Why is Kevin Nash hated so much over here? - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 01-17-2013, 11:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 58
Diesel_124
Default Why is Kevin Nash hated so much over here?

Firstly, the one thing that I've noticed is that people always talk shit about his 1995's year long title reign. Firstly, Kevin Nash didn't really ave decent opponents. Jeff Jarrett, British Bulldog and Mabel aren't really draws. Plus, all three of them are inferior to Nash in terms of being the total package - size, charisma, look, mic skills and ring skills. So those three too deserve equal amount of blame. Apart from them, Nash had feuds with Bret, Owen, Shawn and Taker. And with all four of them, he had worked entertaining feuds. Although Nash isn't the best in the ring, he did put on decent matches wiyh those guys. So yeah, that clearly proves that Nash wasn't responsible for his title reign being a bit lacklustre, it was mainly because of the booking and because of his opponents.

Apart from that, he's hated for backstage politics. Okay, he did make bad decisions like ending Goldberg's streak in that way, the Fingerpoke of Doom, etc. He did make decisions which resulted in the death of WCW. But that was nothing compared to what Eric Bischoff, Vince Russo and Hulk Hogan did. They did worse and they were more responsible for WCWs death than Nash. Nash's shows weren't the best but when compared to Russo's stuff when he came into WCW, Nash's stuff looked like Shakespeare compared to Russo's.

Its just blind hate!
Diesel_124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 01-17-2013, 11:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
Proud supporter of Pornstache da gawd.
 
Headliner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 43,878
Headliner whored out on repHeadliner whored out on repHeadliner whored out on repHeadliner whored out on repHeadliner whored out on repHeadliner whored out on repHeadliner whored out on repHeadliner whored out on repHeadliner whored out on repHeadliner whored out on repHeadliner whored out on rep
Default Re: Why is Kevin Nash hated so much over here?

Because "his work rate was awful and he buried guys".

Kliq's been running the business since 95 and haters still mad.
__________________
Headliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
Working on my abs
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: like a bitch
Posts: 2,959
Rayfu Rayfu Rayfu Rayfu Rayfu Rayfu
Default Re: Why is Kevin Nash hated so much over here?

saying because someone may of done it worse we cant hate them for it? since Hulk is the worst guy back stage ever we cznt hate if Cena tells vince to let him go voer taker at WM?

was he the worst? no, but he was still bad with it, and just hate for him.
Rayfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,098
hardysno1fan hardysno1fan hardysno1fan
Default Re: Why is Kevin Nash hated so much over here?

OP you basically answered your own question.

As a kid in the AE I didn't really see his appeal. He was always on the mic but never really doing anything. I only watched WCW for Goldberg.
hardysno1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:33 AM   #5 (permalink)
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
SpookshowTony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Waiting in the darkness of the Rhode Island sewers
Posts: 1,583
SpookshowTony SpookshowTony SpookshowTony SpookshowTony SpookshowTony SpookshowTony SpookshowTony SpookshowTony SpookshowTony
Default Re: Why is Kevin Nash hated so much over here?

You're starting a shitstorm, you know that right?

First off, he's not the total package. In-ring skills? Technically, he was carried especially in his bouts against Bret and HBK. '95 is looked down due to the light on stars roster, jobberfests and crap gimmicks. Looks? Big, tall guy with long hair. Charisma? Kind of, but nothing extraordinary. I'm stopping here. I could go on, but I don't want to. I've read your posts, you come off as an immature kid. Stop posting nonsense and no one will trash you. And stop crying about red rep. They're just red squares that don't affect you in real life. The more you cry, the more you get. Simple as that.

Oh and before I forget: Diesel.Mabel.Summerslam.1996. Vince thought that would be a good idea. It wasn't.
SpookshowTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:37 AM   #6 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 58
Diesel_124
Default Re: Why is Kevin Nash hated so much over here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardysno1fan View Post
As a kid in the AE I didn't really see his appeal. He was always on the mic but never really doing anything. I only watched WCW for Goldberg.
You answered your own question. You didn't see his appeal because you just cared about Goldberg.
Diesel_124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:38 AM   #7 (permalink)
Goatin' ain't easy
 
The GOAT One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: London
Posts: 1,157
The GOAT One The GOAT One The GOAT One The GOAT One The GOAT One The GOAT One The GOAT One The GOAT One
Default Re: Why is Kevin Nash hated so much over here?

Big Sexy is the man.
__________________
The GOAT One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:38 AM   #8 (permalink)
Wrestling Forum's Ace Attorney
 
PacoAwesome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,397
PacoAwesome PacoAwesome PacoAwesome PacoAwesome PacoAwesome PacoAwesome PacoAwesome PacoAwesome PacoAwesome PacoAwesome PacoAwesome
Default Re: Why is Kevin Nash hated so much over here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_124 View Post
Firstly, the one thing that I've noticed is that people always talk shit about his 1995's year long title reign. Firstly, Kevin Nash didn't really ave decent opponents. Jeff Jarrett, British Bulldog and Mabel aren't really draws. Plus, all three of them are inferior to Nash in terms of being the total package - size, charisma, look, mic skills and ring skills. So those three too deserve equal amount of blame. Apart from them, Nash had feuds with Bret, Owen, Shawn and Taker. And with all four of them, he had worked entertaining feuds. Although Nash isn't the best in the ring, he did put on decent matches wiyh those guys. So yeah, that clearly proves that Nash wasn't responsible for his title reign being a bit lacklustre, it was mainly because of the booking and because of his opponents.

Apart from that, he's hated for backstage politics. Okay, he did make bad decisions like ending Goldberg's streak in that way, the Fingerpoke of Doom, etc. He did make decisions which resulted in the death of WCW. But that was nothing compared to what Eric Bischoff, Vince Russo and Hulk Hogan did. They did worse and they were more responsible for WCWs death than Nash. Nash's shows weren't the best but when compared to Russo's stuff when he came into WCW, Nash's stuff looked like Shakespeare compared to Russo's.

Its just blind hate!
Stopped reading there.
__________________
Fan of Daniel Bryan,Seth Rollins,CM Punk,Brock Lesnar,Antonio Cesaro,Randy Orton, Kazuchika Okada,Shinsuke Nakamura,and Minoru Suzuki


CREDIT TO "Tenacious.C. "
PacoAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:39 AM   #9 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,098
hardysno1fan hardysno1fan hardysno1fan
Default Re: Why is Kevin Nash hated so much over here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_124 View Post
You answered your own question. You didn't see his appeal because you just cared about Goldberg.
Well.... If Nash is marketed not on his wrestling skills then surely its his job to get people caring for him in some form? For instance the likes of Benoit may not have been attractions at the time but he did put up a show. Nash basically failed to deliver. I dont hate the guy. He sounds funny but fact is he failed to deliver what very little he had to offer.
hardysno1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:40 AM   #10 (permalink)
Moron
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Europe
Posts: 1,308
The Cynical Heel
Default Re: Why is Kevin Nash hated so much over here?

Because in his vision, wrestling would be basketball players punching each other to their deaths.
The Cynical Heel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios