It was well past midnight in Sunnydale, as a shadow crept across the cemetery under the scarce light of the new moon.
"No! No! No!" the figure shouted. "This is not good. Not good at all."
The man's short, stocky shadow danced over the tombstones, as he looked frantically around and saw nothing.
"Why now?" He moaned, casting his head towards the sky. "Why did you send me here?!"
Suddenly, the man doubled over in a fit of pain, clasping his head, screaming "I know! I know already!"
Scampering to his feet, the man dashed towards the fence. The streetlight. He could be safe if he could only make it to— the next thought never had a chance to unfold in his mind, as his he was interrupted by the gap that appeared in his chest. His eyes stared forwards in horror as he sank to his knees and tumbled forward, a new initiate into the cemetery's club of corpses.
The clouds maneuvered themselves out of the moon's view of the murder, and light shone down on the dead man, revealing him to be...
Spoiler for Example Guy:
"I get visions, which is to say great, splittin' migraines that come with pictures. A name, a face. I don't know who sends them. I just know whoever sends them is more powerful than me or you and they're just trying to make things right."
You are Allen Francis Doyle, Example Guy, Powers That Be Aligned. One of your visions led you to the Sunnydale Cemetery, where it proved to be your last. Thanks a great deal, Powers That Be. Good luck finding someone else to take on that fool's errand, with all the splitting headaches, and the smells. If you hadn't been an alcoholic beforehand... Anyway, your role is to die in the prologue, so that players have an example of a role PM. A job well done, if you ask me.
You win when all threats to Sunnydale, L.A. and… well, pretty much the whole world have been eliminated.
"Good..." a voice that sounded an awful lot like Buffy's said, as a smile crept to the corner of the speaker's lips.
As the speaker stepped into the moonlight, its long, golden hair morphed into short, jet black waves. Its face transforming from a young woman's to the guise of the recently deceased.
"Everything's going exactly to plan."
-Do not directly quote your role PM, nor post any sort of screenshot or... Just don't do anything besides paraphrase it if you have to. Don't quote the flavor either. It's in there for your benefit, not everyone else's. They can see it after the game.
-No discussion of the game outside of... the game. Unless your role permits it.
-The usual, the usual, etc.
-Town players are Powers That Be Aligned; Mafia players are First Evil Aligned.
-Scum hunt based on play. I know, I know. Everyone always says this, and it never happens. Trust me: If you try to guess scum based on roles or characters, you're going to have a bad time.
-Speaking of flavor, this game has plenty. If you need to brush up, here's your go-to site.
-Also, if you see a character in the write-up, that does not necessarily mean said character is in the game. The Big Bad in this game is The First Evil, and it can mimic anybody who is already dead, so... do the math. I'm just going to try to keep it entertaining, so don't read too much into it beyond kill flavor and any documented actions.
-Stay active. I'll try to give inactive players a warning if they're on the chopping block, but I will be ready to replace inactives by the start of Day 2 if I have to. I'll do my part in keeping the game speeding along, so it's on you guys to keep up the activity.
-Speaking of, each phase will be a maximum of 24 hours. If it's shorter, great. We'll keep this baby humming.
-Oh, and guys? Try to have some fun with it.
Survivors — 8
9. Roger Sterling
18. The Fourth Wall
21. AwSmashTaylorFitz Ziggler Mark
26. Mikey Damage
7. Gambit — Andrew Wells, Powers That Be Aligned, The Enigmatic Hero with Ninja-Like Qualities (Night 1)
11. CamillePunk — Erased From This Plane of Existence (Night 1)
6. Hit-Girl — Harmony Kendall, Powers That Be Aligned, The Stump (Mid-Day 2)
16. chr1st0 — Xander Harris, Powers That Be Aligned, Soldier Guy (Night 2)
23. Bullseye — Ethan Rayne, First Evil Aligned, The Magical Subcontractor (Mid-Day 3)
4. Pez — Faith Lehane, Mayor Wilkins Aligned, The Rogue Slayer (Day 3)
12. Evolution BEST FOR BUSINESS — Spike, Self Aligned, The Lone Wolf (Night 3)
15. That Guy TEHCOCK — Mayor Richard Wilkins III, Mayor Wilkins Aligned, The Boss (Day 4)
1. LUCK — Caleb, First Evil Aligned, The Big Bad (Night 4)
2. Rising — The Groosalugg, Powers That Be Aligned, The Hero (Night 4)
10. AnarkSTRUDEL Anark — Wesley Wyndam-Pryce, Powers That Be Aligned, The Rogue Demon Hunter (Day 5)
17. BkB Hulk — The Gentlemen, First Evil Aligned, The Silencer (Night 5)
20. Cotmas — Krevlornswath of the Deathwok Clan (a.k.a. Lorne), Powers That Be Aligned, The Empath (Night 5)
25. cesaro__ROCKS — Riley Finn, Powers That Be Aligned, The Epitome of Vanilla (Day 6)
22. KENSENBERG — Buffy Summers, Powers That Be Aligned, Joan of All Trades (Night 6)
5. Alim — Jasmine, First Evil Aligned, The Blessed Devourer (Day 7)
19. Titania — Daniel "Oz" Osbourne, Powers That Be Aligned, The Werewolf (Night 7)
14. ManureTheBear — Buffybot, Powers That Be Aligned, The 010100110110010101111000011000100110111101110100 of All Trades (Night 8)
8. Randumo24 — Archduke Sebassis, First Evil Aligned, Demonic Royalty (Night 8)