Why do so many people hate Justin Bieber? - Page 2 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 08-28-2012, 11:04 PM   #11 (permalink)
Meltzer said I'm a good worker
 
kobra860's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 8,942
kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000
Default Re: Why do so many people hate Justin Bieber?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouble Trouble View Post
Well, I don't listen to much pop really, and spend most of my time listening to Gucci Mane, Alley Boy or MMG.

But, 2 of his songs that caught my ear were the one with Chris Brown and the 1 with Big Sean. Now, it seems like the kid has really stepped his music game up but 1 thing I never understood is how people try to downplay his talent because of how he looks or his age.

Sure, nobody knew Chris Brown would turn out the way he did. He was touted as being the next Michael Jackson before his first album came out, did good but nearly ruined his career by beating his girlfriend, using homophobic slurs, having an obvious drug problem and yet he still gets less hate than Bieber, despite making the same type of music.

I'm not saying I'm a Bieber fan but I respect the kid. He's got talent but for some reason, I have a feeling he's going to be headed down the Chris Brown path, possibly getting into a situation with Selena Gomez and eventually, turning to drugs. It never stays on the right track when you're that young and successful, without the proper time to mature as a person.
A Chris Brown situation will never happen to Bieber because Rihanna had a history of violence and Bieber and Gomez are part of the Disney crowd so their images will be squeaky clean.

I don't get all the hate for Bieber either. I'm not a fan but people act like he's Satan reincarnated. He's just a corny kid from Canada who got a lot of fame because he was a decent singer and he was marketable.

Edit: At this point, Chris Brown is hated more than Justin Bieber. Most people can't give a legit reason for why they hate Bieber as a person besides stuff like his music or his look but people who hate Chris Brown will always refer to the Rihanna incident. Chris Brown has even been blacklisted in certain places.
__________________
Thank you Edge.

Chris Jericho, The Shield, CM Punk, Fandango, Daniel Bryan, Primetime Players, Zack Ryder, Dolph Ziggler, The Miz, Alex Riley

Christian, Mark Henry, Damien Sandow, Randy Orton, Cody Rhodes, Kaitlyn, AJ

TNA: Mr. Anderson, Madison Rayne, Velvet Sky, Samoa Joe, Austin Aries, Kazarian & Daniels


Last edited by kobra860 : 08-28-2012 at 11:15 PM.
kobra860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 08-28-2012, 11:14 PM   #12 (permalink)
Been there, done that, and got the T-shirt, son, and you're just doing reruns.
 
Elipses Corter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 10,211
Elipses Corter 9001 - 9500Elipses Corter 9001 - 9500Elipses Corter 9001 - 9500Elipses Corter 9001 - 9500Elipses Corter 9001 - 9500Elipses Corter 9001 - 9500Elipses Corter 9001 - 9500Elipses Corter 9001 - 9500Elipses Corter 9001 - 9500Elipses Corter 9001 - 9500Elipses Corter 9001 - 9500
Default Re: Why do so many people hate Justin Bieber?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether View Post
Chris Brown's career has taken a huge hit, I don't see that happening with Bieber. Chris Brown has 10 million twitter followers, and he managed to get in his first week of his last album being out....135k. He got outsold by 2 Chainz. I don't know about you, but I never see that happening with Bieber. Even if he get's in a domestic abuse case, he has way too many fangirls that would go the "I don't care if he punches me I just wanna be with him!!111" route.
Well, thats because those teenage girls will buy anything Bieber related.

My point is, Bieber is somewhat of a bigger star than Chris and always has been, hence his albums have all reached number 1. But the fact that he gets most of those sales from teenage girls makes people dislike him even more and downplay his talent, when it's obvious he's talented as hell.

Okay, so Bieber might not turn out exactly like Chris but by being in the limelight so long, he likely will veer off course.



Quote:
Originally Posted by kobra860 View Post
A Chris Brown situation will never happen to Bieber because Rihanna had a history of violence and Bieber and Gomez are part of the Disney crowd so their images will be squeaky clean.


Edit: At this point, Chris Brown is hated more than Justin Bieber. Most people can't give a legit reason for why they hate Bieber as a person besides stuff like his music or his look but people who hate Chris Brown will always refer to the Rihanna incident. Chris Brown has even been blacklisted in certain places.
The same Disney crowd that Brittney Spears, Miley Cyrus, Demi Lovato, the black dude from That's So Raven that got busted with weed were all part of? Eventually, they all grew up. That Disney tag doesn't stick around forever.

As for Brown being hated more, I doubt it. People have a reason to dislike him but I think some of that hate faded away. His first post Rihanna album had the worst first week numbers of his career, at 102k. But, the very next album reached 270k, just shy of the 295k his second album did. He still sells out shows, still maintains various friendships throughout the music business. Hell, a case could be made for Michael Jackson being more hated than Bieber and again, it would be for legit reasons.

But with Bieber, its like "just because".

Last edited by Elipses Corter : 08-28-2012 at 11:25 PM.
Elipses Corter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:17 PM   #13 (permalink)
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
 
The One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,196
The One 101 - 250The One 101 - 250The One 101 - 250
Default Re: Why do so many people hate Justin Bieber?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobra860 View Post
A Chris Brown situation will never happen to Bieber because Rihanna had a history of violence and Bieber and Gomez are part of the Disney crowd so their images will be squeaky clean.

I don't get all the hate for Bieber either. I'm not a fan but people act like he's Satan reincarnated. He's just a corny kid from Canada who got a lot of fame because he was a decent singer and he was marketable.

Edit: At this point, Chris Brown is hated more than Justin Bieber. Most people can't give a legit reason for why they hate Bieber as a person besides stuff like his music or his look but people who hate Chris Brown will always refer to the Rihanna incident. Chris Brown has even been blacklisted in certain places.
Never say never
__________________
The One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:40 PM   #14 (permalink)
Meltzer said I'm a good worker
 
kobra860's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 8,942
kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000
Default Re: Why do so many people hate Justin Bieber?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouble Trouble View Post
Hell, a case could be made for Michael Jackson being more hated than Bieber and again, it would be for legit reasons.
No one could make a legit case for hating MJ over Bieber. Most people love Michael Jackson's music.
__________________
Thank you Edge.

Chris Jericho, The Shield, CM Punk, Fandango, Daniel Bryan, Primetime Players, Zack Ryder, Dolph Ziggler, The Miz, Alex Riley

Christian, Mark Henry, Damien Sandow, Randy Orton, Cody Rhodes, Kaitlyn, AJ

TNA: Mr. Anderson, Madison Rayne, Velvet Sky, Samoa Joe, Austin Aries, Kazarian & Daniels

kobra860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:49 PM   #15 (permalink)
Been there, done that, and got the T-shirt, son, and you're just doing reruns.
 
Elipses Corter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 10,211
Elipses Corter 9001 - 9500Elipses Corter 9001 - 9500Elipses Corter 9001 - 9500Elipses Corter 9001 - 9500Elipses Corter 9001 - 9500Elipses Corter 9001 - 9500Elipses Corter 9001 - 9500Elipses Corter 9001 - 9500Elipses Corter 9001 - 9500Elipses Corter 9001 - 9500Elipses Corter 9001 - 9500
Default Re: Why do so many people hate Justin Bieber?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobra860 View Post
No one could make a legit case for hating MJ over Bieber. Most people love Michael Jackson's music.
And most people hated him over those molestation accusations, that pretty much fucked his career up.

And that is a fact, been talked about in the MJ documentaries, the first accusation hurt his pride more than anything, the second one hurt his career.


Regardless, he got accused twice of the same thing. Supposedly, he settled the first accusation out of court at the encouragement of his label so many viewed that as a sign of guilt. Do you not realize the hatred he received for that, allegedly bleaching his skin, questioning is sexual orientation or even the time when he hung his baby off the balcony? He did some off the wall shit over the years but people seem to forget that most of his success in music came outside of the US. He was treated like a God overseas but like a weirdo and criminal over here, at least by the L.A. district attorney.
Elipses Corter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:41 AM   #16 (permalink)
Meltzer said I'm a good worker
 
kobra860's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 8,942
kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000
Default Re: Why do so many people hate Justin Bieber?

The parents were aiming for a settlement to begin with. They didn't really care about seeking justice which makes one question their motives.
__________________
Thank you Edge.

Chris Jericho, The Shield, CM Punk, Fandango, Daniel Bryan, Primetime Players, Zack Ryder, Dolph Ziggler, The Miz, Alex Riley

Christian, Mark Henry, Damien Sandow, Randy Orton, Cody Rhodes, Kaitlyn, AJ

TNA: Mr. Anderson, Madison Rayne, Velvet Sky, Samoa Joe, Austin Aries, Kazarian & Daniels

kobra860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:22 AM   #17 (permalink)
Been there, done that, and got the T-shirt, son, and you're just doing reruns.
 
Elipses Corter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 10,211
Elipses Corter 9001 - 9500Elipses Corter 9001 - 9500Elipses Corter 9001 - 9500Elipses Corter 9001 - 9500Elipses Corter 9001 - 9500Elipses Corter 9001 - 9500Elipses Corter 9001 - 9500Elipses Corter 9001 - 9500Elipses Corter 9001 - 9500Elipses Corter 9001 - 9500Elipses Corter 9001 - 9500
Default Re: Why do so many people hate Justin Bieber?

It's not even their motives, it's the motives of the DA. MJ thought he could maintain a friendship that he didn't have as a kid but that's wrong for a grown man to be so fascinated by children like he was. Regardless of what you say, those accusations had a negative impact on his career. But I guess that comes from people still liking him, right?

Point is, those events basically ruined the career of Michael Jackson and left him with a lot of animosity from former fans, along with his other actions over the years.


But no, Bieber is more hated for reasons I don't know? Seriously, how is Bieber more hated than a woman beater and an alleged pedophile?
Elipses Corter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:27 AM   #18 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 369
The Livid One 101 - 250The Livid One 101 - 250
Default Re: Why do so many people hate Justin Bieber?

Because he's another clone Disney conveyor tape product that offers "music" of absolutely zero artistic, intrinsic or any other quality aimed at the lowest common denominator as a quick cash-in. Absolute talentless garbage artificially created to milk money out of the idiots.

Plus, looking like an absolute raging faggot and being a prune conservative fuckwit doesn't help either.
The Livid One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:37 AM   #19 (permalink)
Been there, done that, and got the T-shirt, son, and you're just doing reruns.
 
Elipses Corter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 10,211
Elipses Corter 9001 - 9500Elipses Corter 9001 - 9500Elipses Corter 9001 - 9500Elipses Corter 9001 - 9500Elipses Corter 9001 - 9500Elipses Corter 9001 - 9500Elipses Corter 9001 - 9500Elipses Corter 9001 - 9500Elipses Corter 9001 - 9500Elipses Corter 9001 - 9500Elipses Corter 9001 - 9500
Default Re: Why do so many people hate Justin Bieber?

Can't deny, the boy has talent.

But, people would much rather praise drug dealers and abusers, woman beaters, alleged pedophiles and anybody else who doesn't fit into a stereotype people illogically configure to attempt to justify their hatred for a certain talent/product.

It just don't make no gotdamn sense anymore. And I understand that no particular artist will be loved & respected by everybody but the he looks like a fag, makes garbage music and being Disney affiliated has to be some of the most retarded shit I ever heard. It's obvious 1 will call his music garbage, simply for the other 2 reasons I listed: Bieber is geared more towards teenaged females and he looks like a fag. What R&B/pop male singer isn't directed towards the females, mainly teenagers?

At this point in his career, I view Bieber the same way as I do Chris Brown, Usher, Justin Timberlake, a more successful version of Aaron Carter and Jessie McCartney. I mean, if we have Nicki Minaj, Lady Gaga, Flo Rida and the girl who sings "Call Me Maybe", Bieber is far from the worst thing in music. He's just the John Cena of it, people think of something to say they don't like him.
Elipses Corter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:48 AM   #20 (permalink)
Shooting the birds down from the trees
 
BULLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Salma Hayek.
Posts: 4,505
BULLY 17001 - 17500BULLY 17001 - 17500BULLY 17001 - 17500BULLY 17001 - 17500BULLY 17001 - 17500BULLY 17001 - 17500BULLY 17001 - 17500BULLY 17001 - 17500BULLY 17001 - 17500BULLY 17001 - 17500BULLY 17001 - 17500
Default Re: Why do so many people hate Justin Bieber?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouble Trouble View Post

At this point in his career, I view Bieber the same way as I do Chris Brown, Usher, Justin Timberlake, a more successful version of Aaron Carter and Jessie McCartney. I mean, if we have Nicki Minaj, Lady Gaga, Flo Rida and the girl who sings "Call Me Maybe", Bieber is far from the worst thing in music. He's just the John Cena of it, people think of something to say they don't like him.
Well I think all those artists you listed are garbage too. I'll give two examples of what I consider to be talented artists. Dave grohl and Thom Yorke. Dave Grohl can play drums, he writes the music, sings, plays guitars, he can do it all. Thom Yorke is the lyricist for Radiohead, IMO a genius. In comparison, someone like Justin Beiber is basically just a pretty face, someone who is marketable. They tell him how to dress, how to act, I doubt he has much input at all, on top of that they use autotune and all these recording techniques to make him sound good. Music is an art and should be a way for someone to express themselves artisticly, Justin Beiber represents everything I hate in todays music and I don't think your John Cena analogy was far off the mark.
__________________
BULLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios