Hip Hop Discussion Thread - Page 262 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 05:15 PM   #2611 (permalink)
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
Ether's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: New York City
Posts: 5,041
Ether 3501 - 4000Ether 3501 - 4000Ether 3501 - 4000Ether 3501 - 4000Ether 3501 - 4000Ether 3501 - 4000Ether 3501 - 4000Ether 3501 - 4000Ether 3501 - 4000Ether 3501 - 4000Ether 3501 - 4000
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

You still haven't addressed Big Boi selling 30k week one without any hype whatsoever, what do you think 3000 would do? If Ross/Wayne/Drake wanted to appeal to the "hipsters", they'd call up Hopsin for a feature.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREDMI View Post
You're fucken damn right, you've rustled my jimmies & I assume everyone else's!!! I tell you what, I'll pay your airfare over to Melbourne, it will only be a one way ticket though, because I will KILL you, you child molesting fuckwit!!!
Ether is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 01-16-2013, 05:23 PM   #2612 (permalink)
Challenging SCOTT STEINER's authority
 
Combat Analyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,893
Combat Analyst 501 - 1000Combat Analyst 501 - 1000Combat Analyst 501 - 1000Combat Analyst 501 - 1000Combat Analyst 501 - 1000Combat Analyst 501 - 1000Combat Analyst 501 - 1000Combat Analyst 501 - 1000
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether View Post
You still haven't addressed Big Boi selling 30k week one without any hype whatsoever, what do you think 3000 would do? If Ross/Wayne/Drake wanted to appeal to the "hipsters", they'd call up Hopsin for a feature.
Hopsin would never do a feature with them.

30K really isn't a lot especially for someone who's been rapping since 94. Future sold more than that.
__________________
http://24.media.tumblr.com/c07d02b42a25747222354c0ff8a16a46/tumblr_mn2hipLFC11rgam01o1_r1_500.png


Black Is Beautiful



DrIllmatic
Combat Analyst is offline  
Old 01-16-2013, 05:25 PM   #2613 (permalink)
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
Ether's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: New York City
Posts: 5,041
Ether 3501 - 4000Ether 3501 - 4000Ether 3501 - 4000Ether 3501 - 4000Ether 3501 - 4000Ether 3501 - 4000Ether 3501 - 4000Ether 3501 - 4000Ether 3501 - 4000Ether 3501 - 4000Ether 3501 - 4000
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

What kind of a comparison is that? Future was a feature on Rihannas album and Turn On The Lights is/was a big hit. Big Boi released a grand total of 1 single, had no hype/promotion, and still did 30k.

And lol at Hopsin "never doing a feature with those guys", he did a song with B.O.B. He'd "sell out" in .1 seconds if Wayne called him and asked him to be on TC5 or something (like that would ever happen )
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREDMI View Post
You're fucken damn right, you've rustled my jimmies & I assume everyone else's!!! I tell you what, I'll pay your airfare over to Melbourne, it will only be a one way ticket though, because I will KILL you, you child molesting fuckwit!!!

Last edited by Ether : 01-16-2013 at 05:37 PM.
Ether is offline  
Old 01-16-2013, 05:27 PM   #2614 (permalink)
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: DMV
Posts: 5,013
#Mark 4001 - 4500#Mark 4001 - 4500#Mark 4001 - 4500#Mark 4001 - 4500#Mark 4001 - 4500#Mark 4001 - 4500#Mark 4001 - 4500#Mark 4001 - 4500#Mark 4001 - 4500#Mark 4001 - 4500#Mark 4001 - 4500
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

How does a song like Party appeal to hipsters?

3 stacks is far from irrelevant, hell the dude is a pretty successful actor now too.
#Mark is offline  
Old 01-16-2013, 05:55 PM   #2615 (permalink)
Holdin' it Dine for the South since 88
 
Notorious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Houston
Posts: 20,482
Notorious 9501 - 10000Notorious 9501 - 10000Notorious 9501 - 10000Notorious 9501 - 10000Notorious 9501 - 10000Notorious 9501 - 10000Notorious 9501 - 10000Notorious 9501 - 10000Notorious 9501 - 10000Notorious 9501 - 10000Notorious 9501 - 10000
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

If 3000 was so irrelevant, top artists like Beyonce, Wayne, Drake, Frank Ocean, Ross, Young Jeezy, etc. wouldn't call him up for features. Point blank period.

