World Heavyweight Championship vs WWE Championship - Page 6 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 01-20-2013, 08:59 PM   #51 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
slatersgonnaslate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 193
slatersgonnaslate is an after thoughtslatersgonnaslate is an after thought
Default Re: World Heavyweight Championship vs WWE Championship

regardless of lineage, names or definitions, the facts are simple. The World title is currently, and has been for years now, the B-show title. It effectively should be named the smackdown title.

It is now on the same level that the intercontinental title was during the attitude era, used as a proving ground for up and comers or to give old timers one final piece of glory and recognition. Frankly, thanks to the John Cena effect, none of the title in WWE actually feel like they mean anything whatsoever anymore, but if we are directly comparing, the WWE title is the be all and end all. Fact.
__________________
slatersgonnaslate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 01-20-2013, 09:02 PM   #52 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
KeepinItReal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,254
KeepinItReal needs to take rep more seriousKeepinItReal needs to take rep more seriousKeepinItReal needs to take rep more seriousKeepinItReal needs to take rep more seriousKeepinItReal needs to take rep more seriousKeepinItReal needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: World Heavyweight Championship vs WWE Championship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeee View Post
I just don't see any other way it could be. The WWE and WCW titles were unified when Chris Jericho beat The Rock and Steve Austin. The World title was a completely new title without any previous lineage.
But WWE, the owner of the WCW title (thought not the NWA title) has claimed otherwise in WWE Magazine and in a DVD on the subject. And, Batista has referred to NWA champions who didn't hold the big gold belt as holders of the "belt" that he was holding when he held the WHC. And titles have been unified into nonuse and then revived before, like the IC and US titles (on separate occasions).
__________________
WWE favorites: Punk, Sheamus, Lesnar, Ambrose, Rollins, Reigns,
Del Rio, Orton, Bryan, Ziggler, Wyatt, Usos, Cesaro, Mysterio, Kane
DGPW: Doi, Yoshino, Tozawa, Yamato, Dragon Kid, BxB Hulk, Ricochet, Super Shisa
NJPW: Okada, Nakamura, Styles ROH: Briscoes, Fish and O'Reilly, Young Bucks
All-Time: Rock, Punk, Lesnar, Angle

KeepinItReal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:04 PM   #53 (permalink)
The Face Of The Company
 
dxbender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 18,384
dxbender is getting a pushdxbender is getting a pushdxbender is getting a pushdxbender is getting a pushdxbender is getting a pushdxbender is getting a pushdxbender is getting a pushdxbender is getting a pushdxbender is getting a pushdxbender is getting a pushdxbender is getting a push
Default Re: World Heavyweight Championship vs WWE Championship

I wouldn't mind this being main event of WM30 or something. And announce it the day after WM29. So for the next year, anyone who goes after either title, does so not just to win that title, but cause they're looking at bigger picture, and that is to be the one who is undisputed champ at wrestlemania.

The only reason I wouldn't want titles to be unified, is cause then that's 1 less division WWE has to worry about, meaning 1 more feud on PPV cards that has no meaning. And I like the WHC design, but WWE will likely get rid of it.
__________________
dxbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:14 PM   #54 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
KeepinItReal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,254
KeepinItReal needs to take rep more seriousKeepinItReal needs to take rep more seriousKeepinItReal needs to take rep more seriousKeepinItReal needs to take rep more seriousKeepinItReal needs to take rep more seriousKeepinItReal needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: World Heavyweight Championship vs WWE Championship

Quote:
Originally Posted by slatersgonnaslate View Post
regardless of lineage, names or definitions, the facts are simple. The World title is currently, and has been for years now, the B-show title. It effectively should be named the smackdown title.

It is now on the same level that the intercontinental title was during the attitude era, used as a proving ground for up and comers or to give old timers one final piece of glory and recognition. Frankly, thanks to the John Cena effect, none of the title in WWE actually feel like they mean anything whatsoever anymore, but if we are directly comparing, the WWE title is the be all and end all. Fact.
Okay, its not a fact. I considered Batista, Undertaker, and Edge to be much better wrestlers then John Cena, Randy Orton, and Triple H. Wrestling is fake. Which means that its perfectly reasonable to believe that the holder of the WHC is equal to the holder of the WWE title. It may be fact that in real life the contenders for the WWE title are bigger stars than the WHC, but in kayfabe? And better wrestlers, not just bigger stars? No, kayfabe is w/e WWE says, maybe depending on how believable it is. When Sheamus wrestled Punk in Champion vs. Champion matches, Punk cheated and acted like a coward, once refusing to wrestle Sheamus altogether. Thus, in kayfabe, I see Sheamus as superior to Punk. I would say the same thing about Big Show when he held the WHC a short time ago, that he would easily beat Punk in a match, since he dominated whenever they faced each other in the past yr, but interference prevented a result from being reached. I wouldn't say the same about Del Rio, only because his win over Big Show wasn't entirely legit, and cuz Punk beat Del Rio twice during the end of 2011.

SmackDown has been less significant than Raw from the TV show's inception, and from the beginning of the brand extension. But, the brands were extremely close to equal in actual quality up until the exits of Batista and Undertaker. Batista/Taker/Edge were right up there with Cena/Orton/HHH, just like Angle/Benoit/Guerrero/Lesnar/Taker were right up there with HHH/HBK/Goldberg/Booker T/???, if not superior. B-show by just an inch isn't really a B-show. Only NOW is it really the "B-show," and even now viewers can reasonably believe in kayfabe that its equal.

Oh, and lastly, Royal Rumble winners pick the WHC sometimes, too; they choose to go after what they think is the biggest victory they can get.
__________________
WWE favorites: Punk, Sheamus, Lesnar, Ambrose, Rollins, Reigns,
Del Rio, Orton, Bryan, Ziggler, Wyatt, Usos, Cesaro, Mysterio, Kane
DGPW: Doi, Yoshino, Tozawa, Yamato, Dragon Kid, BxB Hulk, Ricochet, Super Shisa
NJPW: Okada, Nakamura, Styles ROH: Briscoes, Fish and O'Reilly, Young Bucks
All-Time: Rock, Punk, Lesnar, Angle


Last edited by KeepinItReal : 01-20-2013 at 09:16 PM.
KeepinItReal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:29 PM   #55 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
manga4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 136
manga4life is an after thought
Default Re: World Heavyweight Championship vs WWE Championship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeee View Post
I just don't see any other way it could be. The WWE and WCW titles were unified when Chris Jericho beat The Rock and Steve Austin. The World title was a completely new title without any previous lineage.
It's on the DVD, I actually found the part where they mention it on the DVD (downloaded it) and even though WWE want's to retcon things quite often, I'm not letting them get away with this one. Sure, the WWE Championship gets top billing, but to be champion of the world is a better feat than being champion of a company and no matter how anyone tries to spin it there can be no solid argument against it.
__________________
www.Twitter.com/manga4life

Blog - http://manga4life-blog.blogspot.com : 4/14/13 - "CLASSIC GAMING, finding old school gems is fun."


Major (World) Championships I recognize/follow
World Heavyweight Championship (as of 2009)
WWE Championship (as of 2009)
ROH World Championship (since inception)
IWGP Heavyweight Championship (since inception)
manga4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:38 PM   #56 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
paulborklaserheyma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 820
paulborklaserheyma paulborklaserheyma paulborklaserheyma paulborklaserheyma paulborklaserheyma
Default Re: World Heavyweight Championship vs WWE Championship

World Heavyweight Championship is midcard championship belt now.
Even WWE championship lost its prestige nowadays.
__________________
paulborklaserheyma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:43 PM   #57 (permalink)
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
LeapingLannyPoffo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 5,130
LeapingLannyPoffo is getting a pushLeapingLannyPoffo is getting a pushLeapingLannyPoffo is getting a pushLeapingLannyPoffo is getting a pushLeapingLannyPoffo is getting a pushLeapingLannyPoffo is getting a pushLeapingLannyPoffo is getting a pushLeapingLannyPoffo is getting a pushLeapingLannyPoffo is getting a pushLeapingLannyPoffo is getting a pushLeapingLannyPoffo is getting a push
Default Re: World Heavyweight Championship vs WWE Championship

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevereveragainu View Post
thats like saying that one is trying to be worried for someone who accidently slips on the sidewalk but it healthy enough to walk away relatively unfazed

any good piece of fact or fiction has semblence of sense, what's your point?
That's great. You took my one sentence and split it up until it didn't make sense. Bravo, champ.
__________________
Seabs is a retrard
LeapingLannyPoffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:33 AM   #58 (permalink)
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: The bad neighbourhood in Hell
Posts: 1,698
silverspirit2001 needs to take rep more serioussilverspirit2001 needs to take rep more serioussilverspirit2001 needs to take rep more serioussilverspirit2001 needs to take rep more serioussilverspirit2001 needs to take rep more serioussilverspirit2001 needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: World Heavyweight Championship vs WWE Championship

Simple, WHC is a world title.

WWE championship is the (WWE) universe championship.
__________________
Your opinions don't matter. I am right and everyone one not agreeing with me is a troll, or an idiot.

(Typical poster thought process)
silverspirit2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:23 AM   #59 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
KeepinItReal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,254
KeepinItReal needs to take rep more seriousKeepinItReal needs to take rep more seriousKeepinItReal needs to take rep more seriousKeepinItReal needs to take rep more seriousKeepinItReal needs to take rep more seriousKeepinItReal needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: World Heavyweight Championship vs WWE Championship

Quote:
Originally Posted by manga4life View Post
It's on the DVD, I actually found the part where they mention it on the DVD (downloaded it) and even though WWE want's to retcon things quite often, I'm not letting them get away with this one. Sure, the WWE Championship gets top billing, but to be champion of the world is a better feat than being champion of a company and no matter how anyone tries to spin it there can be no solid argument against it.
I still disagree with the WHC being fundamentally better because of some technicality over the name. I think they're equal, or it depends on what's going on at a particular time. Saying its better because of "World" ignores the reality that the WHC is only defended within WWE.
__________________
WWE favorites: Punk, Sheamus, Lesnar, Ambrose, Rollins, Reigns,
Del Rio, Orton, Bryan, Ziggler, Wyatt, Usos, Cesaro, Mysterio, Kane
DGPW: Doi, Yoshino, Tozawa, Yamato, Dragon Kid, BxB Hulk, Ricochet, Super Shisa
NJPW: Okada, Nakamura, Styles ROH: Briscoes, Fish and O'Reilly, Young Bucks
All-Time: Rock, Punk, Lesnar, Angle

KeepinItReal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:32 PM   #60 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
manga4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 136
manga4life is an after thought
Default Official Retraction

Recently I posted a blog where I stated that the WWE Championship was inferior to the World Heavyweight Championship and today I would like to actually retract that statement. The reason being is that a championship is only as strong as how it's owning company treats it and since the WWE treats the World Heavyweight Championship with less reverance than the WWE Championship than I have to give the WWE Championship the top billing. The WWE Championship is often defended in the main event of pay-per-views and if competed for against the top tier competitors that wrestle in the WWE, but with that said the World Heavyweight Championship is still a very prestigious title to hold, but it is not above the WWE Championship. Sure, being the World Champion should denote that you're the best there is at what you do when you're a professional wrestler, but in this case the WWE title is a “World Championship” and encompasses the fact that the WWE is the largest professional wrestling company in existance and it's champion is the highest ranking wrestler in the world. The World Heavyweight Championship is often defended earlier in the card on pay-per-view matches and is often held by a wide array of competitors ranging from top tier talent to mid-card talent and is not treated on the same level as the WWE Title.

So there you have it, my official retraction for my now infamous blog post that has reached a massive 8,998 views since it was put up mid last month. And if you've skipped the paragraph before this one I'll be happy to repeat myself once again. The WWE Championship is the main attraction in the WWE and is the top title contested by the competitors who wrestle both in the WWE and who compete around the world. And while I follow the IWGP Heavyweight Championship, and ROH World Championship just as closely, the WWE Champion is regarded by wrestling fans and promoters as the sports top championship.
__________________
www.Twitter.com/manga4life

Blog - http://manga4life-blog.blogspot.com : 4/14/13 - "CLASSIC GAMING, finding old school gems is fun."


Major (World) Championships I recognize/follow
World Heavyweight Championship (as of 2009)
WWE Championship (as of 2009)
ROH World Championship (since inception)
IWGP Heavyweight Championship (since inception)
manga4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios