Re: Rank Shawn Michaels' Wrestlemania matches
17) The Rockers Vs. The Orient Express at Wrestlemania VI = Very disappointing with a weird ending.
16) Vs. Diesel for the WWE Championship at Wrestlemania XI = This match showcased how much Diesel sucked as champion. The crowd turned on him, the comeback was botched, and it had one of the worst Jackknife's ever where Shawn landed on his feet and just fell backwards for the pin. It was a pretty sloppy affair.
15) Vs. Tito Santana at Wrestlemania VIII = Good match, solid opener, and a nice showcase for Shawn's new character. Not much else to say besides that.
14) The Rockers Vs. The Twin Towers at Wrestlemania V = Pretty cool big vs. little type of match and Shawn & Marty sold like champs for them.
13) Vs. Tatanaka for the IC Title at Wrestlemania IX = Bit of a screwy ending, but other than that, a pretty nice athletic showcase for the IC Title.
12) Vs. Vince McMahon in a No Holds Barred Match at Wrestlemania 22 = A fun match, but it is basically just a long squash. It is entertaining, but I disagree with some of the MOTN or MOTY praises that it received at the time.
11) Vs. John Cena for the WWE Title at Wrestlemania 23 = Much better match than I expected considering the build up left no impression on me at all. It is a nice action packed match and a strong effort from both men, considering they didn't have much to work with.
10) The Rockers Vs. Haku & The Barbarian at Wrestlemania VII = Bit of a personal favorite here. It is my second favorite Mania opener ever (1st being Bret/Owen at X). Very exciting tag team match and Shawn's first Mania win!
9) Vs. Ric Flair in a Career Threatening Match at Wrestlemania XXIV = Great emotion and Shawn worked his goddamn ass off in this one. Flair at points looked awful, but Shawn basically had a great match with a sandbag. The emotion was strong enough to make up for some shortcomings, and Shawn moonsaulting all over the place showed how much he put into this match.
8) Vs. Steve Austin for the WWF Title at Wrestlemania XIV = One of the biggest main events ever and the build up to this bout really brought the magic back to Wrestlemania after some down years following the Hogan era. Shawn also gets huge points for working this match with his severe back injury, which clearly bothered him during the match.
7) Vs. Bret Hart in a 60 Minute Iron Man Match for the WWF Title = Fantatsic wrestling display between the only two guys at the time that could do it. It is tough to rewatch because of how long it is, but is still a great piece of work and it is also Michaels' biggest win at Wrestlemania given that it was his very first World Title win.
6) Vs. Undertaker in a Streak Vs. Career Match at Wrestlemania XXVI = It was wisely given the main event spot and was very deserving of that spot. I don't think it quite had some of the shock value of the XXV match, but it was still a great piece of work and an excellent swan song for Michaels.
5) Vs. Kurt Angle at Wrestlemania 21 = An absolutely wonderful showcase of conflicting styles and a superb match all around. Loved it.
4) Vs. Chris Jericho at Wrestlemania XIX = This match turned out exactly as I pictured it my head and it was glorious. I loved it and Jericho put on his strongest performance at Wrestlemania in the process.
3) Vs. Undertaker at Wrestlemania XXV = I wasn't as high on the build up as I was their matches in 1997, but this match was just purely awesome with all kinds of twists, turns, and shocks. It was an excellent showing.
2) Vs. Triple H Vs. Chris Benoit for the World Title at Wrestlemania XX = Because of the actions of a certain participant in this match, we are not supposed to remember this main event. It is a shame too because I think it is arguably the greatest Mania main event ever. Three guys with three distinct stories and directions, all with legit claims to the title, all battling their hearts out for the ultimate prize. It was an exciting and all around fantastic match.
1) Vs. Razor Ramon in a Ladder Match for the IC Championship at Wrestlemania X = This is one of those matches that is so influential and so innovative that it will just live forever. Yes there are Ladder Matches that have outdone the spots, but at the end of the day, you can't outdo the blueprint. It is sort of like Steamboat Vs. Savage at III in that aspect. It is an absolutely wonderful match with a great feud and more than any other match, it elevated Shawn's career.