Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
Join Date: Oct 2012
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: Why did Rock make it as a movie star, but Austin didn't?
1st off, Rock's star power in the wrestling world is virtually tied with Austin. I'll just leave that there.
There's a couple of reasons why Rock made it in Hollywood while Austin didn't
1. Even if Austin is the bigger star in wrestling, that doesn't translate to Hollwood. I don't know how you put 2 and 2 together.
2. The Rock has more charisma than Austin.
3. The Rock has movie star good looks, and Austin has your typical redneck look. Not an insult, that's just the way it is. That's another thing, The Rock has always been more mainstream friendly than Austin, and this probably helped him in the long run.
4. The Rock can actually act. It's like someone else said, most of Austin's roles are still him playing Austin. The Rock has shown more range and the ability to act at a higher level than Austin. Kids' movies, comedies, action flicks are all in The Rock's resume. Can't say the same for Austin.
5. The Rock seems to want it more. I'm not saying Austin isn't trying either, but probably not as hard as The Rock. Of course this is just speculation on my part, but I think The Rock's willingness to do different roles in different genres has widened his appeal and his audience, thus gaining him a bigger fanbase.
Sig Credit: Bubba-3D