Top 10 Worst Injuries Ever
If you're squeamish, probably best not to read past this point.
Anyway, I thought this thread was somewhat original.
What are, in your opinions, the top 5 worst injuries ever? They can be brutally graphic, or subtle, yet devastating, whatever you want.
My top 10:
10. Sabu breaks his neck. Get used to neck breaks, they're a common theme on this list. Anyway, I can't find a video on YouTube but Benoit gives Sabu a backdrop and he lands right on his head. Downright painful to watch, let alone take. Then in 1998, Taz broke Sabu's neck again...bad luck that guy had.
9. Vader's eyeball pops out
Stan Hansen was known for a very stiff style, but during a routine eye poke, Vader's eye popped out. He had to take his mask off, push it back in, and wrestle the rest of the match half blind. Giant balls, that guy has.
8. Triple H tears his quad
He took a Walls of Jericho after this, which is completely insane.
7. Vince McMahon blows out both his quads
He gets in the ring and blows out his quad. Then when he leaves he tries to walk on it and blows out his OTHER quad. The pain he must have been in...don't even want to imagine.
6. Masahiro Chono breaks his neck
Fate is a cruel mistress. Steve Austin delivers a piledriver and breaks Chono's neck. A few years later, Owen Hart would break Austin's neck delivering the same move.
5. Shawn Michaels herniates 2 and crushes 1 disc in his back
This caused Shawn to have to retire for 4 years. Incredible that he completed the match.
4. Bret Hart breaks his sternum and four ribs. I can't find a video about it but its in the Wrestling with Shadows documentary. Dino Bravo knock him off the apron and he lands on the guardrail, doing a massive amount of damage to himself. The guy couldn't breathe, yet somehow finished the match.
3. Steve Austin breaks his neck
Pretty famous one. Owen gives Austin a piledriver and he lands straight on his head, breaking his neck. Gruesome.
2. Sid Vicious snaps his leg in half
Another famous one, mostly so because of the sheer...I don't even know the words. His boot was the only thing keeping his leg from coming off, in a nutshell.
1. Droz breaks his neck and becomes paralyzed. No known videos of this exist, but D'Lo Brown was going for a Skyhigh powerbomb and he slipped, dropping Droz awkwardly. Droz was a quadriplegic for many years but has been able to regain the use of his arms over time.
Now I know what you're thinking. Where's Mick Foley? Foley was such a crazy bastard that I've decided he deserves his own top 10 list of his own injuries. That's how awesome he is. I mean, were I to do a top 10 and include Foley, he'd take up like...half the slots on his own.
5. Mick Foley almost crushes his sternum. Thanks again the copyright, I can't find this video, but at Wrestlemania 2000, Foley mounted the second turnbuckle, dove off and elbow dropped Rock...except he came up short and did a ton of damage to his chest when he slammed into the side of the table.
4. Mankind dislocates his kneecap. At Survivor Series 1998, Foley went onto the second rope and dove at Rock on the outside. Rock got out of the way and Foley's knee slammed into the corner of the announce desk as he went through it. Forget videos at this point. He talks about it on the Hard Knocks and Cheap Pops documentary.
3. Cactus Jack has 2/3rds of his ear ripped off. Can't find a video, sadly, but this is probably Foley's most famous injury, yet probably the one that caused the least harm. I mean, the ear itself is just skin and cartilage. Mainly, its for show. Its inside the ear canal that's what's important. This injury, however, is especially brutal, which is why its remembered.
2. Mankind's head splits open. This was at the 1999 Royal Rumble in the I Quit match. Rock's plethora of chairshots literally caused the skin on Foley's head to part and basically split open like the seams on a pair of pants.
1. Mankind just about dies at King of the Ring. One of the most famous matches in history. I think the final tally of his injuries was a dislocated jaw, concussion, bruised kidney, several missing teeth, a hole in his mouth under his lip and a ton of thumbtack holes.
This list was shorter because he's been injured so often and I honestly don't know some of the matches or spots where they occurred.
"Without the Elite, wrestling is boring and it sucks."
The G1 Climax 26 Winner, Kenny "The Cleaner" Omega