others do? You made a generalization that all I only like white rappers then called me racist and acting emo and you're saying I personally attacked you? What kind of shit is that? Playing the innocent card. How pathetic. I jumped to conclusions? Says the guy who claims Latino's,and Jews are full white people,saying I only listen to said "white rappers" then claim I jump to conclusions?

Hey keep saying all I do is rant, coming from a guy who replied to 90% of the songs I posted then say I have issues .

Here,I'll give you this song that you wont listen to,say it sucks and claim its racist because of your ignorance



All I can say is PAY ATTENTION TO THE MUSIC

LOL, that's THREE! Said you were done, but keep replying. Didn't really pay attention. Again, I legit AM done with that original argument we had. My mind's made up. Ain't getting into it anymore because I already know what you're about. You're doing the things you claim I do. I never said SHIT about Latinos. You're jumping to all kinds of conclusions and putting words in my mouth all because you're mad...... that's emo as fuck. You can flat out OWN that and learn to like it, because you clearly are.


What's true hip hop, duke? That's all I asked. I was curious what you meant? What makes it true or not true? I'm not interested in continuing the other discussion, this was a new one.....but you chose to continue being mad over the old one and trying to keep it going despite claiming you were "done". That's why I called your rants "emo". LOL. Can't even answer a simple question in your own words.

Last edited by LBGetBack : 03-02-2013 at 10:34 AM.
LBGetBack is offline  
Old 03-02-2013, 10:30 AM   #3138 (permalink)
Challenging SCOTT STEINER's authority
 
Stinger Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,555
Stinger Fan needs to make some friendsStinger Fan needs to make some friendsStinger Fan needs to make some friendsStinger Fan needs to make some friendsStinger Fan needs to make some friendsStinger Fan needs to make some friendsStinger Fan needs to make some friendsStinger Fan needs to make some friendsStinger Fan needs to make some friendsStinger Fan needs to make some friends
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBGetBack View Post
LOL, that's THREE! Said you were done, but keep replying. Didn't really pay attention. Again, I legit AM done with that original argument we had. My mind's made up. Ain't getting into it anymore because I already know what you're about.


What's true hip hop, duke? That's all I asked. I was curious what you meant? What makes it true or not true? I'm not interested in continuing the other discussion, this was a new one.....but you chose to continue being mad over the old one and trying to keep it going despite claiming you were "done". LOL.
I didn't say I was done in that post actually so counting makes you look foolish. ANd if I recall correctly I said I was done wityh you a month ago on another argument and you made a post that I didn't respond to

You say you're done yet ask me a question? Makes sense. BTW I answered the question already but you're too stupid to read it

Here's a question

Why are black people only allowed to hiphop? You claimed that its only a black thing so why?Why does it bother you that anyone other than black people listen?Seriously, make an argument a clear cut argument why I can't listen to hiphop because I'm not black
Stinger Fan is offline  
Old 03-02-2013, 10:40 AM   #3139 (permalink)
Humbled
 
LBGetBack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 4,682
LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack LBGetBack
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger Fan View Post
I didn't say I was done in that post actually so counting makes you look foolish. ANd if I recall correctly I said I was done wityh you a month ago on another argument and you made a post that I didn't respond to

You say you're done yet ask me a question? Makes sense. BTW I answered the question already but you're too stupid to read it

Here's a question

Why are black people only allowed to hiphop? You claimed that its only a black thing so why?Why does it bother you that anyone other than black people listen?Seriously, make an argument a clear cut argument why I can't listen to hiphop because I'm not black

I said I was done with the OLD argument. I didn't say I was done with you. In fact, I said that I would continue to read and reply to whoever I want to, including you if I feel like it, when you were telling me not to reply to you anymore. So don't try to play that card with me. More dishonesty from you. Keep squirming.

You didn't answer the question. You just said "listen to the music" or some shit. Why is it such a big deal? You used the term, why not clearly explain it? Why keep dodging around it and being all secretive?

And there you go with the insults..."stupid", "get a gf", etc. We both know you wouldn't say that to me in person, so why say it on here? Does it give you a rush to be able to safely talk tough to somebody? Maybe you'll grow out of that someday.

And I NEVER said only black people are allowed to listen to hip hop. EVER. I told your pretentious ass to respect the history of who started this shit and WHY. I didn't say you can't listen to hip hop because you're not black. In fact, I would encourage you to listen to MORE hip hop, and maybe you'll get over your little narrow-minded bullshit of what hip hop is and should be.

Last edited by LBGetBack : 03-02-2013 at 10:45 AM.
LBGetBack is offline  
Old 03-02-2013, 10:40 AM   #3140 (permalink)
Ayatollah of Moral turpitude
 
blarg_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: My giant Igloo with built-in Wi-Fi
Posts: 3,697
blarg_ has posts worth readingblarg_ has posts worth readingblarg_ has posts worth readingblarg_ has posts worth readingblarg_ has posts worth readingblarg_ has posts worth readingblarg_ has posts worth readingblarg_ has posts worth readingblarg_ has posts worth readingblarg_ has posts worth readingblarg_ has posts worth reading
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBGetBack View Post
C'mon I explained what I meant with the Life After Death thing.....just in terms of the "something for everyone" formula. You had the hard songs, the girl songs, the club songs, etc. I wasn't comparing Mase to BIG as a rapper.

I can see why Mase's voice/flow can be offputting to some. Though given that you said you typically LIKE the different sounding flows and voices (Baatin, Das EFX, etc.) I thought you might appreciate it because Mase was definitely unique. But again, I can also see not liking it. It didn't bother me.

I think Mase's image made a lot of the "real hip hop" heads automatically hate him. He was cheesing WAY too hard in all his videos showing every last one of them teeth and shit, the shiny suits, goofy dancing. But he could actually rap IMO. I mean, if Cam or Jada or someone was spitting Mase's lyrics, more cats would like them IMO. If Mase was rocking a dusty ass hoody and timbs and hadn't shaved in 4 days and was staring into the camera all hard, more heads would've liked him too IMO.

As for Forever.....have you given Journey Through The Life much of a listen? You can't tell me these cats didn't all rip their verses on that. Even Puff(though Nas obviously wrote his verse)

Eh, to each their own. The track you sent me was solid. Diddy obviously tried not to come across as complete crap on here, and Nas's verse was good. I know i've talked against Nas on here, but i'll never call him a bad rapper. He's capable of some very tight rhymes when he puts his mind to it. In the mainstream, he's definitely one of the best even if i'm not a fan of all his stuff.

It's not just about being unique. To me a guy like Skoob had the charisma, and there were compelling stories told throughout the iggity shtick. I actually felt like the guy went through something unlike Mase that always came across as a Poser without much to rap about. Image to me is everything, if you look the part, prepare to be treated as such. When I didn't know any better and seen him in the videos with Biggy, always assumed he was someone important's little brother that got the sympathy plug as a birthday gift or something. At least with Puff, I knew a bit of his history so I sorta got why he was there. I even thought "Victory" and the music video was kinda dope at the time.
__________________
blarg_ is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios