Hip Hop Discussion Thread - Page 113 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 03:16 PM   #1121 (permalink)
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
Ether's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: New York City
Posts: 5,041
Ether 3501 - 4000Ether 3501 - 4000Ether 3501 - 4000Ether 3501 - 4000Ether 3501 - 4000Ether 3501 - 4000Ether 3501 - 4000Ether 3501 - 4000Ether 3501 - 4000Ether 3501 - 4000Ether 3501 - 4000
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by A$AP View Post
I wanted a higher number for Kendrick. It bugs me that Ross did 218k.
MMG is pretty much a failure

218k isn't a good number for the "hottest rapper in the game" and the boss. Imagine if Jay-Z did that number, would be sad. Don't see Dreams & Nightmares doing any more than 150k. If they released it right after Ima Boss and Tupac Back, maybe

And yeah, Wale sucks now. Ambition was a joke album besides the title track (Probably Rozay's best verse ever)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREDMI View Post
You're fucken damn right, you've rustled my jimmies & I assume everyone else's!!! I tell you what, I'll pay your airfare over to Melbourne, it will only be a one way ticket though, because I will KILL you, you child molesting fuckwit!!!
Ether is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 10-24-2012, 03:23 PM   #1122 (permalink)
HE'S FAT
 
Rocky Mark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 7,640
Rocky Mark 4001 - 4500Rocky Mark 4001 - 4500Rocky Mark 4001 - 4500Rocky Mark 4001 - 4500Rocky Mark 4001 - 4500Rocky Mark 4001 - 4500Rocky Mark 4001 - 4500Rocky Mark 4001 - 4500Rocky Mark 4001 - 4500Rocky Mark 4001 - 4500Rocky Mark 4001 - 4500
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

"Halle Berry .. or Hallelujah"

talk about a line hat stucks in your head
__________________
Rocky Mark is offline  
Old 10-24-2012, 03:26 PM   #1123 (permalink)
Humbled
 
LBGetBack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 4,682
LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Mark View Post
"Halle Berry .. or Hallelujah"

talk about a line hat stucks in your head

No doubt. One of several moments of the album that reminded me a bit of Outkast, particularly Dre. Could see him singing that.
LBGetBack is offline  
Old 10-24-2012, 04:16 PM   #1124 (permalink)
Challenging SCOTT STEINER's authority
 
Combat Analyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,972
Combat Analyst 501 - 1000Combat Analyst 501 - 1000Combat Analyst 501 - 1000Combat Analyst 501 - 1000Combat Analyst 501 - 1000Combat Analyst 501 - 1000Combat Analyst 501 - 1000Combat Analyst 501 - 1000
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether View Post
MMG is pretty much a failure

218k isn't a good number for the "hottest rapper in the game" and the boss. Imagine if Jay-Z did that number, would be sad. Don't see Dreams & Nightmares doing any more than 150k. If they released it right after Ima Boss and Tupac Back, maybe

And yeah, Wale sucks now. Ambition was a joke album besides the title track (Probably Rozay's best verse ever)
MMG aren't working to Wale's strengths, Wale at his best potential can outshine everyone on the label, maybe even Stalley, but he's dumbing himself down. I still think he's a dope artist, and is putting out good music. (I enjoyed Ambition).
__________________
http://24.media.tumblr.com/c07d02b42a25747222354c0ff8a16a46/tumblr_mn2hipLFC11rgam01o1_r1_500.png


Black Is Beautiful


Spoiler for DrIllmatic:
Combat Analyst is offline  
Old 10-24-2012, 06:58 PM   #1125 (permalink)
MCMXCII
 
A$AP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Offside (With your bitch)
Posts: 4,140
A$AP 15001 - 15500A$AP 15001 - 15500A$AP 15001 - 15500A$AP 15001 - 15500A$AP 15001 - 15500A$AP 15001 - 15500A$AP 15001 - 15500A$AP 15001 - 15500A$AP 15001 - 15500A$AP 15001 - 15500A$AP 15001 - 15500
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread



Quote:
http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/i...-city-is-trash

Shyne Explains Why He Thinks Kendrick Lamar's "good kid, m.A.A.d city" Is "Trash"

Last night, Shyne took to Twitter to state that he thought Kendrick Lamar has talent but that good kid, m.A.A.d city is "trash." Clarifying his standpoint during an interview with the Cipha Sounds & Rosenberg show, the former Bad Boy rapper explained that he feels K. Dot was fed into the hype machine but that he failed to deliver on his promise.

"I ain't starting no trouble. Listen, y'all live in the United States of America. We don't live in the United States of Aftermath, Jimmy Iovine doesn't pay me, I can say whatever I want," said Shyne. "I'm not talking reckless. I said the young boy got potential and I said he was talented, but the album is trash. That's tough love.

"What I said wasn't not nice, I didn't attack him as an individual, I didn't say anything disrespectful," he continued. "It's trash! I don't really listen to these rappers, but I heard him on a few joints and I was like, shorty's nice. ... So when he was coming out with an album, I was like, I'ma hear more of that."

Po went on to explain that he wasn't feeling the production on the project, and that he'd rather hear a spoken word album if that's the route he wanted to take. "Beats is trash, number one. And once your beats are trash, you're finished because you can't handle a good flow. I don't really want to hear what you gotta say. I'll go buy Dr. Cornel West's album if I want to hear someone talk."

He said that he felt a responsibility to be honest about his opinion because he didn't want Kendrick to drink his own Kool-Aid. "I feel bad for him because everybody's gassing him right now, everyone's on him. He on fire because of that Interscope machine, he's on fire because of that Dr. Dre machine. He's nice, but that's a lot of hype. All I'm saying is, to show y'all I'm not a hater, 50 [Cent] delivered. I never had nothing positive to say about him, but he delivered. He lived up to the hype."
__________________


A$AP is offline  
Old 10-24-2012, 07:20 PM   #1126 (permalink)
Humbled
 
LBGetBack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 4,682
LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by A$AP View Post





LOL. I disagree 100%, but I guess I respect it. I mean, does Shyne seem like the type of cat who would like this album? He doesn't seem like the kind of cat who would "get it". At least he explains himself and sticks to his guns.
LBGetBack is offline  
Old 10-24-2012, 07:22 PM   #1127 (permalink)
Holdin' it Dine for the South since 88
 
Notorious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Houston
Posts: 20,935
Notorious 10501 - 11000Notorious 10501 - 11000Notorious 10501 - 11000Notorious 10501 - 11000Notorious 10501 - 11000Notorious 10501 - 11000Notorious 10501 - 11000Notorious 10501 - 11000Notorious 10501 - 11000Notorious 10501 - 11000Notorious 10501 - 11000
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

I don't get why some people are getting all upset at Shyne. It's his opinion. There's some people out there that think Illmatic or Ridin' Dirty are trash, that's fine, that's their opinion, I'm not gonna upset about it. If someone said it here, I might debate about it a bit just for shits and giggles, but I don't really care.
__________________
Notorious is online now  
Old 10-24-2012, 07:24 PM   #1128 (permalink)
MCMXCII
 
A$AP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Offside (With your bitch)
Posts: 4,140
A$AP 15001 - 15500A$AP 15001 - 15500A$AP 15001 - 15500A$AP 15001 - 15500A$AP 15001 - 15500A$AP 15001 - 15500A$AP 15001 - 15500A$AP 15001 - 15500A$AP 15001 - 15500A$AP 15001 - 15500A$AP 15001 - 15500
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

I kind of respect him for the wackjob that he is right now based solely on the fact that he's sticking to his beliefs no matter how much ridicule goes his way. You can tell he actually believes in everything he says.

Ma$e goes to become a priest, gets made fun of then is back to "Murda Mase" 3 years later. And although that voice is fucking horrible he's still got bars.

__________________


A$AP is offline  
Old 10-24-2012, 07:24 PM   #1129 (permalink)
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
Ether's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: New York City
Posts: 5,041
Ether 3501 - 4000Ether 3501 - 4000Ether 3501 - 4000Ether 3501 - 4000Ether 3501 - 4000Ether 3501 - 4000Ether 3501 - 4000Ether 3501 - 4000Ether 3501 - 4000Ether 3501 - 4000Ether 3501 - 4000
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Shyne is an irrelevant bum who will namedrop anyone to get attention again. How many times has he namedropped Diddy in the past few months? 250? He got raped in prison multiple times, his voice changed, and his career is over. Feel bad Diddy fucked him over, but that's Diddy
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREDMI View Post
You're fucken damn right, you've rustled my jimmies & I assume everyone else's!!! I tell you what, I'll pay your airfare over to Melbourne, it will only be a one way ticket though, because I will KILL you, you child molesting fuckwit!!!
Ether is offline  
Old 10-24-2012, 07:30 PM   #1130 (permalink)
Humbled
 
LBGetBack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 4,682
LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000LBGetBack 3501 - 4000
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether View Post
Shyne is an irrelevant bum who will namedrop anyone to get attention again. How many times has he namedropped Diddy in the past few months? 250? He got raped in prison multiple times, his voice changed, and his career is over. Feel bad Diddy fucked him over, but that's Diddy
He's got a right to go at Puff though.
LBGetBack is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios