Asking JAMES ELLSWORTH for Wrestling Advice
Join Date: Jan 2013
Re: Who are the 10 biggest stars to rise from the last decade
1. John Cena - booked as the biggest star from his debut day in WWE and has stuck at the stop...maybe like shit on a fan but still.
2. Brock Lesnar - was huge even before he left and won the UFC championship, now he's at the very top level and outpops other legends from previous eras!
3. Randy Orton - he was booked similarly to Cena from the very start. If he didn't get into drugs so much he would still be the #1 heel, and maybe even bigger than he was
4. CM Punk - he was still up there as the guy just behind the Ortons/Big Shows/Ortons/Edges from 2009-2011, and now he's surpassed their level (IMO) but we will see how long it lasts
5. Batista - another that was booked perfectly. Maybe one of the only guys that HHH put over 100%. If he had any wrestling ability he would've been massive as he had an unbelievable wrestling look.
6. JBL - from 2004-2006 he constantly generated the biggest heel pops in the company and held the title on smackdown for a long time. He was given a lot of freedom of speech and crushed everybody with words!
7. The Rock - i know most of his great stuff was before 2003...but he was still a big deal In 2003 and 2004, and also from 2011 til now he has been the top draw...he ranks low because he's more of an AE star
8. Jeff Hardy - had the natural poise of being unique, so they gave him championships. He was ridiculously over for a period of time in 2008 and 2009.
9. Mark Henry - he was a journeyman getting injured all the time until i think he had enough and went to creative to become a machine. If he doesn't get injured i think he can retire the biggest squasher-heel in the company in a few years
10. Muhammad Hassan - just based on what he did in a short amount of time gets that #10 spot sealed for me. He developed a character similar to Bret Hart where he was booed in USA but imagine if he wrestled in the middle east with that gimmick. He'd be an icon. One of the most over heels in WWE history and they pushed him to the moon upon debut. It's a shame what happened happened as he would be long passed that gimmick now and surely have been a big deal.
- - - - -
On a side note, i really hate how the WWE have relied on its past fame of AE and new generation stars apart from two of three that dropped the ball respectively. It's really annoying that they kill anybody that starts gaining momentum. A perfect example is Cesaro's fucking yodelling or Tyson Kidd being neglected in the lower mid-card.
Hate when children steal my sig. Find your own
Last edited by fastfrosty; 03-31-2013 at 02:47 AM.