Like I said before, irrelevant is someone like Plies. 50 Cent. Fat Joe. Nelly. Big Boi. Shawty Lo. Ace Hood. T-Pain. Guys like that. 3K is still very relevant in the rap world.
__________________
Notorious is offline  
Old 01-16-2013, 05:57 PM   #2616 (permalink)
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: DMV
Posts: 5,013
#Mark 4001 - 4500#Mark 4001 - 4500#Mark 4001 - 4500#Mark 4001 - 4500#Mark 4001 - 4500#Mark 4001 - 4500#Mark 4001 - 4500#Mark 4001 - 4500#Mark 4001 - 4500#Mark 4001 - 4500#Mark 4001 - 4500
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Damn dude, I wouldn't consider 50 or even Big Boi irrelevant but that's just me.
#Mark is offline  
Old 01-16-2013, 05:58 PM   #2617 (permalink)
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
Ether's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: New York City
Posts: 5,041
Ether 3501 - 4000Ether 3501 - 4000Ether 3501 - 4000Ether 3501 - 4000Ether 3501 - 4000Ether 3501 - 4000Ether 3501 - 4000Ether 3501 - 4000Ether 3501 - 4000Ether 3501 - 4000Ether 3501 - 4000
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Why do you say 50 is irrelevant?

http://www.officialcharts.com/chart-...1-single-1820/

I can't believe it, but he did it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREDMI View Post
You're fucken damn right, you've rustled my jimmies & I assume everyone else's!!! I tell you what, I'll pay your airfare over to Melbourne, it will only be a one way ticket though, because I will KILL you, you child molesting fuckwit!!!
Ether is offline  
Old 01-16-2013, 06:15 PM   #2618 (permalink)
Old School
 
Makaveli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: With my auntie and uncle in Bel Air
Posts: 4,757
Makaveli 4001 - 4500Makaveli 4001 - 4500Makaveli 4001 - 4500Makaveli 4001 - 4500Makaveli 4001 - 4500Makaveli 4001 - 4500Makaveli 4001 - 4500Makaveli 4001 - 4500Makaveli 4001 - 4500Makaveli 4001 - 4500Makaveli 4001 - 4500
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
If 3000 was so irrelevant, top artists like Beyonce, Wayne, Drake, Frank Ocean, Ross, Young Jeezy, etc. wouldn't call him up for features. Point blank period.

Like I said before, irrelevant is someone like Plies. 50 Cent. Fat Joe. Nelly. Big Boi. Shawty Lo. Ace Hood. T-Pain. Guys like that. 3K is still very relevant in the rap world.
Exactly right. Though I disagree with 50 being irrelevant.

CA, your opinion is being seriously devalued right now. Not just because of your claim of 3K being irrelevant, but mainly due to the arguments you use to support it. You completely created bullshit reasons as to why he's being featured like he is. Claiming guys like Ross or Wayne want to prove they can make "non-radio music" doesn't make sense at all, like at all. How does featuring an artist who's BETTER THAN YOU make you seem like a better rapper? I would think it'd do the exact opposite seeing as how they'd outdo you on your own track especially in the case of Ross/3K on Sixteen Candles where Dre murked that track.
__________________
Makaveli is offline  
Old 01-16-2013, 07:09 PM   #2619 (permalink)
Holdin' it Dine for the South since 88
 
Notorious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Houston
Posts: 20,482
Notorious 9501 - 10000Notorious 9501 - 10000Notorious 9501 - 10000Notorious 9501 - 10000Notorious 9501 - 10000Notorious 9501 - 10000Notorious 9501 - 10000Notorious 9501 - 10000Notorious 9501 - 10000Notorious 9501 - 10000Notorious 9501 - 10000
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Ok I'll take back 50.

Sorry, but Big Boi is irrelevant. He sold 30k in the first week on his last album. I love the guy's music, he's talented but I won't be a blind fan.
__________________
Notorious is offline  
Old 01-16-2013, 07:14 PM   #2620 (permalink)
Humbled
 
LBGetBack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 4,682
LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combat Analyst View Post
Yes, dope rapper, but that doesn't change the fact he's irrelevant. Being featured with hot artists doesn't make you relevant. They're just appealing to the hipsters
LOL, just stop fam. You previously said that Kendrick wouldn't sell shit and thought nobody knew who he was and all that. I don't think you've got a real good feel for stuff like that yet.

Dre would definitely sell well if he dropped a solo.
LBGetBack is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios