Will Cena be boo'ed at the HOF? - Page 4 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 07-21-2013, 03:19 AM   #31 (permalink)
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
Jacare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Download the WWE App
Posts: 1,592
Jacare 501 - 1000Jacare 501 - 1000Jacare 501 - 1000Jacare 501 - 1000Jacare 501 - 1000Jacare 501 - 1000Jacare 501 - 1000Jacare 501 - 1000
Default Re: Will Cena be boo'ed at the HOF?

Depends how close to his retirement he gets inducted. If he gets inducted like Edge he'll definitely be booed, if they give the crowd a number of years to get over him before he comes back to be inducted he'll get cheered.
Jacare is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 07-21-2013, 03:42 AM   #32 (permalink)
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
 
Quasi Juice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 7,552
Quasi Juice 3501 - 4000Quasi Juice 3501 - 4000Quasi Juice 3501 - 4000Quasi Juice 3501 - 4000Quasi Juice 3501 - 4000Quasi Juice 3501 - 4000Quasi Juice 3501 - 4000Quasi Juice 3501 - 4000Quasi Juice 3501 - 4000Quasi Juice 3501 - 4000Quasi Juice 3501 - 4000
Default Re: Will Cena be boo'ed at the HOF?

He'll get inducted like a year or more after retiring. Wrestling fans are highly nostalgic so they'll forgive and forget all the annoying times and just cheer the guy.
__________________
Quasi Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:50 AM   #33 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Y2J is a God's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 127
Y2J is a God 50 - 100Y2J is a God 50 - 100
Default Re: Will Cena be boo'ed at the HOF?

Hopefully, the wanker deserves it. He definitely needs to change before then if he hopes to not get bood outta the building
__________________
Not taking down until:

- Jericho gets another title run [ ]
- Orton turns heel [X]
- Punk gets the WWE title back [ ]
- Great Khali and Hornswoggle are released [ ]
- Cena loses the WWE title [X]
Y2J is a God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:17 AM   #34 (permalink)
APES ON HORSES!
 
Tyrion Lannister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Wherever whores go
Posts: 12,305
Tyrion Lannister is a rep whoreTyrion Lannister is a rep whoreTyrion Lannister is a rep whoreTyrion Lannister is a rep whoreTyrion Lannister is a rep whoreTyrion Lannister is a rep whoreTyrion Lannister is a rep whoreTyrion Lannister is a rep whoreTyrion Lannister is a rep whoreTyrion Lannister is a rep whoreTyrion Lannister is a rep whore
Default Re: Will Cena be boo'ed at the HOF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasi Juice View Post
He'll get inducted like a year or more after retiring. Wrestling fans are highly nostalgic so they'll forgive and forget all the annoying times and just cheer the guy.
Nostalgic? After he becomes a first ballot Hall of Famer like Shawn Michaels and Edge and gets inducted the WrestleMania following his retirement? The fact that he's gone will barely even sink in by then.

He's getting booed, and hard. Being nostalgic for Cena is like being nostalgic for mid 90's WWF occupational gimmicks.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Saint Laurent on Xavier Woods' Gimmick
Man, talk about giving a guy nothing to work with. Imagine you've been called up to tv and they basically say to you "You're well educated. (which apparently because of your skin color means that this is an incredible thing.) We can't believe that someone with your skin color has the level of education that you have, so your gimmick is just gonna be that we put you on tv and brag that you went to school. Cause that's basically the gimmick that they gave him, how much more racist could his gimmick have been? Am I missing something here? What was the reason that the people were supposed to get behind him, other than the company just saying "phht, well, he's...in school".
Tyrion Lannister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:21 AM   #35 (permalink)
Asking Meltzer to rate my matches
 
DoubleDeckerBar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8,023
DoubleDeckerBar 5501 - 6000DoubleDeckerBar 5501 - 6000DoubleDeckerBar 5501 - 6000DoubleDeckerBar 5501 - 6000DoubleDeckerBar 5501 - 6000DoubleDeckerBar 5501 - 6000DoubleDeckerBar 5501 - 6000DoubleDeckerBar 5501 - 6000DoubleDeckerBar 5501 - 6000DoubleDeckerBar 5501 - 6000DoubleDeckerBar 5501 - 6000
Default Re: Will Cena be boo'ed at the HOF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
Nostalgic? After he becomes a first ballot Hall of Famer like Shawn Michaels and Edge and gets inducted the WrestleMania following his retirement? The fact that he's gone will barely even sink in by then.

He's getting booed, and hard. Being nostalgic for Cena is like being nostalgic for mid 90's WWF occupational gimmicks.
Who's to say he hasn't had an epic heel run by then? All may have been forgiven.

:cena
__________________

GOATZIL 2014
DoubleDeckerBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:23 AM   #36 (permalink)
Working on my abs
 
krai999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,675
krai999 501 - 1000krai999 501 - 1000krai999 501 - 1000krai999 501 - 1000krai999 501 - 1000krai999 501 - 1000krai999 501 - 1000krai999 501 - 1000
Default Re: Will Cena be boo'ed at the HOF?

it's really too soon to tell
__________________
http://fightgameblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/BLWbsS6CEAEAcLW.jpg
krai999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:28 AM   #37 (permalink)
APES ON HORSES!
 
Tyrion Lannister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Wherever whores go
Posts: 12,305
Tyrion Lannister is a rep whoreTyrion Lannister is a rep whoreTyrion Lannister is a rep whoreTyrion Lannister is a rep whoreTyrion Lannister is a rep whoreTyrion Lannister is a rep whoreTyrion Lannister is a rep whoreTyrion Lannister is a rep whoreTyrion Lannister is a rep whoreTyrion Lannister is a rep whoreTyrion Lannister is a rep whore
Default Re: Will Cena be boo'ed at the HOF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleDeckerBar View Post
Who's to say he hasn't had an epic heel run by then? All may have been forgiven.

:cena
Well, John Cena for one, if he has anything to say about it. He's been outspoken about that never happening.

Secondly, where the big problem comes in, he's not going to LEAVE as a heel, he's going to leave as a babyface, just like every top star does. I don't think there's been ONE top star that's ever left as a heel. Hogan, Austin, Rock, Undertaker will, Triple H will, Shawn Michaels, Ric Flair, Mick Foley, Edge, etc, every damn one of them retired from WWE as a babyface because when you go out, you don't want to go out like Eric Bischoff, kicking and screaming while being thrown into a dumpster, you want to go off as the triumphant hero with his head held high as he rides off into the sunset. And that's what Cena will do, only in his case, he'll do it with thousands of people booing him. Or maybe not, maybe, just maybe he'll get the biggest pop in wrestling history because he's LEAVING.

Lastly, I just think booing Cena has transcended heel or face at this point, it's part of the WWE culture, you boo Cena. That's just what you do, it's like the What? chants.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Saint Laurent on Xavier Woods' Gimmick
Man, talk about giving a guy nothing to work with. Imagine you've been called up to tv and they basically say to you "You're well educated. (which apparently because of your skin color means that this is an incredible thing.) We can't believe that someone with your skin color has the level of education that you have, so your gimmick is just gonna be that we put you on tv and brag that you went to school. Cause that's basically the gimmick that they gave him, how much more racist could his gimmick have been? Am I missing something here? What was the reason that the people were supposed to get behind him, other than the company just saying "phht, well, he's...in school".
Tyrion Lannister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:34 AM   #38 (permalink)
Asking Meltzer to rate my matches
 
DoubleDeckerBar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8,023
DoubleDeckerBar 5501 - 6000DoubleDeckerBar 5501 - 6000DoubleDeckerBar 5501 - 6000DoubleDeckerBar 5501 - 6000DoubleDeckerBar 5501 - 6000DoubleDeckerBar 5501 - 6000DoubleDeckerBar 5501 - 6000DoubleDeckerBar 5501 - 6000DoubleDeckerBar 5501 - 6000DoubleDeckerBar 5501 - 6000DoubleDeckerBar 5501 - 6000
Default Re: Will Cena be boo'ed at the HOF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
Well, John Cena for one, if he has anything to say about it. He's been outspoken about that never happening.

Secondly, where the big problem comes in, he's not going to LEAVE as a heel, he's going to leave as a babyface, just like every top star does. I don't think there's been ONE top star that's ever left as a heel. Hogan, Austin, Rock, Undertaker will, Triple H will, Shawn Michaels, Ric Flair, Mick Foley, Edge, etc, every damn one of them retired from WWE as a babyface because when you go out, you don't want to go out like Eric Bischoff, kicking and screaming while being thrown into a dumpster, you want to go off as the triumphant hero with his head held high as he rides off into the sunset. And that's what Cena will do, only in his case, he'll do it with thousands of people booing him. Or maybe not, maybe, just maybe he'll get the biggest pop in wrestling history because he's LEAVING.

Lastly, I just think booing Cena has transcended heel or face at this point, it's part of the WWE culture, you boo Cena. That's just what you do, it's like the What? chants.
Batista?

I see what you mean, but after a heel turn and a character shift, maybe there won't be as much hatred towards him. If he becomes this despicable heel like Hogan did, there's no guarantee he'll just return to the goofy little douchebag he is now, he may be a more edgy character. Maybe the John Cena character will grow up as his current fans do? They aren't going to be 8 forever. Here's hoping anyway.
__________________

GOATZIL 2014
DoubleDeckerBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:44 AM   #39 (permalink)
APES ON HORSES!
 
Tyrion Lannister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Wherever whores go
Posts: 12,305
Tyrion Lannister is a rep whoreTyrion Lannister is a rep whoreTyrion Lannister is a rep whoreTyrion Lannister is a rep whoreTyrion Lannister is a rep whoreTyrion Lannister is a rep whoreTyrion Lannister is a rep whoreTyrion Lannister is a rep whoreTyrion Lannister is a rep whoreTyrion Lannister is a rep whoreTyrion Lannister is a rep whore
Default Re: Will Cena be boo'ed at the HOF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleDeckerBar View Post
Batista?
You got me there, but Batista wanted out RIGHT THEN, like Brock Lesnar, he wasn't willing to wait for some huge babyface turn and retirement, he was just fed up. If he was retiring on terms like HBK was, you'd better believe he'd go out well. He didn't give a fuck.

Quote:
I see what you mean, but after a heel turn and a character shift, maybe there won't be as much hatred towards him. If he becomes this despicable heel like Hogan did, there's no guarantee he'll just return to the goofy little douchebag he is now, he may be a more edgy character. Maybe the John Cena character will grow up as his current fans do? They aren't going to be 8 forever. Here's hoping anyway.
I'd bet he would go back to it, though, because that's where the money's been. They aren't going to have replaced him with a true, legitimate top star during his heel run, if it ever happens. I also think that a lot of people just won't forgive him for years and years and years of bullshit. I mean, seriously, people HATE this guy. I've never seen a backlash against any wrestler like this.

You say his fans won't be 8 forever, but that's where you're wrong. They will be, because wrestling is cyclical. When the current 8 year olds grow up, they get replaced by NEW 8 year olds.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Saint Laurent on Xavier Woods' Gimmick
Man, talk about giving a guy nothing to work with. Imagine you've been called up to tv and they basically say to you "You're well educated. (which apparently because of your skin color means that this is an incredible thing.) We can't believe that someone with your skin color has the level of education that you have, so your gimmick is just gonna be that we put you on tv and brag that you went to school. Cause that's basically the gimmick that they gave him, how much more racist could his gimmick have been? Am I missing something here? What was the reason that the people were supposed to get behind him, other than the company just saying "phht, well, he's...in school".

Last edited by Tyrion Lannister : 07-21-2013 at 05:48 AM.
Tyrion Lannister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:25 AM   #40 (permalink)
Keeping the red flag flying high
 
Old_Skool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Stretford End Paddock
Posts: 2,026
Old_Skool 1501 - 2000Old_Skool 1501 - 2000Old_Skool 1501 - 2000Old_Skool 1501 - 2000Old_Skool 1501 - 2000Old_Skool 1501 - 2000Old_Skool 1501 - 2000Old_Skool 1501 - 2000Old_Skool 1501 - 2000Old_Skool 1501 - 2000Old_Skool 1501 - 2000
Default Re: Will Cena be boo'ed at the HOF?

Nah, I don't think he will, its his terribly stale character that means he ends up getting such mixed/bad reactions and I'm sure before he goes into the HOF his character will have been freshend up somewhat (be it turning heel, taking time away from WWE etc.), so the crowd won't have that much of a problem with him.
__________________
Old_Skool is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios