Hip Hop Discussion Thread - Page 228 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #2271 of 6402 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012, 05:47 PM
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
Combat Analyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5,041
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                 
Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Been getting into Scarface on Pandora. Guy just a humble rapper. Doesn't brag about being from the streets, just tells it like it is. Actually preffered and felt his verse on Hip-Hop was better than Nas on Hip-Hop and Nas is one of my favorite rappers.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/c07d02b42a25747222354c0ff8a16a46/tumblr_mn2hipLFC11rgam01o1_r1_500.png


Black Is Beautiful


Spoiler for DrIllmatic:
Combat Analyst is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2272 of 6402 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012, 06:21 PM
Humbled
 
LBGetBack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 4,682
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combat Analyst View Post
Been getting into Scarface on Pandora. Guy just a humble rapper. Doesn't brag about being from the streets, just tells it like it is. Actually preffered and felt his verse on Hip-Hop was better than Nas on Hip-Hop and Nas is one of my favorite rappers.
Good choice, Face has maybe the best catalogue in terms of number of good albums. He doesn't really have a bad one, IMO.
LBGetBack is offline  
post #2273 of 6402 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012, 08:20 PM
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
Combat Analyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5,041
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                 
Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBGetBack View Post
Good choice, Face has maybe the best catalogue in terms of number of good albums. He doesn't really have a bad one, IMO.
Yeah kind of just stumbled upon him. I guess Pandora when you put in an artist radio also add in associated artists so I did 2Pac radio and sometimes Scarface songs play.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/c07d02b42a25747222354c0ff8a16a46/tumblr_mn2hipLFC11rgam01o1_r1_500.png


Black Is Beautiful


Spoiler for DrIllmatic:
Combat Analyst is offline  
post #2274 of 6402 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012, 08:34 PM
Humbled
 
LBGetBack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 4,682
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combat Analyst View Post
Yeah kind of just stumbled upon him. I guess Pandora when you put in an artist radio also add in associated artists so I did 2Pac radio and sometimes Scarface songs play.
Yeah, Face and Pac definitely had some similarities. I've got all of Scarface's solo albums(that were official releases),and was not disappointed in any of them. All of them fall in the pretty good - great range, in my opinion.
LBGetBack is offline  
post #2275 of 6402 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012, 08:48 PM
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
Combat Analyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5,041
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                 
Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBGetBack View Post
Yeah, Face and Pac definitely had some similarities. I've got all of Scarface's solo albums(that were official releases),and was not disappointed in any of them. All of them fall in the pretty good - great range, in my opinion.
Good rapper indeed

Speacking of Pac there's people out there that argue him vs. The Beatles, How do you feel on that?

http://24.media.tumblr.com/c07d02b42a25747222354c0ff8a16a46/tumblr_mn2hipLFC11rgam01o1_r1_500.png


Black Is Beautiful


Spoiler for DrIllmatic:
Combat Analyst is offline  
post #2276 of 6402 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012, 08:49 PM
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
Stinger Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,177
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
                     
Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread


New track by Chris Rivers aka Baby Pun
Stinger Fan is offline  
post #2277 of 6402 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012, 09:09 PM
Humbled
 
LBGetBack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 4,682
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combat Analyst View Post
Good rapper indeed

Speacking of Pac there's people out there that argue him vs. The Beatles, How do you feel on that?
Ha, I don't even know from what angle to approach that one but I'll try.

I'd rather listen to Pac. I grew up listening to him, but that's not all of it. There's lots of older acts that I'd listen to before Pac. The Beatles just aren't one of them. I respect them, but don't feel them. Their music is more foreign to me, like something I listened to when I was much older just to see what the hype was about rather than something I grew up with and loved.

That said, Pac's music is not even close to being on the status of the Beatles from a worldwide impact standpoint. He might be just as famous now, but his music really didn't reach as wide of a scope. Only Pac songs I EVER heard on Pop radio were California Love and Changes(and that came out a few years after he died). Hip hop's audience was more segmented back then. You were either a rap fan or not, and some rap songs crossed over. Everyone knew who Pac was, but not everyone heard his songs 24/7, just the rap fans did. It's not like now where rap music basically IS pop music, or pop music is often some corny d-bags rapping badly, and every music listener hears the big songs from the big rappers whether they want to or not.

If we're placing a hip hop act's music on the level of the Beatles, Pac's isn't it. Personally, I feel like part of the tragedy of his death was that he HADN'T reached his peak as a rapper or entertainer. He had a lot more to offer if he would've made it through his young and dumb and crazy years. His musical catalogue is beaten out by quite a few rappers based on quality and impact(at the time, not counting posthumous).
LBGetBack is offline  
post #2278 of 6402 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012, 09:13 PM
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
Combat Analyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5,041
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                 
Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBGetBack View Post
Ha, I don't even know from what angle to approach that one but I'll try.

I'd rather listen to Pac. I grew up listening to him, but that's not all of it. There's lots of older acts that I'd listen to before Pac. The Beatles just aren't one of them. I respect them, but don't feel them. Their music is more foreign to me, like something I listened to when I was much older just to see what the hype was about rather than something I grew up with and loved.

That said, Pac's music is not even close to being on the status of the Beatles from a worldwide impact standpoint. He might be just as famous now, but his music really didn't reach as wide of a scope. Only Pac songs I EVER heard on Pop radio were California Love and Changes(and that came out a few years after he died). Hip hop's audience was more segmented back then. You were either a rap fan or not, and some rap songs crossed over. Everyone knew who Pac was, but not everyone heard his songs 24/7, just the rap fans did. It's not like now where rap music basically IS pop music, or pop music is often some corny d-bags rapping badly, and every music listener hears the big songs from the big rappers whether they want to or not.

If we're placing a hip hop act's music on the level of the Beatles, Pac's isn't it. Personally, I feel like part of the tragedy of his death was that he HADN'T reached his peak as a rapper or entertainer. He had a lot more to offer if he would've made it through his young and dumb and crazy years. His musical catalogue is beaten out by quite a few rappers based on quality and impact(at the time, not counting posthumous).
But isn't Pac known internationally?

http://24.media.tumblr.com/c07d02b42a25747222354c0ff8a16a46/tumblr_mn2hipLFC11rgam01o1_r1_500.png


Black Is Beautiful


Spoiler for DrIllmatic:
Combat Analyst is offline  
post #2279 of 6402 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012, 09:16 PM
Humbled
 
LBGetBack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 4,682
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combat Analyst View Post
But isn't Pac known internationally?
HE is. I don't think his music is as known or as respected as the Beatles on as wide of a scale though.
LBGetBack is offline  
post #2280 of 6402 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012, 09:22 PM
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
Combat Analyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5,041
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                 
Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBGetBack View Post
HE is. I don't think his music is as known or as respected as the Beatles on as wide of a scale though.
In other countries they might see him as an icon but I'm sure to America, he was just another gangsta rapper. Granted that's both due to A. Stereotypes and B. The latter part of Pac's career (East/West, his 2nd persona,etc)

http://24.media.tumblr.com/c07d02b42a25747222354c0ff8a16a46/tumblr_mn2hipLFC11rgam01o1_r1_500.png


Black Is Beautiful


Spoiler for DrIllmatic:
Combat Analyst is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome