Hip Hop Discussion Thread - Page 261 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 04:12 PM   #2601 (permalink)
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
Ether's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: New York City
Posts: 5,041
Ether probably won't be missedEther probably won't be missedEther probably won't be missedEther probably won't be missedEther probably won't be missedEther probably won't be missedEther probably won't be missedEther probably won't be missedEther probably won't be missedEther probably won't be missedEther probably won't be missed
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

They would have put Big Boi on their songs if 3 Stacks wasn't such a little bitch, all he's been doing lately is shunning Big Boi and making excuses. Big Boi was on both the Pink Matter and Sorry remixes, does that tell you something? T.I & Frank Ocean wanted Big Boi along with 3000 on the song, but 3000 just keeps going with his shady answers "Oh, I don't want an Outkast reunion on someone elses album"
"When are you guys dropping some new material"
"Uh..."

http://www.billboard.com/column/the-...08091772.story

Guy is just an annoyance at this point, drops a verse or so every 4 months and wants people to be happy. Are they hot verses? Yeah, but you could just say "I'm done with Outkast and I'm never dropping a solo album" instead of all of these shady answers. 3000 is not irrelevant though, far from

Big Bois solo just did I think 33k week one, and there was absolutely no hype behind that. A 3000 solo album would hit at least 100k
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREDMI View Post
You're fucken damn right, you've rustled my jimmies & I assume everyone else's!!! I tell you what, I'll pay your airfare over to Melbourne, it will only be a one way ticket though, because I will KILL you, you child molesting fuckwit!!!

Last edited by Ether : 01-16-2013 at 04:16 PM.
Ether is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 01-16-2013, 04:15 PM   #2602 (permalink)
P.O.P., hold it down
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Houston
Posts: 21,310
Notorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselves
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

That's two songs, in the last 2 years or so Dre has been plenty of featured songs by himself.

Party with Beyonce
The Real Her with Drake and Wayne
I Do with Jeezy and Jay-Z
Sixteen with Rick Ross
Interlude with Wayne and Tech N9ne

That's off the top of my head, there's some others that I can't remember. Not saying Dre isn't shunning Big Boi but I doubt it's happened that many times.
__________________
Notorious is online now  
Old 01-16-2013, 04:18 PM   #2603 (permalink)
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
Ether's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: New York City
Posts: 5,041
Ether probably won't be missedEther probably won't be missedEther probably won't be missedEther probably won't be missedEther probably won't be missedEther probably won't be missedEther probably won't be missedEther probably won't be missedEther probably won't be missedEther probably won't be missedEther probably won't be missed
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

I'm not saying that 3000 keeps Big Boi off every song he does, I'm saying that he just gives shady answers whenever Outkast get's brought up. He doesn't want a "reunion" on someone elses album, when did they break up? I'd really like to know what's going on between those 2, what's with all of these legendary duos breaking up? Mobb Deep is the latest example. I really don't get it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREDMI View Post
You're fucken damn right, you've rustled my jimmies & I assume everyone else's!!! I tell you what, I'll pay your airfare over to Melbourne, it will only be a one way ticket though, because I will KILL you, you child molesting fuckwit!!!
Ether is offline  
Old 01-16-2013, 04:18 PM   #2604 (permalink)
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
Combat Analyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5,015
Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
These young kids, man.

Bad enough in the last thread they were all saying Nas was irrelevant. Andre 3000 is not irrelevant, Outkast is still relevant and Andre 3000 is still relevant. The only one who's irrelevant right now is Big Boi.

Why do you think those big artists like Wayne, Drake, Ross, Jeezy & Frank Ocean want Andre on their songs? If he's so irrelevant, why would the most relevant artists want him on their songs? I don't see them putting Big Boi on their songs. And I doubt Andre is calling them to be featured on the songs.
The only reason artists like Wayne, Drake, Ross, Jeezy, & Frank Ocean put 3000 on their songs is just to make it seem like they're capable of putting out non radio music. Ross does the same thing with Nas. They just use a legendary rapper to make them seem as if they're a better rapper then what they really are.

The artists he feature with are relevant, he isn't.
__________________
http://24.media.tumblr.com/c07d02b42a25747222354c0ff8a16a46/tumblr_mn2hipLFC11rgam01o1_r1_500.png


Black Is Beautiful


Spoiler for DrIllmatic:
Combat Analyst is offline  
Old 01-16-2013, 04:20 PM   #2605 (permalink)
Special Attraction at Wrestlemania
 
Choke2Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 21,522
Choke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREW
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

That reminds me of Guru. He had the same attitude regarding Gang Starr in his final few years.
__________________
Choke2Death is online now  
Old 01-16-2013, 04:21 PM   #2606 (permalink)
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
Ether's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: New York City
Posts: 5,041
Ether probably won't be missedEther probably won't be missedEther probably won't be missedEther probably won't be missedEther probably won't be missedEther probably won't be missedEther probably won't be missedEther probably won't be missedEther probably won't be missedEther probably won't be missedEther probably won't be missed
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

I don't get how you can call 3000 irrelevant when Vicious Lies and Dangerous Rumors just did 30k week one. And at this point, 3000 is far ahead of Big Boi in musical relevancy. His solo would hit at least 100k.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREDMI View Post
You're fucken damn right, you've rustled my jimmies & I assume everyone else's!!! I tell you what, I'll pay your airfare over to Melbourne, it will only be a one way ticket though, because I will KILL you, you child molesting fuckwit!!!
Ether is offline  
Old 01-16-2013, 04:26 PM   #2607 (permalink)
P.O.P., hold it down
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Houston
Posts: 21,310
Notorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselvesNotorious is making a name for themselves
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

If Dre did an album, his album would sell at least as much as Life is Good did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combat Analyst View Post
The only reason artists like Wayne, Drake, Ross, Jeezy, & Frank Ocean put 3000 on their songs is just to make it seem like they're capable of putting out non radio music. Ross does the same thing with Nas. They just use a legendary rapper to make them seem as if they're a better rapper then what they really are.

The artists he feature with are relevant, he isn't.
lolwut?

Do you even know what you're talking about or are you just spewing bullshit? That makes no sense. The only reason they put 3000 on the songs is "to show they're capable of making non-radio music"...you can't honestly believe this stuff?

Or maybe Ross put Nas on his album because Nas is a dope ass rapper. If 3000 was as irrelevant as you say he is, those artists wouldn't call him asking him to get on their tracks. Point blank period. You don't see them asking for Big Boi or 50 Cent or Fat Joe or Nelly or even though he's one of my favorites ever, Scarface. Those guys are all examples of irrelevancy. 3K is relevant. Very relevant at that.
__________________
Notorious is online now  
Old 01-16-2013, 04:28 PM   #2608 (permalink)
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
Ether's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: New York City
Posts: 5,041
Ether probably won't be missedEther probably won't be missedEther probably won't be missedEther probably won't be missedEther probably won't be missedEther probably won't be missedEther probably won't be missedEther probably won't be missedEther probably won't be missedEther probably won't be missedEther probably won't be missed
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Nobody calls 50 Cent because he's burned so many bridges, he's far from irrelevant. I just posted an article here that "My Life" is going to be #1 in the UK very soon, his first #1 there.

And Ross/Nas is a bad example to use, they've been collabing since 2009, 2006 if you count the One Blood remix.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREDMI View Post
You're fucken damn right, you've rustled my jimmies & I assume everyone else's!!! I tell you what, I'll pay your airfare over to Melbourne, it will only be a one way ticket though, because I will KILL you, you child molesting fuckwit!!!
Ether is offline  
Old 01-16-2013, 04:39 PM   #2609 (permalink)
Been there, done that, and got the T-shirt, son, and you're just doing reruns.
 
xoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 10,865
xoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselves
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger_ROCKS View Post
Maybe who he associates himself with maybe? Look how long Ross has been going. Like 7 years now, right?
I think people fail to realize Ross has been going 10 plus years, Slip N Slide just kept him on the backburner.

Sent from my SPH-M830 using VerticalSports.Com App
xoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is offline  
Old 01-16-2013, 05:12 PM   #2610 (permalink)
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
Combat Analyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5,015
Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst Combat Analyst
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
If Dre did an album, his album would sell at least as much as Life is Good did.



lolwut?

Do you even know what you're talking about or are you just spewing bullshit? That makes no sense. The only reason they put 3000 on the songs is "to show they're capable of making non-radio music"...you can't honestly believe this stuff?

Or maybe Ross put Nas on his album because Nas is a dope ass rapper. If 3000 was as irrelevant as you say he is, those artists wouldn't call him asking him to get on their tracks. Point blank period. You don't see them asking for Big Boi or 50 Cent or Fat Joe or Nelly or even though he's one of my favorites ever, Scarface. Those guys are all examples of irrelevancy. 3K is relevant. Very relevant at that.
Yes, dope rapper, but that doesn't change the fact he's irrelevant. Being featured with hot artists doesn't make you relevant. They're just appealing to the hipsters
__________________
http://24.media.tumblr.com/c07d02b42a25747222354c0ff8a16a46/tumblr_mn2hipLFC11rgam01o1_r1_500.png


Black Is Beautiful


Spoiler for DrIllmatic:
Combat Analyst is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios