Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums

Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums (http://www.wrestlingforum.com/)
-   Graphics Showroom (http://www.wrestlingforum.com/graphics-showroom/)
-   -   GFX Ratings Thread (http://www.wrestlingforum.com/graphics-showroom/634880-gfx-ratings-thread.html)

Headliner 09-07-2012 12:49 AM

GFX Ratings Thread
 
If you want to post a banner you made for tips, ratings and criticism. Please post it here.

Abk™ 09-08-2012 03:01 AM

Re: GFX Ratings Thread
 
Great. Want to hear thoughts on this wallpaper that I created a while ago. Where do I need to improve on and all..


Anark 09-08-2012 04:30 AM

Re: GFX Ratings Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Abk™ (Post 11990541)
Great. Want to hear thoughts on this wallpaper that I created a while ago. Where do I need to improve on and all..


Only thing I would say that isn't 'Rah, that's really good' is that Brock could be shifted over to the right (as you look at it) so that all of his fist is on the picture.

Could possibly add a glass cracking effect over his fist as well, as if he is punching through the 2d barrier of the picture, maybe have the shadow of his fist's thumb visible over the text of The Perfect Storm to add that 3d comin' atcha kinda effect.

CHAMPviaDQ 09-08-2012 05:05 AM

Re: GFX Ratings Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anark (Post 11990668)
Only thing I would say that isn't 'Rah, that's really good' is that Brock could be shifted over to the right (as you look at it) so that all of his fist is on the picture.

Could possibly add a glass cracking effect over his fist as well, as if he is punching through the 2d barrier of the picture, maybe have the shadow of his fist's thumb visible over the text of The Perfect Storm to add that 3d comin' atcha kinda effect.



Maybe he knows I had already done it, wanted to do it his own way and is playing on the 'Perfect Storm' theme more. I'd like to address the 'shifting to the right' issue as well. If I remember correctly, his right hand in the image is cut off and unless you have the skills to recreate the missing part of his hand (which i don't), you're forced to have it hit the edge. I really like this wallpaper though.

Ah yes! I do have constructive criticism, Brock is intense and a 'Perfect Storm' wouldn't be complete without some lightning. What I would have added are drops of water on the sig to make it look like it has a glass covering. ( Not necessary just an idea )

Like this:


Abk™ 09-08-2012 05:09 AM

Re: GFX Ratings Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anark (Post 11990668)
Only thing I would say that isn't 'Rah, that's really good' is that Brock could be shifted over to the right (as you look at it) so that all of his fist is on the picture.

Could possibly add a glass cracking effect over his fist as well, as if he is punching through the 2d barrier of the picture, maybe have the shadow of his fist's thumb visible over the text of The Perfect Storm to add that 3d comin' atcha kinda effect.

Thanks. The thing though is that his fist is chopped off from the original render, hence why I positioned him in the centre.

CHAMPviaDQ 09-08-2012 05:30 AM

Re: GFX Ratings Thread
 
I keep forgetting I've had this tucked away in Photobucket for about a month now.

Pretty much what's happening here is a humorous yet horrific situation that wouldn't be a out of the realm of possibility, considering the way the WWE is booking talent-less morons as 'Social Media Ambassadors'. I made a small promo poster for the upcoming Raw World Tour in Dublin.


If you don't know who Jedward are, count yourself lucky, but if you have a morbid curiosity, this was the first time I saw them... Click Here (skip to 3:00)


Abk™ 09-08-2012 05:33 AM

Re: GFX Ratings Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CHAMPviaDQ (Post 11990729)


Maybe he knows I had already done it, wanted to do it his own way and is playing on the 'Perfect Storm' theme more. I'd like to address the 'shifting to the right' issue as well. If I remember correctly, his right hand in the image is cut off and unless you have the skills to recreate the missing part of his hand (which i don't), you're forced to have it hit the edge. I really like this wallpaper though.

Ah yes! I do have constructive criticism, Brock is intense and a 'Perfect Storm' wouldn't be complete without some lightning. What I would have added are drops of water on the sig to make it look like it has a glass covering. ( Not necessary just an idea )

Like this:


You're right about the lightning effect as I thought of the same during the time I was making the wallpaper, but disregarded it.

The drops of water? Think the 'rain' should make up for it. The thing is that this isn't the original size of the wallpaper, that's why there is a drop in quality somehow. Had to resize to conform with the thread and the avoidance of stretching the page for better viewing. Click here for the original size..

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/3...rmwallpape.jpg

CHAMPviaDQ 09-08-2012 05:39 AM

Re: GFX Ratings Thread
 
The rain is great, I just thought it could be an option, that's why I said it's not necessary. Been playing too much Red Dead Redemption, probably, I like when the rain hit's the screen and leaves drops :lol

Tenacious.C 09-08-2012 06:52 AM

Re: GFX Ratings Thread
 
The drops on the screen would be a sweet touch but maybe not all over the screen, just a few drops here and there. I'd also recommend changing 'the perfect storm' text, I'm really not feeling that at all. The font style doesn't look right.

Abk™ 09-08-2012 01:25 PM

Re: GFX Ratings Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenacious.C. (Post 11990875)
The drops on the screen would be a sweet touch but maybe not all over the screen, just a few drops here and there. I'd also recommend changing 'the perfect storm' text, I'm really not feeling that at all. The font style doesn't look right.

Thanks for the feedback, TC.

An example of the font style you think would look right will be appreciated.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2