Wrestling Observer Awards for 2013 revealed - Page 4 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 200 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 04:27 PM
Comin' at you like a double-fisted kangaroo
 
KuritaDavion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 16,922
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
                     
Re: Wrestling Observer Awards for 2013 revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy Byro View Post
ROH should've won worst promotion.
Well they came in second if that makes you happy.


KuritaDavion is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 200 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 04:33 PM
Is the bottom half of me on fire?
 
SUPER HANS CHRISTMAS CRACK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,770
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
                     
Re: Wrestling Observer Awards for 2013 revealed

8 years of greatness for D Bry... GOAT

SUPER HANS CHRISTMAS CRACK is offline  
post #33 of 200 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 04:33 PM
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Mrs. Austin Aries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Formerly from Tokyo
Posts: 951
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
             
Re: Wrestling Observer Awards for 2013 revealed

Joseph Park, Esq. is indeed the best gimmick.

.
.
.
.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuran View Post
It's TNA. No matter what they do, they will always be the worst promotion in the world. It's a fact really. It should die already and the WWE can steal their good stars. They can always use more jobbers.
This is the Lil Wayne of comments. ^ :weezy Try consulting a dictionary for the meaning of the word "fact".
Mrs. Austin Aries is offline  
post #34 of 200 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 04:34 PM
Two in the back of the head. Quick and painless.
 
KoЯn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 12,572
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
                     
Re: Wrestling Observer Awards for 2013 revealed

These awards are always littered with Japan and TNA. Not to say I disagree, but even if Punk or anyone else had five star matches all year long, it would still be Bryan who won that award, Meltzer will make sure of that.

At least the Overrated/Underrated awards are accurate. Glad Heyman won and I think we all knew the heart attack shit was gonna win the most disgusting promo tactic.
KoЯn is offline  
post #35 of 200 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 04:38 PM
Parks and Recreation Dept.
 
HankHill_85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Saskatchewan
Posts: 3,464
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
                     
Re: Wrestling Observer Awards for 2013 revealed

Wow, what prestigious awards! Everyone should be so honored.......oh wait. Why do people give a fuck what Meltzer marks think? They're all just marks for that overrated shit over in Japan.

I'm a Brock Lesnar Guy.


Arrive, F5, Rinse and Repeat...
HankHill_85 is offline  
post #36 of 200 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 04:44 PM
Little Poppa Pump
 
Stanford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,006
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariatoh! View Post
Yep I just don't understand how in the hell you have best show but worst promotion
Pretty easily, really. There's more to running a wrestling promotion than just producing a TV show.

- Their Pay Per Views were largely poor.
- They managed to take their titles away from their own trademark talent and give it to old WWE guys.
Daniels+Kazarian >> Chavo and Hernandez
Roode and Aries >> Jeff Hardy
Aries >> Rob Van Dam

- They totally mucked up Aces and 8s, making their show completely unwatchable for the past 3 or 4 months
- They featured Hogan more than anyone else on the roster
- They continue to do amateur shit like this, despite the fact that they've got tons of money to blow, and a sweet TV deal.

TNA is just not a well run promotion. They never appear to know what the hell they're doing. I personally think that RoH did more to hurt their brand than TNA, but I can't complain about the selection of TNA too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HankHill_85 View Post
They're all just marks for that overrated shit over in Japan.
Did you watch even a single match from NJPW this year? I'm guessing you didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ever Wolf View Post
He got over to the point of mid card popularity. He was expected to take the IC off of Miz in the Autumn. Instead he was put in the WWE CHAMPIONSHIP match. Out of fucking no where.
Because he was over. And when the office decided to push him, he proved them right.


I am an All Time Great.

Last edited by Clique; 01-24-2013 at 05:16 PM. Reason: triple post
Stanford is offline  
post #37 of 200 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 04:50 PM
Grabbin' Dat Gem
 
Tyrion Lannister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The Weekly Planet
Posts: 74,996
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
                     
Re: Wrestling Observer Awards for 2013 revealed

What I'd really like to know is if TNA was around the same quality in 2012 as their debut Impact of 2013, because I decided to watch that, for whatever reason, and God DAMN, it was one of the worst wrestling shows I've ever seen in my life. If it was that quality last year, there's no justification whatsoever for it to be the best weekly show, even with all the fuckery on Raw. The only thing on that show that was even moderately entertaining was Daniels mocking Storms accent, which was about 10 seconds of a 2 hour broadcast.

What everyone really wants for Christmas:

Tyrion Lannister is offline  
post #38 of 200 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 04:56 PM
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
cablegeddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,560
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
       
Re: Wrestling Observer Awards for 2013 revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
They deserve it. They truly were the best weekly show.

Very surprised and a little confused at how TNA managed to win "Best weekly show" and "worst promotion". Doesn't really add up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCC View Post
Best Weekly Television Show: TNA Impact Wrestling


All the power to TNA but I was shocked to see the Wrestling Observer give them that award.
I was hoping the retarded interview show hosted by Tenay and Borash would win. You can't really claim that any of weekly wrestling shows have had a good year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatOne. View Post
Big Dave wasn't happy about Bryan winning Best Technical wrestler.
Batista?

WRESTLEMANIA X7 - EVOLUTION 2004 - EXTREME RULES 2011
cablegeddon is offline  
post #39 of 200 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 04:56 PM
Little Poppa Pump
 
Stanford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,006
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Wrestling Observer Awards for 2013 revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
What I'd really like to know is if TNA was around the same quality in 2012 as their debut Impact of 2013
It wasn't. It was the most consistent wrestling show pretty much every week until Hardy showed up. After that, it feel off quickly.


I am an All Time Great.
Stanford is offline  
post #40 of 200 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 05:01 PM
Vince gives me a comedy gimmick
 
Dragonballfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 6,137
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
                     
Re: Wrestling Observer Awards for 2013 revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
What I'd really like to know is if TNA was around the same quality in 2012 as their debut Impact of 2013, because I decided to watch that, for whatever reason, and God DAMN, it was one of the worst wrestling shows I've ever seen in my life. If it was that quality last year, there's no justification whatsoever for it to be the best weekly show, even with all the fuckery on Raw. The only thing on that show that was even moderately entertaining was Daniels mocking Storms accent, which was about 10 seconds of a 2 hour broadcast.
Hell no, Impact was great last year, its turned to shit this year. only good thing is Daniels, Kaz & that strange Roode/Aries alliance.

Also spot on for best wrestling DVD Punks documentary on it was great

.
R.I.P. to the Ultimate Warrior.


"Eat... Sleep... Conquer... The Streak" - Michael Cole

WrestleMania VII - March 24, 1991 -- WrestleMania XXX - April 6, 2014
Dragonballfan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome