Largest arms in the world, BROTHER!
Join Date: Dec 2004
Re: Official TNA DVD Help/Discussion/Review Thread
Normally I do a Top Five for the PPVs, but for Bound for Glory, there are so many great matches, that I made it a Top Ten.
Top Ten Favorite Bound for Glory Matches: (the first four are almost interchangable. I love them all about the same)
1) Sting vs. Kurt Angle (2007) - Well its certainly the biggest match in Bound for Glory history. Two great legends who had never had a real match with each other (that BS Double DQ match on Impact doesn't count in my eyes) and with a World title on the line, it just spelled EPIC. These two had an amazing match, and Sting took some serious shots in there. For a near 50 year old man, he sure can go. I loved this match.
2) Samoa Joe vs. Christian Cage (2007) - Phenomenal match. I loved the matches these two had together. Their DX07 match is probably my all time favorite TNA World Title match, and this one damn near matched it. The big seller here was Joe finally getting the clean win over Christian. That was awesome.
3) AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels vs. LAX: Six Sides of Steel (2006) - A perfect way to cap off one of the best tag team feuds in TNA history. It was a great & violent cage match.
4) Chris Sabin vs. Senshi (2006): This match totally blew me away when I first saw it. And to think that was going to be my piss break match? (poor build up can do that) These two tore the house down and managed to take the least important match on the card and damn near steal the show.
5) AJ Styles vs. Christopher Daniels: 30 Minute Iron Man (2005) - Often forgotten, probably because it isn't as classical as the first Ironman these two had, but its still an amazing wrestling match between two of the best in TNA.
6) LAX vs. XXX: Ultimate X (2007) - One of the best Ultimate X matches and one of TNA's best PPV openers ever, arguably the best.
7) Jay Lethal vs. Christopher Daniels (2007) - Another underrated one. Not much of a build up, but a great dsiplay of X Division wrestling. Lots of cool counters and spots in what was probably the sleeper hit of the show.
8) Steiner Brothers vs. Team 3D: Tables Match (2007) - Underrated match. I'm a big mark for the Steiner Brothers, and I just loved every minute of this. The table spots were really cool, and seeing the Steiners get the win just made my night.
9) Abyss vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Sabu vs. Rhino: Monster's Ball II (2005) - I didn't love this as much as everybody else did, but if you love hardcore spotfests, then this is the ticket. This match was just friggin nuts.
10) Sting vs. Jeff Jarrett (2006) - Really good Old school match with an ending that sent everyone home happy. I felt like I was watching an old Wrestlemania or Starrcade while watching this match, and to get that feeling back was pretty cool.
Can anything from 2008 make it onto the list. Well Joe/Sting certainly can. Jarrett/Angle maybe. AJ/Cage/Booker could damn near steal that show. A Tag Team Monster's Ball & Steel Asylum? Those could be really good. And of course I'd love to see one more LAX vs. Beer Money Inc. match, even though they've done it like 6 times already.