I was wondering if any of you have ever read any of the Battle Royale threads over at EWBattleground? I'm not sure such a topic would work too well over here at WF because I think there is a huge intelligence/creativity gap between WF and The Cube over at EWB, but I'd be damned if I tried to claim that this shit isn't so interesting
to read, and I think if people here actually put some effort and time into it, this could be the NEW craze
of the Mafia/Games section. Because let's be honest, Mafia is getting kind of stale, right?
The Battle Royale
game is based off of the famous Japanese film from 2000, Battle Royale. Basically the Japanese government forces a large group of delinquent 9th grade students and forces them to kill one and other. Here is a description from IMDB since I don't think I'm doing the movie justice with my description.
A group of delinquent students from a Japanese high school have been forced by legislation to compete in a new forum of reality television.The students are each given a bag with a randomly selected weapon and a few rations of food and water and sent off to kill each other in a no-holds-barred (with a few minor rules) game to the death, which means that the students have three days to kill each other until one survives--or they all die. The movie focus on a few of the students and how they cope. Some decide to play the game like the psychotic Kiriyama or the sexual Mistuko, while others like the heroes of the movie--Shuya, Noriko, and Kawada--are trying to find a way to get off the Island without violence.
So in a nutshell all of the people that sign-up for this game would be competing against each other to be the final survivor, the last alive. You create your own character and roleplay your way across a fictional island
forming alliances with other players, planning surprise attacks, and doing everything in your power to survive the harsh conditions of the island.
Here is a write-up of the rules courtesy of EWB. Keep in mind this is 100% completely property of EWB and they are fucking geniuses for coming up with such a beautiful game.
Okay listen up, to do this thing properly there are of course rules. I'll try to make them as straight forward and pain free as possible.
1) You DO NOT write attacks. I write attacks. You roleplay for YOUR character. If you are allied to someone else you can include them in your roleplays. You can talk about others but you cannot attack others in your RPs. If you want to attack someone you're allied with and who is in the same co-ordinate as you, PM me and I will run the attack.
2) Please keep me up to date with your co-ordinates. I will post the map of the island with the names of the competitors. It might be a good idea to mark off the danger areas and who has been killed. You can make your position public if you fancy a scrap or want to meet with a potential ally. If I do not know where you are then the game won't work. I don't screw you over. PM ME ALL YOUR CO-ORDINATES AS AND WHEN YOU MOVE. If you don't keep me up to date I'll keeeell you.
3) If you are in the same coordinate as someone else who you are NOT allied to (keep me posted with who you are allied with) then I will run a "Head To Head" attack. The person who has RPed better, more often and built better character will win. If it is close then it is likely both will survive the encounter. If it is pretty one sided, the loser will die.
4) Be as secretive with others about your weapons and locations as you want.
5) My decision about the winners of head to heads is final. Bitch if you want but only in the BR Signups thread.
6) Anything out of character is to be posted in "Battle Royale TV" NOT this thread. Once you are dead if if you are not competing, DO NOT post in here. Do NOT post out of character in here!
7) If people don't move for ages or are inactive for a period of time, I will explode their collars.
8) You CANNOT enter D6 again. You are in D6 now but as soon as the game starts this becomes a danger area. I10 is a lighthouse, other buildings can be seen on the map.
9) Collars will explode if you leave the island. You can go into the lakes but not into the sea.
10) Ask about anything if you're uncertain. Build character, make me care about your character, about what happens to them. Make me interested.
and here is a sample roleplay
posted in Battle Royale just to show you how invested and how COOL this game can be if people put fourth the effort.
Battle Royale, eh.
Bit of a strange name but Jesus it IS a bit of a strange game. So I'm running right, backpack on, through a jungle. Where? God knows. Anyway I was running and I got this really back stabbing pain in my chest. I fell to the ground, clutching at my chest, losing breath. Light fading, head heavy, windpipe closing. And then it went black. Nothing, just nothing. Blackness encircled, so I guess this is death. This is bullshit, no angels, no pearly gates, just...blackness. I didn't even get to play this game, didn't get to even use my nail clippers on a person. I didn't get to kill. Day One, hour one, I die of a fucking heart attack, this is the most fucked I've ever dealt with. I wasn't suppose to die this way, I was suppose to get on that coach and go for a ride. Just a short one, clear my head, give her time to clear her head. But here I am, laying on my back in dirt, wait, mud. It's mud I'm lying in mud. I'm fucking dieing in mud, ladies and gentlemen I've had a heart attack and now I'm lying in mud. This is the worst thing to ever happen to me. I didn't even get to run around the island, even a little bit. I ran for a bit, then blackness. This isn't what it's made up to be. Death is suppose to be this huge glorified thing.
I'm suppose to rise to heaven, Saint Peter was suppose to met me and give me my halo. I'm suppose to see my childhood dog Spot. He's suppose to lick my face and then when I throw his stick it goes for miles upon miles. It's not like this though. It's blackness. Nothing, I can't see, feel, or smell anything. I can't believe I've left the world this way, I'm only 34, I've only lived half my life. I guess I dying happy, I've done most of stuff I wanted to do. Sure I didn't live to my goal of 231 years old, but who is going to? Not me. I only wish I had a chance to play this game, it really looked like fun. I would have loved to stabbed someone, hell, I would of loved to live but alas here I lay. Here I lay in a pool on mud, looking up into the sky. I can see the moon shining through the tree tops, its patchy. Who am I kidding? i can only see black. I'm dead damnit. Dead, dead, dead.
There's the light. I guess I can only run towards it. It's getting bigger, here I come the rest of my life. Here I come Spot. Nearly there, death might have it's upside. Maybe I can come back and haunt some people, like old Mrs. Rabble. She was always a bitch to me when I was younger. "Get off my lawn" shed yell. Hey, maybe this is what I need. Maybe I need to die, maybe I need to get out of this world. Here I come. Only a few more steps, this is it. This the start of something new. Two more steps, I'm so happy. I died, but I died in a happy way, at least I didn't get my brains blown out my a shotgun. One more step, I can hear old Stop barking, I can see my halo waiting for me. What's that? Yes, I can hear Saint Peter. He's welcoming me, I can hear him. This is real, there he is.
"Hello, Saint Peter"
Lightness. My god it burns. The darkness? It's gone. I'm lying in a pool of mud my head hurts, really bad. My chest is tingling, ugh, I got mus everywhere. My bag is soaked. Wait a minute, I'm standing up, I'm not dead. I'm not dead. I didn't make it to the light, part of me fought away from the light. Part of me wanted me to live, part of me wanted to win this. I've got a second chance, dear god, I have a second chance at battle royale.
I swung my pack over my shoulder and slowly moved forward. Second chances don't come often you know, only once in a blue moon.
I don't know. What do you guys think? Is this game a little too advanced for WrestlingForum or could we pull it off? Does anybody know what the fuck I'm talking about?