Angle vs. Benoit (Royal Rumble 2003) is one of my 5 "desert island" matches
*Apologies for going overboard here. I like writing about wrestling matches I enjoyed a little too much.
2. vs. Michaels (WM 21)- I get why some people don't like this match but I think it's everything a WM dream match should be.
3. vs. Edge vs. Benoit vs. Eddie (Smackdown 12/02)- The whole match was great, but the Edge/Angle finishing run puts it over the top. It's really more of an Edge match than an Angle one, as Edge kept fighting through the pain and refusing to die as Angle's aresenal escalated in an attempt to put away the game Edgester.
4. vs. Undertaker (NWO 2006)- I'm still kicking myself for passing up a chance to see this classic live
5. w/ Benoit vs. Edge/Rey (No Mercy 2002)- Probably the best straight tag match in WWE history
6. vs. Shawn Michaels (Vengeance 2005)- Just a slight step down from their WM classic
7. vs. Eddie Guerrero (WM 20)- Somewhat overlooked match that has a great "overly aggressive heel vs. smart babyface" story that leads to one of my favorite finishes ever.
8. vs. Shane McMahon (KOTR 01)- One of the top 4 most straight up brutal matches I've ever seen. This match puts Shane in the company of Foley, Funk, Sabu and Necro Butcher lol
9. vs. Steve Austin (Summerslam 01)- Great classic heel vs. face style match that loses points with me for the weak finish
10. vs. Chris Benoit (Unforgiven 2002)- This match doesn't get a lot of love for some reason but I always preferred it to their WM 17 match and even their crazy cage match. One of the better heel vs. heel (or heel vs. tweener) matches I ever saw.
11. vs. Undertaker (Smackdown 9/03)- Another often overlooked classic featured one of the first appearances of MMA Taker.
12. vs. Edge (Judgment Day 02)- I think this is where Angle perfected his winning match formula.
13. vs. Chris Benoit (Raw 6/01)- One of the crazier cage matches I've ever seen.
14. vs. Brock Lesnar (Summerslam 03)- Easily my favorite match of their series. I loved seeing my longtime favorite Angle playing the super babyface against the jerk monster heel I hated with a passion in Brock. One of my most satisfying matches of the 21st century. I probably overrate it a tad because I marked out so much when Angle defeated the dreaded Brock.
15. 6 Way Hell In A Cell (Armageddon 2000)- Angle was awesome playing Honkytonk Man and being used as a punching bag for Rock and Austin only to escape with his title still intact. One of the most straight up fun matches I've ever seen.
-The fact that I had to leave off a bunch of really good Rey, Benoit, Rock and Edge matches that would easily make most wrestler's top ten tells you everything you need to know about Kurt f'n Angle. I couldn't even find room for Angle/Jannetty! Man, I loved Kurt back in the day.