Did Vince Russo think of Triple H as a top guy - Page 6 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 05-17-2013, 03:45 PM   #51 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
MasterGoGo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: North Pole
Posts: 584
MasterGoGo MasterGoGo MasterGoGo
Default

Without Steph, he'd win less world titles and lose when he was supposed to.

Eg, CM Punk, Batista, RVD, Wrestlemania 2000 etc.

Not saying he should lose every match, but these are times when him winning didn't make sense.


Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
MasterGoGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 05-17-2013, 03:49 PM   #52 (permalink)
Working on my abs
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Woodsboro High
Posts: 2,599
JigsawKrueger JigsawKrueger JigsawKrueger JigsawKrueger JigsawKrueger JigsawKrueger JigsawKrueger JigsawKrueger JigsawKrueger
Default Re: Did Vince Russo think of Triple H as a top guy

I don't think it really mattered either way. Vince McMahon, Kevin Dunn, Bruce Prichard etc were still there, debating who should be pushed. It was clear from 1995 and 1996 that Vince saw Helmsley as a top guy. It would have been ensured he was protected in matches.

He was also lucky in a sense that Michaels was injured when he was. Somebody needed to head DX, so it was a no brainer HHH got that push. HBK had made sure he was pushed strongly throughout 1997, even when fans did not care. DX itself was a merchandise mammoth in the waiting, so whoever led it what in a cool spot.

The roster of 1998 - 1999 did not have a lot of depth either. HHH, Jeff Jarrett and Billy Gunn were the most well round contenders for the top heel spot in the summer of 1999. Gunn failed and Austin/Ross were't hot on Jarrett.
JigsawKrueger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:52 PM   #53 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: DMV
Posts: 5,671
#Mark #Mark #Mark #Mark #Mark #Mark #Mark #Mark #Mark #Mark #Mark
Default Re: Did Vince Russo think of Triple H as a top guy

Funny how most people on here take every opportunity to bash HHH yet whenever there's a goat heel thread the unanimous answer is usually HHH.

Hell, his best years (2000 and first half of 2001) were long before he went public with Steph.
#Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:33 PM   #54 (permalink)
Working on my possession
 
DualShock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bosnia-Herzegovina
Posts: 4,090
DualShock DualShock DualShock DualShock DualShock DualShock DualShock DualShock DualShock DualShock DualShock
Default Re: Did Vince Russo think of Triple H as a top guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by therock11 View Post
It was under Russo's writing that Triple H first became a main event player, though it wasn't until a few months later that he became a genuine top guy. Also if Russo's shoot interview (not sure which one, but i think it's the one when he was with Ed Ferrara) is to be believed, he said that it was partly because of Paul Levesque, that he didn't go to the WWE in 2002 and instead signed with TNA.
Triple H and Bradshaw were the guys who were against Russo but unlike Bradshaw who openly and directly expressed his dislike of him Triple H hid like a chicken and told Stephanie to tell her father that Russo is a bad decision and that was enough for McMahon to change his mind. The fact that for over 10 years the word of HHH & Stephanie is enough for him to make some decisions is one of the reasons why the business is so shitty in the last 10 years.

As for the topic, Russo made him 2 time WWE champion, his scripts where he turns on DX, turns heel, delivers the worked shoot "I am the game" promo. It was obviously that Russo decided that it was time for Triple H to join the main event scene and with Undertaker and Austin out of action for the next months it would be easier for him but sadly Russo left in the next months just when he started the Triple H main event heel project.
Like therock11 said, he became a top heel, main eventer under Russo and also a 2 time world champion. This is something most Russo bashers ignore claiming how he held Triple H down wich is bullshit because Russo was the guy who really gave everybody a chance. To be honest, nobody would give a fuck about him in 1999 and 2000 if he has not became over in 1998 as DX leader thanks to Russo writing. Also, Steve Austin refusing to work with him and put him over played also a major part

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Mark View Post
Funny how most people on here take every opportunity to bash HHH yet whenever there's a goat heel thread the unanimous answer is usually HHH.

Hell, his best years (2000 and first half of 2001) were long before he went public with Steph.
GOAT Heel? He is not even in the category with Mr. McMahon, Ric Flair and Hollywood Hogan and it doesn't matter when he went public, it's about when they started seeing each other and even his best buddy Waltman said that it happened earlier
__________________
June 23 1996 - October 5th 1999
The real Attitude Era

http://www.pyroandballyhoo.com/



Last edited by DualShock : 05-17-2013 at 04:35 PM.
DualShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:37 PM   #55 (permalink)
AND YOU SHINE MY SHOES IF I WANT YOU TO
 
Cliffy Byro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: A Skip in Nashville
Posts: 9,846
Cliffy Byro Cliffy Byro Cliffy Byro Cliffy Byro Cliffy Byro Cliffy Byro Cliffy Byro Cliffy Byro Cliffy Byro Cliffy Byro Cliffy Byro
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Mark View Post
Funny how most people on here take every opportunity to bash HHH yet whenever there's a goat heel thread the unanimous answer is usually HHH.

Hell, his best years (2000 and first half of 2001) were long before he went public with Steph.
That's because 12 year olds who don't know any better spam the threads/polls.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
__________________


Listen Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by combolock View Post
Almost guaranteed Spike keeps them now.
Cliffy Byro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:38 PM   #56 (permalink)
Getting over in the mid-card
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,509
GillbergReturns GillbergReturns GillbergReturns GillbergReturns GillbergReturns GillbergReturns GillbergReturns GillbergReturns GillbergReturns GillbergReturns GillbergReturns
Default Re: Did Vince Russo think of Triple H as a top guy

If a mid carder HHH is talking Vince McMahon and Shawn Michaels out of booking decisions instead of blasting him as a politician maybe you guys should be giving him credit for being a very knowledgeable wrestling mind. Sure he's used that in attempt to crush his competition but that's the industry and it's up to Vince to filter that out.

If you ever heard JR talk about what made the Attitude era so great he alludes to guys having a say on their characters and the desire to want to be the guy even at the expense of stomping on your competition.
GillbergReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:39 PM   #57 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Catsaregreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,332
Catsaregreat Catsaregreat Catsaregreat Catsaregreat Catsaregreat Catsaregreat Catsaregreat
Default Re: Did Vince Russo think of Triple H as a top guy

He had no business winning WM2000, no business beating Jericho in 2000, no business beating RVD, Booker T, CM Punk, Brock Lesnar. When youre Mr Stephanie Mcmahon though you do what you want.
__________________
Not removing until:

The Pope retires [x]

A 10 ton meteor hits earth [x]

Cena turns heel []
Catsaregreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:41 PM   #58 (permalink)
Carrying SCOTT STEINER's bags
 
KingLobos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,997
KingLobos KingLobos KingLobos KingLobos KingLobos KingLobos KingLobos KingLobos KingLobos KingLobos KingLobos
Default Re: Did Vince Russo think of Triple H as a top guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DualShock View Post
Triple H and Bradshaw were the guys who were against Russo but unlike Bradshaw who openly and directly expressed his dislike of him Triple H hid like a chicken and told Stephanie to tell her father that Russo is a bad decision and that was enough for McMahon to change his mind. The fact that for over 10 years the word of HHH & Stephanie is enough for him to make some decisions is one of the reasons why the business is so shitty in the last 10 years.

As for the topic, Russo made him 2 time WWE champion, his scripts where he turns on DX, turns heel, delivers the worked shoot "I am the game" promo. It was obviously that Russo decided that it was time for Triple H to join the main event scene and with Undertaker and Austin out of action for the next months it would be easier for him but sadly Russo left in the next months just when he started the Triple H main event heel project.
Like therock11 said, he became a top heel, main eventer under Russo and also a 2 time world champion. This is something most Russo bashers ignore claiming how he held Triple H down wich is bullshit because Russo was the guy who really gave everybody a chance. To be honest, nobody would give a fuck about him in 1999 and 2000 if he has not became over in 1998 as DX leader thanks to Russo writing. Also, Steve Austin refusing to work with him and put him over played also a major part


GOAT Heel? He is not even in the category with Mr. McMahon, Ric Flair and Hollywood Hogan and it doesn't matter when he went public, it's about when they started seeing each other and even his best buddy Waltman said that it happened earlier
There is no doubt Russo built the groundwork for Triple H's character. You have to wonder what his full plan was for him before he left.
__________________
KingLobos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:42 PM   #59 (permalink)
Humbled
 
jarrelka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,885
jarrelka jarrelka jarrelka jarrelka jarrelka jarrelka jarrelka jarrelka jarrelka jarrelka
Default Re: Did Vince Russo think of Triple H as a top guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ratman View Post
Hard to say when Triple H was dating the bosses daughter
He was wwf champion before he ever dated steph.
jarrelka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:42 PM   #60 (permalink)
AND YOU SHINE MY SHOES IF I WANT YOU TO
 
Cliffy Byro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: A Skip in Nashville
Posts: 9,846
Cliffy Byro Cliffy Byro Cliffy Byro Cliffy Byro Cliffy Byro Cliffy Byro Cliffy Byro Cliffy Byro Cliffy Byro Cliffy Byro Cliffy Byro
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillbergReturns View Post
If a mid carder HHH is talking Vince McMahon and Shawn Michaels out of booking decisions instead of blasting him as a politician maybe you guys should be giving him credit for being a very knowledgeable wrestling mind. Sure he's used that in attempt to crush his competition but that's the industry and it's up to Vince to filter that out.

If you ever heard JR talk about what made the Attitude era so great he alludes to guys having a say on their characters and the desire to want to be the guy even at the expense of stomping on your competition.
I don't give him any credit for trying to destroy brets career. That was non of his business.



Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
__________________


Listen Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by combolock View Post
Almost guaranteed Spike keeps them now.
Cliffy Byro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios