Goldberg = Most overrated superstar of all time. - Page 3 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 02-23-2013, 03:15 PM   #21 (permalink)
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
ROGERTHAT21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,242
ROGERTHAT21 probably won't be missedROGERTHAT21 probably won't be missedROGERTHAT21 probably won't be missedROGERTHAT21 probably won't be missedROGERTHAT21 probably won't be missedROGERTHAT21 probably won't be missedROGERTHAT21 probably won't be missedROGERTHAT21 probably won't be missedROGERTHAT21 probably won't be missedROGERTHAT21 probably won't be missedROGERTHAT21 probably won't be missed
Default Re: Goldberg = Most overrated wrestler of all time.

Who cares? When he was big, he was BIG. He was extremely popular, a in such a short time too. You're acting like the large majority of people claim him to be the greatest thing to ever step foot in a ring. Nobody has done that. You're criticizing him on things that no one praises him for, so how is he overrated? There are not many who have been as popular as Goldberg. Any praise he gets he deserves, and just because you don't like him doesn't make him it any less true.
__________________

Sig Credit: Bubba-3D
ROGERTHAT21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 02-23-2013, 03:16 PM   #22 (permalink)
Convinced Vince to make me a Main-Eventer
 
birthday_massacre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: #WWFuckery
Posts: 10,221
birthday_massacre has posts worth readingbirthday_massacre has posts worth readingbirthday_massacre has posts worth readingbirthday_massacre has posts worth readingbirthday_massacre has posts worth readingbirthday_massacre has posts worth readingbirthday_massacre has posts worth readingbirthday_massacre has posts worth readingbirthday_massacre has posts worth readingbirthday_massacre has posts worth readingbirthday_massacre has posts worth reading
Default Re: Goldberg = Most overrated wrestler of all time.

Goldberg was all hype. He was not nearly as popular as he was after he lost his first match in WCW. That right there shows you he was only popular because of his streak. Goldberg could not even wrestle, he was worst than the ultimate warrior and that is saying a lot. The guy never earned anything, everything was handed to him. WCW just took an ex football player and gave him 100 plus wins a row. Its just like how Skip Shetfield ERRR Ryback got over. He just came to the ring, destroyed the person in the ring and leaves. That is lazying booking and its an easy way to get anyone over.

You could tell how overrated Goldberg is because when they tried to get him in storylines and actually cut promos you could see how terrible he was.
Any wrestler will be big if you debut him and he doesn't come close to losing a match for MONTHS.

Like I said Ryback is the pefect example. HE was NOTHING in NXT when he was Skip Shetfield but you take the same man and make him a monster and not lose and kill everyone he faces (which is how ryback was booked til he lost to Punk for his first loss) and you can get over.
birthday_massacre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:22 PM   #23 (permalink)
The Sundance Kid
 
CamillePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Disappointing you
Posts: 10,051
CamillePunk is probably liked by SeabsCamillePunk is probably liked by SeabsCamillePunk is probably liked by SeabsCamillePunk is probably liked by SeabsCamillePunk is probably liked by SeabsCamillePunk is probably liked by SeabsCamillePunk is probably liked by SeabsCamillePunk is probably liked by SeabsCamillePunk is probably liked by SeabsCamillePunk is probably liked by SeabsCamillePunk is probably liked by Seabs
Default Re: Goldberg = Most overrated wrestler of all time.

I don't recall many people rating his ability as a wrestler very highly. He was just extremely popular. Kinda like Hogan in that regard.
__________________
CamillePunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:25 PM   #24 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
wrestlinn00bz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 914
wrestlinn00bz is an after thoughtwrestlinn00bz is an after thought
Default Re: Goldberg = Most overrated wrestler of all time.

Lol stupid thread is stupid. No one praises him on being a great worker/mic talker. His drawing power astronomical. If you don't like him just say it but don't try and shit on him based off false reasonings.
wrestlinn00bz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:27 PM   #25 (permalink)
GET MY BAGS
 
xdoomsayerx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Best in the world: CHICAGO
Posts: 9,267
xdoomsayerx probably won't be missedxdoomsayerx probably won't be missedxdoomsayerx probably won't be missedxdoomsayerx probably won't be missedxdoomsayerx probably won't be missedxdoomsayerx probably won't be missedxdoomsayerx probably won't be missedxdoomsayerx probably won't be missedxdoomsayerx probably won't be missedxdoomsayerx probably won't be missedxdoomsayerx probably won't be missed
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamillePunk View Post
I don't recall many people rating his ability as a wrestler very highly. He was just extremely popular. Kinda like Hogan in that regard.


I'm not saying just as a wrestler. Was totally over hyped, and again I also mention his mic skills. They were not good one bit. What did every face of the company have in common? Terrific mic skills. Hogan, Austin, Rock, HHH, and cena were all faces of the company at one point and every single one of them had great mic skills.
__________________
Top 10 all time favorites:

Stone Cold Steve Austin
The Undertaker
Shawn Michaels
Chris Jericho
Brock Lesnar
Kurt Angle
HHH
Edge
CM Punk
Kane (98-04)
xdoomsayerx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:32 PM   #26 (permalink)
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
ROGERTHAT21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,242
ROGERTHAT21 probably won't be missedROGERTHAT21 probably won't be missedROGERTHAT21 probably won't be missedROGERTHAT21 probably won't be missedROGERTHAT21 probably won't be missedROGERTHAT21 probably won't be missedROGERTHAT21 probably won't be missedROGERTHAT21 probably won't be missedROGERTHAT21 probably won't be missedROGERTHAT21 probably won't be missedROGERTHAT21 probably won't be missed
Default Re: Goldberg = Most overrated wrestler of all time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthday_massacre View Post
Goldberg was all hype. He was not nearly as popular as he was after he lost his first match in WCW. That right there shows you he was only popular because of his streak. Goldberg could not even wrestle, he was worst than the ultimate warrior and that is saying a lot. The guy never earned anything, everything was handed to him. WCW just took an ex football player and gave him 100 plus wins a row. Its just like how Skip Shetfield ERRR Ryback got over. He just came to the ring, destroyed the person in the ring and leaves. That is lazying booking and its an easy way to get anyone over.

You could tell how overrated Goldberg is because when they tried to get him in storylines and actually cut promos you could see how terrible he was.
Any wrestler will be big if you debut him and he doesn't come close to losing a match for MONTHS.

Like I said Ryback is the pefect example. HE was NOTHING in NXT when he was Skip Shetfield but you take the same man and make him a monster and not lose and kill everyone he faces (which is how ryback was booked til he lost to Punk for his first loss) and you can get over.
Again, no one praises his in-ring ability or his mic skills, so how is he overrated in that regard? You and the OP have failed to explain that.

Who cares if he was only popular because of the streak? When he was over, he was one of the most over men of the year. Not many were/are as popular as Goldberg in his prime. That's the name of the game, becoming super-over and making people want to watch you, he did that a hell of a lot better than most excluding a select few. If he got super over by hardly doing anything, that just speaks to his aura, charisma, and talent. Not everyone needs to be a technical wizard and a genius on the mic to get over. It's great if you can, but if you're still able to get over without it, more power to you.
__________________

Sig Credit: Bubba-3D
ROGERTHAT21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:40 PM   #27 (permalink)
Convinced Vince to make me a Main-Eventer
 
birthday_massacre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: #WWFuckery
Posts: 10,221
birthday_massacre has posts worth readingbirthday_massacre has posts worth readingbirthday_massacre has posts worth readingbirthday_massacre has posts worth readingbirthday_massacre has posts worth readingbirthday_massacre has posts worth readingbirthday_massacre has posts worth readingbirthday_massacre has posts worth readingbirthday_massacre has posts worth readingbirthday_massacre has posts worth readingbirthday_massacre has posts worth reading
Default Re: Goldberg = Most overrated wrestler of all time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROGERTHAT21 View Post
Again, no one praises his in-ring ability or his mic skills, so how is he overrated in that regard? You and the OP have failed to explain that.

Who cares if he was only popular because of the streak? When he was over, he was one of the most over men of the year. Not many were/are as popular as Goldberg in his prime. That's the name of the game, becoming super-over and making people want to watch you, he did that a hell of a lot better than most excluding a select few. If he got super over by hardly doing anything, that just speaks to his aura, charisma, and talent. Not everyone needs to be a technical wizard and a genius on the mic to get over. It's great if you can, but if you're still able to get over without it, more power to you.
Its simple, here is an example. IGN poll of the top 50 wrestlers of all time http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/...ll-time?page=2 .
Goldberg is at #33, he is not even in the top 100 wrestlers of all time. Its just like the same people that say Kurt Cobain is one of the best guitar players of all time.

People overrate Golberg when rating the top wrestlers of all time. The reason he overrated is because if it was not for the streak, he would not have been anything special.

You can't claim someone is one of the best at sometime if they were not good at a number of different things. When people claim golberg is one of the best wrestlers of all time, you are overrating him, its that simple.

The streak is the only reason he was popular and anyone can get that fake hype. That is what Ryback is getting now.

Last edited by birthday_massacre : 02-23-2013 at 03:43 PM.
birthday_massacre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:02 PM   #28 (permalink)
AND YOU SHINE MY SHOES IF I WANT YOU TO
 
joeisgonnakillyou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 9,865
joeisgonnakillyou needs to make some friendsjoeisgonnakillyou needs to make some friendsjoeisgonnakillyou needs to make some friendsjoeisgonnakillyou needs to make some friendsjoeisgonnakillyou needs to make some friendsjoeisgonnakillyou needs to make some friendsjoeisgonnakillyou needs to make some friendsjoeisgonnakillyou needs to make some friendsjoeisgonnakillyou needs to make some friendsjoeisgonnakillyou needs to make some friendsjoeisgonnakillyou needs to make some friends
Default Re: Goldberg = Most overrated superstar of all time.

In a time when both companies where trying new stuff, Goldberg worked just like the ultimate warrior.
You don't have to be the best wrestler in the world to get and STAY over, just the right persona that isn't a bland rip off (*cough ryback *cough super cena hogan wannabe)
Saying he was only popular because of the booking it's irrelevant, put austin in vito's gimmick during the AE and he might not become that big. EVERYTHING is dependable on booking.



- Cena does NOT have "Terrific" mic skills
__________________


The reason why we don't get fresh ideas and promotions rising in American Pro Wrestling is because the majority of the community is happy with the same old shit and will reject any chance of change. There is a risk in doing new things, 9 times out of 10, it leads to 50+ pages of bitching and moaning. While business gets turned into a dictatorship and more and more out of touch. Support the indies, support New Pro Wrestling.
joeisgonnakillyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:54 PM   #29 (permalink)
GET MY BAGS
 
xdoomsayerx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Best in the world: CHICAGO
Posts: 9,267
xdoomsayerx probably won't be missedxdoomsayerx probably won't be missedxdoomsayerx probably won't be missedxdoomsayerx probably won't be missedxdoomsayerx probably won't be missedxdoomsayerx probably won't be missedxdoomsayerx probably won't be missedxdoomsayerx probably won't be missedxdoomsayerx probably won't be missedxdoomsayerx probably won't be missedxdoomsayerx probably won't be missed
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeisgonnakillyou View Post
In a time when both companies where trying new stuff, Goldberg worked just like the ultimate warrior.
You don't have to be the best wrestler in the world to get and STAY over, just the right persona that isn't a bland rip off (*cough ryback *cough super cena hogan wannabe)
Saying he was only popular because of the booking it's irrelevant, put austin in vito's gimmick during the AE and he might not become that big. EVERYTHING is dependable on booking.



- Cena does NOT have "Terrific" mic skills


Yes he does, he just hasn't shown them in the past year
__________________
Top 10 all time favorites:

Stone Cold Steve Austin
The Undertaker
Shawn Michaels
Chris Jericho
Brock Lesnar
Kurt Angle
HHH
Edge
CM Punk
Kane (98-04)
xdoomsayerx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:56 PM   #30 (permalink)
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
HerbUWF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 421
HerbUWF is an after thoughtHerbUWF is an after thought
Default Re: Goldberg = Most overrated superstar of all time.

OP is clearly on drugs. Goldberg was one of the hottest acts ever.
HerbUWF is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios