Hip Hop Discussion Thread - Page 302 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 07:17 PM   #3011 (permalink)
Holdin' it Dine for the South since 88
 
Notorious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Houston
Posts: 21,026
Notorious 11001 - 11500Notorious 11001 - 11500Notorious 11001 - 11500Notorious 11001 - 11500Notorious 11001 - 11500Notorious 11001 - 11500Notorious 11001 - 11500Notorious 11001 - 11500Notorious 11001 - 11500Notorious 11001 - 11500Notorious 11001 - 11500
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

That's exactly why I put 4Eva N A Day over K.R.I.T. Wuz Here and Return of 4Eva. KRIT's best songs come from those two mixtapes but as far as listening from start to finish, both of those mixtapes have their share of filler while 4Eva N A Day has relatively none. KRIT tells a story throughout the tape, every song flows together, he sticks to his concept and it's the kind of tape you listen to from start to finish.

Sucks to see him getting slept on so much. Although I'm sure if his album was better he'd have gotten more recognition. Was disappointed with his album. It wasn't terrible, but was a clear step-down from his mixtapes.
__________________
Notorious is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 02-14-2013, 07:28 PM   #3012 (permalink)
Humbled
 
LBGetBack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 4,682
LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
That's exactly why I put 4Eva N A Day over K.R.I.T. Wuz Here and Return of 4Eva. KRIT's best songs come from those two mixtapes but as far as listening from start to finish, both of those mixtapes have their share of filler while 4Eva N A Day has relatively none. KRIT tells a story throughout the tape, every song flows together, he sticks to his concept and it's the kind of tape you listen to from start to finish.

Sucks to see him getting slept on so much. Although I'm sure if his album was better he'd have gotten more recognition. Was disappointed with his album. It wasn't terrible, but was a clear step-down from his mixtapes.
Yeah, I agree with this 100%.

I will say I wasn't disappointed with the album initially....I liked it quite a bit initially and played it a lot last summer. However, it hasn't held up like the other 3, and doesn't have as much replay value.....basically, it's just not as strong of a project. I do really like some of the songs on it (Rich Dad Poor Dad, I Got This, Hydroplanin, the outro, Money On The Floor to name a few). But there are some flat out bad songs and bad hooks like Yeah Dats Me....don't know why songs like that made the cut.
LBGetBack is offline  
Old 02-14-2013, 07:38 PM   #3013 (permalink)
Holdin' it Dine for the South since 88
 
Notorious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Houston
Posts: 21,026
Notorious 11001 - 11500Notorious 11001 - 11500Notorious 11001 - 11500Notorious 11001 - 11500Notorious 11001 - 11500Notorious 11001 - 11500Notorious 11001 - 11500Notorious 11001 - 11500Notorious 11001 - 11500Notorious 11001 - 11500Notorious 11001 - 11500
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Only songs from Live from the Underground that I still play are Money on the Floor (Which came out like a year before the album), Porchlight, I Got This, Hydroplaning and Rich Dad, Poor Dad.
__________________
Notorious is offline  
Old 02-14-2013, 07:59 PM   #3014 (permalink)
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
Stinger Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,239
Stinger Fan 1001 - 1500Stinger Fan 1001 - 1500Stinger Fan 1001 - 1500Stinger Fan 1001 - 1500Stinger Fan 1001 - 1500Stinger Fan 1001 - 1500Stinger Fan 1001 - 1500Stinger Fan 1001 - 1500Stinger Fan 1001 - 1500
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBGetBack View Post
I didn't say you're racist, I said everything you post is all in that same exact lane. And I made the obvious observation that there's ALWAYS a white rapper on eveyr song. Just looking in the stills of the videos you just posted shows that, lol.

That would be like me posting only videos by Little Brother, Phonte, Big Pooh, 9th Wonder, Foreign Exchange, Skyzoo, Chaundon, Median, and everyone in that extended family, and others in that similar lane like Tanya Morgan, Von Pea, Kev Brown, etc.

Or someone else ONLY posting Young Money shit everytime.

It's basically stanning and maybe a subtle form of trolling, whether it's intended that way or not. My opinion.

Also, pretty funny that you're bringing this BS into the thread, as if anyone else cares. If you want to get at me, get at me.
Come off it. Thats exactly what you were trying to say and now you're back tracking because I proved you wrong,you tried to spin it because you look like a damn fool. The same lane? So you're saying I'm posting the same stuff yet you only see the stills? Makes sense. Like I said before Rugged Man and Apathy are the only white guys there. Besides, why does it matter to you if there's a white guy in it or not? You're trying to make something out of nothing becuase you have this ridiculous self righteous attitude when it comes to hiphop. IDK why but for some reason you're acting as if what you like is better honestly its subjective but it seems to you its not.

You're practically saying you're avoiding something I post because it has a "white guy" in it but honestly why does that even matter? Unlike you , I'm not calling you racist but really why should it matter what race someone is? I was raised better

IDC who you post but you don't see me bitching, like I said. I don't care for quite a bit of videos posted but you don't see me singling people out trying to say"why does this video gotta be only black guys in it?" or"pft no one cares they suck my music is better!!!" you don't see me doing that do you? No.

I'm "stanning"? Because why again? I post different artists, in fact several different guys but for some reason you're saying they're all the same are you trying to say"all white people are the same"? SInce you insist all I listen to are white people? See I can spin shit around too doesn't make me right about it.

Also,bringing up what BS? You were the one who started shit, you were the one who kept quoting me saying what I said sucked, then you red repped me for no reason and now you're saying I'm spamming purely because you don't like something? Hey, if others don't like it thats fine but thats not spamming or"stanning". You're just hating , don't like it? Ignore it its pretty simple.

You live in some fantasy world where only you are right and everyone who disagrees is wrong, grow the fuck up

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD View Post
stinger all the music youve posted recently sucks in my eyes, sorry man.
Thats fine , I'm not going to hate someone for not liking the same music not that you would or should care anyways
Stinger Fan is offline  
Old 02-14-2013, 08:29 PM   #3015 (permalink)
Humbled
 
LBGetBack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 4,682
LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger Fan View Post
Come off it. Thats exactly what you were trying to say and now you're back tracking because I proved you wrong,you tried to spin it because you look like a damn fool. The same lane? So you're saying I'm posting the same stuff yet you only see the stills? Makes sense. Like I said before Rugged Man and Apathy are the only white guys there. Besides, why does it matter to you if there's a white guy in it or not? You're trying to make something out of nothing becuase you have this ridiculous self righteous attitude when it comes to hiphop. IDK why but for some reason you're acting as if what you like is better honestly its subjective but it seems to you its not.

You're practically saying you're avoiding something I post because it has a "white guy" in it but honestly why does that even matter? Unlike you , I'm not calling you racist but really why should it matter what race someone is? I was raised better

IDC who you post but you don't see me bitching, like I said. I don't care for quite a bit of videos posted but you don't see me singling people out trying to say"why does this video gotta be only black guys in it?" or"pft no one cares they suck my music is better!!!" you don't see me doing that do you? No.

I'm "stanning"? Because why again? I post different artists, in fact several different guys but for some reason you're saying they're all the same are you trying to say"all white people are the same"? SInce you insist all I listen to are white people? See I can spin shit around too doesn't make me right about it.

Also,bringing up what BS? You were the one who started shit, you were the one who kept quoting me saying what I said sucked, then you red repped me for no reason and now you're saying I'm spamming purely because you don't like something? Hey, if others don't like it thats fine but thats not spamming or"stanning". You're just hating , don't like it? Ignore it its pretty simple.

You live in some fantasy world where only you are right and everyone who disagrees is wrong, grow the fuck up


Thats fine , I'm not going to hate someone for not liking the same music not that you would or should care anyways

First off, I'm sorry that you're so hurt by this. Really, I am. Gotdamn.

Second, ALL that shit is in the same lane! I typed it a little slower this time so maybe it will click. You're on some "it's 4 different artists!" or something......everything you post is in that same exact lane. One little sub-genre of hip hop that you ride for. And that's ALL you post about. I can only take so many Vinny Paz and RA The Rugged Man videos, before the red rep comes out. Still amazed that bothered you so much.

Third, hip hop is a heavily black genre, so I just find it a odd that every video you post features a white rapper. Like, there's barely any of them comparitively speaking. What % of rappers are white? And I don't mean local youtube rappers.....professional rappers. Less than 5%? But damn near 100% of the videos you post are white rappers. Just an obversation. I don't have a problem with any rappers because of their skin color.....I got a problem with fans who ride for rappers based on their skin color though....my opinion is you do that. That's the impression I get. LOL at you saying "I don't complain about you posting too many black rappers".....yeah, no shit. Because most rappers ARE black. Blacks started it, invented it, created it, and elevated it. Don't even try to go down that route with me. Whites are newcomers and outsiders to this shit. They are welcome, but just recognize and respect that shit and do the history on how this motherfucker got started.

And you have no point whatsoever with that "I don't criticize what you like".....I'm not like you. I don't only like one little sub-genre lane of hip hop. I like hip hip, period. You hate most of it, which is why you said ridiculous things and put your little heroes over legit hip hop legends. LOL. You try to attack what others like with those "y'all only like those who sell a million" BS, which couldn't be further from the truth.
LBGetBack is offline  
Old 02-15-2013, 08:36 AM   #3016 (permalink)
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
Stinger Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,239
Stinger Fan 1001 - 1500Stinger Fan 1001 - 1500Stinger Fan 1001 - 1500Stinger Fan 1001 - 1500Stinger Fan 1001 - 1500Stinger Fan 1001 - 1500Stinger Fan 1001 - 1500Stinger Fan 1001 - 1500Stinger Fan 1001 - 1500
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBGetBack View Post
First off, I'm sorry that you're so hurt by this. Really, I am. Gotdamn.

Second, ALL that shit is in the same lane! I typed it a little slower this time so maybe it will click. You're on some "it's 4 different artists!" or something......everything you post is in that same exact lane. One little sub-genre of hip hop that you ride for. And that's ALL you post about. I can only take so many Vinny Paz and RA The Rugged Man videos, before the red rep comes out. Still amazed that bothered you so much.

Third, hip hop is a heavily black genre, so I just find it a odd that every video you post features a white rapper. Like, there's barely any of them comparitively speaking. What % of rappers are white? And I don't mean local youtube rappers.....professional rappers. Less than 5%? But damn near 100% of the videos you post are white rappers. Just an obversation. I don't have a problem with any rappers because of their skin color.....I got a problem with fans who ride for rappers based on their skin color though....my opinion is you do that. That's the impression I get. LOL at you saying "I don't complain about you posting too many black rappers".....yeah, no shit. Because most rappers ARE black. Blacks started it, invented it, created it, and elevated it. Don't even try to go down that route with me. Whites are newcomers and outsiders to this shit. They are welcome, but just recognize and respect that shit and do the history on how this motherfucker got started.

And you have no point whatsoever with that "I don't criticize what you like".....I'm not like you. I don't only like one little sub-genre lane of hip hop. I like hip hip, period. You hate most of it, which is why you said ridiculous things and put your little heroes over legit hip hop legends. LOL. You try to attack what others like with those "y'all only like those who sell a million" BS, which couldn't be further from the truth.
You're too obssesed with me because of an argument we had 4 months ago. Get over it,move on lifes too short to be having Internet battles so own up to what you do.

Lord Lhus,R.A. The Rugged Man,Reks,Ruste Juxx,Sean Strange,Timbo King,Revolution of the Mind,Sabac Red,Ill Bill etc all have nothing to do with Army of the Pharaohs(Vinnie, Celph and or Apathy)or even the same sub genre seeing as "underground hiphop" isn't exactly a sub genre.You ignore it because it doesn't suit your arguments. I posted enough guys away from AOTP and yet you keep saying I don't but hey it doesn't support your argument so why do it? It wont get through your head so why should I even bother trying to argue? You dont even listen to them and yet you insist on saying they're all the same so why should I even consider your "unbiased" opinion?

So what if hiphop is a"heavy black genre"?Its 2013 grow up and get over it. The whole point of hiphop is that it reaches all races,relgiions etc and yet you're MAD because I'm posting rappers that aren't solely black? Get the out of here, you have issues you need to deal with if you can't get over it.

Like I said,Celph Titled(Cuban),Blacastan(black),Outerspace(Latino),Ill Bill(Jewish),Reef the Lost Cauze(black), Ruste Juxx(black).I shouldn't have to justify myself and if you think they're all white then you have issues seeing as all you can do is pick out white guys instead of listening to music. I'll leave you with this question"Why would a racist white person even listen to hiphop?"

I never once said my favorite rappers were better than "legends" seeing as Kanye West , or Lil Wayne's of the world aren't legends.But again, it doesn't suit your arguments so you'll lie about it. I love hiphop of all kinds like Wu Tang,DITC,MOP,Mobb Deep etc but just because I don't post their videos doesn't mean I hate them but you're too ignorant to see it. You claim you love hiphop yet instead of listening to the music you'll bash it because it has someone who's white in it? Weren't you the one who said Eminem isn't that good either? Yet you're trying to call me the racist

I'm done,I'm not going to respond to anything else you say, I'm ending it . I'll post whatever tracks I want because maybe someone will end up liking something I post. Don't like it?Thats fine but get over it , this isn't your forum, or thread and your music tastes aren't better than someone elses.
Stinger Fan is offline  
Old 02-15-2013, 11:14 AM   #3017 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Smif-N-Wessun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The 36 Chambers
Posts: 1,420
Smif-N-Wessun 1001 - 1500Smif-N-Wessun 1001 - 1500Smif-N-Wessun 1001 - 1500Smif-N-Wessun 1001 - 1500Smif-N-Wessun 1001 - 1500Smif-N-Wessun 1001 - 1500Smif-N-Wessun 1001 - 1500Smif-N-Wessun 1001 - 1500
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

To be fair, I think Stinger has some points. Ruste Juxx, Timbo King and Reef the Lost Cauze aren't very similar to R.A. or Vinnie Paz. Hell, Reef the Lost Cauze is one off my favorite MCs out there right now, the guy's talented. I don't think AOTP members, or guys with similar styles, are bad by default. As awful as I think Paz and Ruggedman are, I think Apathy and Celph are charismatic and musically-conscious enough to pull it off.

He lost me with that Kanye comment, though. He's a guaranteed future legend. The man's a game-changer.
__________________

^furious, projects self-image onto others^

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP
“Kevin Nash is right. Smaller guys don’t draw. I mean who would pay any money to watch itty bitty guys like Mayweather or Paquiao?"
Talent/charisma draws. Not size.
Smif-N-Wessun is offline  
Old 02-15-2013, 03:19 PM   #3018 (permalink)
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
Stinger Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,239
Stinger Fan 1001 - 1500Stinger Fan 1001 - 1500Stinger Fan 1001 - 1500Stinger Fan 1001 - 1500Stinger Fan 1001 - 1500Stinger Fan 1001 - 1500Stinger Fan 1001 - 1500Stinger Fan 1001 - 1500Stinger Fan 1001 - 1500
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smif-N-Wessun View Post
To be fair, I think Stinger has some points. Ruste Juxx, Timbo King and Reef the Lost Cauze aren't very similar to R.A. or Vinnie Paz. Hell, Reef the Lost Cauze is one off my favorite MCs out there right now, the guy's talented. I don't think AOTP members, or guys with similar styles, are bad by default. As awful as I think Paz and Ruggedman are, I think Apathy and Celph are charismatic and musically-conscious enough to pull it off.

He lost me with that Kanye comment, though. He's a guaranteed future legend. The man's a game-changer.
Fair enough, to each his own thats whats great about hiphop and music in general. We all have our favorites and our own opinions. BTW, you heard Reefs latest mixtape? I didn't like it , just didn't seem like Reef to me


Revolution of the Mind - Die for my People.

Such an incredible song,although I think I've posted it before so


Revolution of the Mind - They Must All featuring Reef the Lost Cauze
Stinger Fan is offline  
Old 02-15-2013, 09:36 PM   #3019 (permalink)
Humbled
 
LBGetBack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 4,682
LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger Fan View Post
You're too obssesed with me because of an argument we had 4 months ago. Get over it,move on lifes too short to be having Internet battles so own up to what you do.

Lord Lhus,R.A. The Rugged Man,Reks,Ruste Juxx,Sean Strange,Timbo King,Revolution of the Mind,Sabac Red,Ill Bill etc all have nothing to do with Army of the Pharaohs(Vinnie, Celph and or Apathy)or even the same sub genre seeing as "underground hiphop" isn't exactly a sub genre.You ignore it because it doesn't suit your arguments. I posted enough guys away from AOTP and yet you keep saying I don't but hey it doesn't support your argument so why do it? It wont get through your head so why should I even bother trying to argue? You dont even listen to them and yet you insist on saying they're all the same so why should I even consider your "unbiased" opinion?

So what if hiphop is a"heavy black genre"?Its 2013 grow up and get over it. The whole point of hiphop is that it reaches all races,relgiions etc and yet you're MAD because I'm posting rappers that aren't solely black? Get the out of here, you have issues you need to deal with if you can't get over it.

Like I said,Celph Titled(Cuban),Blacastan(black),Outerspace(Latino),Ill Bill(Jewish),Reef the Lost Cauze(black), Ruste Juxx(black).I shouldn't have to justify myself and if you think they're all white then you have issues seeing as all you can do is pick out white guys instead of listening to music. I'll leave you with this question"Why would a racist white person even listen to hiphop?"

I never once said my favorite rappers were better than "legends" seeing as Kanye West , or Lil Wayne's of the world aren't legends.But again, it doesn't suit your arguments so you'll lie about it. I love hiphop of all kinds like Wu Tang,DITC,MOP,Mobb Deep etc but just because I don't post their videos doesn't mean I hate them but you're too ignorant to see it. You claim you love hiphop yet instead of listening to the music you'll bash it because it has someone who's white in it? Weren't you the one who said Eminem isn't that good either? Yet you're trying to call me the racist

I'm done,I'm not going to respond to anything else you say, I'm ending it . I'll post whatever tracks I want because maybe someone will end up liking something I post. Don't like it?Thats fine but get over it , this isn't your forum, or thread and your music tastes aren't better than someone elses.

First, you get mad about me making assumptions....yet you make a ton of them yourself. You assume this is personal, it's not.

Second, we are gong in circle so I think you being done with it is a good idea.....if you really don't see the extremely narrow scope of hip hop that you stick to, that's your problem. But I see it. Fans like you ar more biased than anyone, but you truly don't see it that way. Oh well. You absolutely did downplay MANY legends, and I'm not talking about Kanye or Wayne(who I dont think was even on that poll).

I never said Eminem isn't a good rapper, I said most of his music sucks. It does. What, you like Em? I guess the whiteness( an apparant pre-req) overrides the millions of sales(that you hate)? LOL.

And you like Mobb Deep, MOP, etc. So black rappers on that "kill a n****" shit are cool, but those who rap about partying and money are just so despicable that they set you off? Yeah, because killing is so much cooler than making money and having fun.

You like Public Enemy? KRS One? Run DMC? LL Cool J? Big Daddy Kane? Rakim? Snoop and Dre? Tribe Called Quest? De La Soul? EPMD? Kanye? Little Brother? Big KRIT? Kendrick? Outkast?

As for this....
"So what if hiphop is a"heavy black genre"?Its 2013 grow up and get over it. The whole point of hiphop is that it reaches all races,relgiions etc and yet you're MAD because I'm posting rappers that aren't solely black? Get the out of here, you have issues you need to deal with if you can't get over it."

I abolutely feel some type of way about white people who look down on black rappers who don't fit into their little box of what they think hip hop is......meanwhile these types NEVER know the early history and don't care either. Like what you like, but know your role is all. You absolutely have talked down on many other rappers and their fans, so I don't know why you say you don't do that.

We aint gonna see eye to eye most likely.....and I make no promises on being "done". I'm not mad. It aint personal. And when I see posts I feel like replying to.....I do. That's it.

Last edited by LBGetBack : 02-16-2013 at 07:38 AM.
LBGetBack is offline  
Old 02-16-2013, 12:40 AM   #3020 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Juc City
Posts: 2,236
Sickburn 5501 - 6000Sickburn 5501 - 6000Sickburn 5501 - 6000Sickburn 5501 - 6000Sickburn 5501 - 6000Sickburn 5501 - 6000Sickburn 5501 - 6000Sickburn 5501 - 6000Sickburn 5501 - 6000Sickburn 5501 - 6000Sickburn 5501 - 6000
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Someone called you out on your bullshit LB and backed it up. You got schooled mate. Back to your cave.
Sickburn is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios