Hip Hop Discussion Thread - Page 218 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #2171 of 6402 (permalink) Old 12-20-2012, 09:17 PM
Humbled
 
LBGetBack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 4,682
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

I don't like rappers from NY who talk and rap like they're from the south.
LBGetBack is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2172 of 6402 (permalink) Old 12-20-2012, 09:20 PM
MCMXCII
 
A$AP'S CANADIAN CHRI$TMAS CAROL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,628
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
                     
Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Rocky isn't nearly as lyrical but he isn't trying to be. You just gotta take his music for what it is.

Nobodies touching K.Dot right now though. I'm not even a big fan of his style but you gotta respect it.


Quote:
[12-22, 00:17] XABI ALONSO'S WINNING CHRISTMAS SMILE
no one wants to talk about your dad getting his nipples sucked you freak


A$AP'S CANADIAN CHRI$TMAS CAROL is offline  
post #2173 of 6402 (permalink) Old 12-20-2012, 09:23 PM
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Smif-N-Wessun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The 36 Chambers
Posts: 1,420
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
               
Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBGetBack View Post
I don't like rappers from NY who talk and rap like they're from the south.
Why's that? It's just how the guy talks. What makes him different than Jay Elec, who's from the south but talks and raps like he's from NY?

Quote:
Originally Posted by A$AP View Post
Rocky isn't nearly as lyrical but he isn't trying to be. You just gotta take his music for what it is.

Nobodies touching K.Dot right now though. I'm not even a big fan of his style but you gotta respect it.
tbh, I enjoy Long Live A$AP waaaaaaay more than GKMC or Section.80. While he's not as lyrical as Kendrick, I consider A$AP to be the superior artist.


^furious, projects self-image onto others^

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP
“Kevin Nash is right. Smaller guys don’t draw. I mean who would pay any money to watch itty bitty guys like Mayweather or Paquiao?"
Talent/charisma draws. Not size.
Smif-N-Wessun is offline  
post #2174 of 6402 (permalink) Old 12-20-2012, 09:25 PM
MCMXCII
 
A$AP'S CANADIAN CHRI$TMAS CAROL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,628
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
                     
Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

I'm liking how the newer generation is reaching out to eachother though. Alot of dope artists appearing on eachothers albums.

You didn't see that nearly as much even in the 90's. And when they did it was like 2 months until shit hit the fan between whoever was involved.


Quote:
[12-22, 00:17] XABI ALONSO'S WINNING CHRISTMAS SMILE
no one wants to talk about your dad getting his nipples sucked you freak


A$AP'S CANADIAN CHRI$TMAS CAROL is offline  
post #2175 of 6402 (permalink) Old 12-20-2012, 09:43 PM
Humbled
 
LBGetBack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 4,682
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smif-N-Wessun View Post
Why's that? It's just how the guy talks. What makes him different than Jay Elec, who's from the south but talks and raps like he's from NY?



tbh, I enjoy Long Live A$AP waaaaaaay more than GKMC or Section.80. While he's not as lyrical as Kendrick, I consider A$AP to be the superior artist.

Because that's some real wannabe shit. NY cat with a grill, talking about sippin lean, in a southern drawl? The fuck?
LBGetBack is offline  
post #2176 of 6402 (permalink) Old 12-20-2012, 09:53 PM
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
Combat Analyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5,041
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                 
Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by A$AP View Post
Rocky isn't nearly as lyrical but he isn't trying to be. You just gotta take his music for what it is.

Nobodies touching K.Dot right now though. I'm not even a big fan of his style but you gotta respect it.
Rocky cares more about his flow than his lyricism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A$AP View Post
I'm liking how the newer generation is reaching out to eachother though. Alot of dope artists appearing on eachothers albums.

You didn't see that nearly as much even in the 90's. And when they did it was like 2 months until shit hit the fan between whoever was involved.
Agreed, It's like the new gen isn't even trying to compete with each other. Just fellow artists trying to help fellow artists make it.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/c07d02b42a25747222354c0ff8a16a46/tumblr_mn2hipLFC11rgam01o1_r1_500.png


Black Is Beautiful


Spoiler for DrIllmatic:
Combat Analyst is offline  
post #2177 of 6402 (permalink) Old 12-20-2012, 09:53 PM
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Smif-N-Wessun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The 36 Chambers
Posts: 1,420
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
               
Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBGetBack View Post
Because that's some real wannabe shit. NY cat with a grill, talking about sippin lean, in a southern drawl? The fuck?
Or maybe that's just how he talks and what he's into... I mean, dude worships Dipset. I doubt he acts like that cuz he wants to be southern, considering Cam'ron is his hero.


^furious, projects self-image onto others^

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP
“Kevin Nash is right. Smaller guys don’t draw. I mean who would pay any money to watch itty bitty guys like Mayweather or Paquiao?"
Talent/charisma draws. Not size.
Smif-N-Wessun is offline  
post #2178 of 6402 (permalink) Old 12-20-2012, 10:03 PM
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
Combat Analyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5,041
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                 
Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Forget All City Chess Club (Don't get me wrong, I love Cole, Lupe, Wale, etc). but the artists on 1 train, Rocky, Joey, Lamar, Yela, Danny, Bronson & KRIT mesh so well yet have a contrast of styles. If they had an album, I would go crazy

http://24.media.tumblr.com/c07d02b42a25747222354c0ff8a16a46/tumblr_mn2hipLFC11rgam01o1_r1_500.png


Black Is Beautiful


Spoiler for DrIllmatic:
Combat Analyst is offline  
post #2179 of 6402 (permalink) Old 12-20-2012, 11:44 PM
Vince gives me a comedy gimmick
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: DMV
Posts: 6,072
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
                     
Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Man poor ASAP tho.. Drops a dope ass album but it leaks almost one month before the release. I don't think it's gonna sell as well as it should have.
#Mark is offline  
post #2180 of 6402 (permalink) Old 12-21-2012, 12:25 AM
Old School
 
Olympus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: With my auntie and uncle in Bel Air
Posts: 4,783
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Mark View Post
Man poor ASAP tho.. Drops a dope ass album but it leaks almost one month before the release. I don't think it's gonna sell as well as it should have.
I'll be picking it up. Haven't heard it yet and don't plan to until it's release.

Olympus is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome