Why did Hogan job to The Rock, but not Austin? - Page 12 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 02:32 AM   #111 (permalink)
Little Poppa Pump
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,421
promoter2003 needs to make some friendspromoter2003 needs to make some friendspromoter2003 needs to make some friendspromoter2003 needs to make some friendspromoter2003 needs to make some friendspromoter2003 needs to make some friendspromoter2003 needs to make some friendspromoter2003 needs to make some friends
Default Re: Why did Hogan job to The Rock, but not Austin?

You're right since Nash got injured and Hogan was turning it wouldn't do much good in Hall going over. It's things like that which must have helped in Austin's paranoia which people said was actually happening even before the nWo came in. The flip side to that is also if Austin vetoed the Hall match then it would damage the nWo anyways and it played more into Hogan turning so fast.


I also agreed with Austin and the Brock Lesnar situation.

However, Hogan and Taker had the same hesitation of giving him too much too fast too. It turned out they were right.
promoter2003 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 01-15-2013, 02:56 AM   #112 (permalink)
Been there, done that, and got the T-shirt, son, and you're just doing reruns.
 
xoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 10,732
xoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselves
Default Re: Why did Hogan job to The Rock, but not Austin?

I just hate when people try to pass of Austin getting the finish with Hall changed the day of the show, despite Nash saying in his shoot that once Hogan got cheered against Rock in Chicago, they wanted to turn him babyface and the plan of Hall, Nash & Hogan beating down Rock was scrapped. Had that happened, it would have made sense to have Austin lose to Hall.

So based on that, I don't see how or if Austin did indeed get the finish changed, it wasn't in the best interest of the program, which would have been a bust without 2 of the key members, not to mention, Hall was fired less than 2 months later. So, it would have been rather pointless, as it was only 1 PPV after WM before Hall got released.

Regarding Austin/Brock, it made sense. Why give the match away on free TV with no build up? Furthermore, looking at how Brock left after having so much given to him (wins over Rock, Hogan & Taker), Austin did the right thing in hindsight.
xoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is offline  
Old 01-15-2013, 11:45 AM   #113 (permalink)
Moron
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 598
Icon_Vs_Icon Icon_Vs_Icon Icon_Vs_Icon
Default Re: Why did Hogan job to The Rock, but not Austin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by promoter2003 View Post
I'm just adding to the conversation of a radio interview with guys from that show who stated otherwise. I'm not even stating what you are saying is wrong. I'm just letting you know what was being said in Toronto the night AFTER Hogan/Rock happened.
I dont doubt some fans speculated that it couldve been or even shoudlve been Steve but that doesnt change facts. If Steve were in the match then there wouldve been tons of Rocky fans claiming he was the first option and deserved to be in that spot.



Quote:
Originally Posted by promoter2003 View Post
The original Mania 18 main event was suppose to be Austin vs. Rock(champ vs. champ as there were promotional pictures with the Mayor for this), but I guess you will question me about this too right? As it was changed after due to Austin turning back babyface and the whole Invasion angle flopped. Then it was switched to HHH/Austin which was the original plan for SummerSlam 2001 and was pushed back.
Bull! Hunter was slated to win the undisputed title from Steve as soon as he got hurt but Steve didnt like that idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by promoter2003 View Post
I have also heard contrary to what Austin has stated in public and that Hogan vs. Austin was suggested even at Mania 19 and Mania 20.
Bull again, I have tons of interviews were Steve Austin said he was only offered the match after he retired for three years and turned it down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by promoter2003 View Post
The biggest thing that was going around at that time was that Austin did not like the fact those guys came in at all. He felt after the whole Monday Night Wars that bringing those guys in was like working with the enemy. He didn't like the idea of the nWo floating as a group in a split wwf. That is why he thought the writing sucked.
Have you ever considered that Steve was pissed they were coming in bc he knew it was going to be Rock/Hogan as the big main event match which left in in a bad creative spot. Steve was pissed for a lot of reason and being asked to lose to Hunter and not facing Hulk were the two biggest things. Ive also learned Steve was suppose to be the 2nd draft pick after Rocky a week after Mania x8 but walked out that week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deandre Cole View Post
But who have came out and admitted that Rock was the first choice? Hogan. Who else?
Nash/Hall/Rock/Hogan/and most importantly Steve who has said this countless times even an ex creative team member from 2002 said this. There is literally no real proof that Steve was ever even considered besides his fans making stuff up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deandre Cole View Post
And when Howard Stern asked him if the Hogan/Austin match never happened because they couldn't agree on a finish, Austin said yeah and basically, only way the match would happen, he would have to win but then he said the match would never happen.
Bull! Steve said he had no interest in working with Hulk then was asked did he expect to win and he said yeah. Hulk has said tons of times he didnt care who won he just wanted the dream match. Imo Hulk just wanted to see Steve get booed like Rock to feed his ego but Steve was to paranoid to fall for the trick.

As for the rest of your post your such a huge Steve mark, i see why my Rocky friends bash you because your a massive mark for him but try to hide it. There is zero, no, none evidence to support Steve was ever the first choice. There is also zero, no, none evidence that Hulk didnt want to job while i have multiple times when Hulk said he didnt care if he won and that they needed to put there ego aside.

In Steve 2011 dvd he said "all of a sudden heading into Mania its Rock/Hogan, well thats the big match, thats the main event, and Stone Cold is gonna be working with Scott Hall, and all due respect and props to Scott Hall, but Hogan was the guy that i needed to be working with, not Hall"

That alone proves Stone Cold fans conspiracy theories as false, not to mention hes also said many other times he was only offered Hulk after he retired. I think the source of this is bc Stone Cold fans cant accept he was no longer the top man.

I have a question, its well known he was suppose to drop the undisputed title to Hunter at Mania x8, so by your logic he was asked to do that and face Hulk? So what were Rocks original plans???? There has never been any rumors of any bc there never was any. Once Steve refused to job to Hunter he got buried in the midcard. Not to mention its well known Vince hates Hulk and bashes him every chance he gets, there is no way he would ever want Hulk to beat either of his two top men. This is just Austin fans making stuff up to discredit Rock yet you guys claim you hate when Rock marks do it smh.
Icon_Vs_Icon is offline  
Old 01-15-2013, 12:22 PM   #114 (permalink)
Little Poppa Pump
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,421
promoter2003 needs to make some friendspromoter2003 needs to make some friendspromoter2003 needs to make some friendspromoter2003 needs to make some friendspromoter2003 needs to make some friendspromoter2003 needs to make some friendspromoter2003 needs to make some friendspromoter2003 needs to make some friends
Default Re: Why did Hogan job to The Rock, but not Austin?

Icon vs. Icon I like the fact you think you know everything. First the guys you claim were "fans" were insiders that worked for sports radio that are wrestling media people like Dave Meltzer. I also said the talk happened the same night Hogan/Rock happened as it was the post game show right after the event finished. It wasn't even made a big deal either as it was a passing comment.

Austin vs. Rock was going to happen at WM 18 first and I told you that there was even promotional pics taken with Austin and Rock with the Mayor of Toronto Mel Lastman in the middle of them. This was MONTHS before Hogan came back to the company. These promo pics were taken in the summer of 2001. I don't know what else to tell you, but to research that info and see for yourself.

Just as in 1990 when Hogan and Warrior took promotional pics at the Skydome which made front page news BEFORE the whole angle played off on television with the two when there was no sign of the match even looking like a possibility. I ask you this where did you think Austin/HHH was heading to as the 2 Man Power Trip? I also ask you who was the guy that was put into the angle in the summer and ended up facing Austin at SummerSlam 2001? Kurt Angle was inserted into the angle and ended up with HHH's role. Steve Austin wasn't even Undisputed Champion when HHH got injured, but the WWF Champion. The WWF Title match was planned to be Austin/HHH at SummerSlam 2001.

Why do you think the company called Rock back early in the summer of 2001 when HHH went on the shelf? Do you think that the company was not going to have Rock get his win back from the way Austin stole the title from him? Why do you think the match ended up happening at WM 19 with Rock finally getting his win?

As for the paranoia that was touched upon what you are saying is basically what I was saying paraphrased. Austin didn't like how Hogan and the nWo came in and got billing over him just like how it occurred in wcw.
promoter2003 is offline  
Old 01-15-2013, 12:25 PM   #115 (permalink)
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
LeapingLannyPoffo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 5,127
LeapingLannyPoffo LeapingLannyPoffo LeapingLannyPoffo LeapingLannyPoffo LeapingLannyPoffo LeapingLannyPoffo LeapingLannyPoffo LeapingLannyPoffo LeapingLannyPoffo LeapingLannyPoffo LeapingLannyPoffo
Default Re: Why did Hogan job to The Rock, but not Austin?

I think it's time we merge this into the GOAT sticky thread.
__________________
Seabs is a retrard
LeapingLannyPoffo is offline  
Old 01-15-2013, 01:18 PM   #116 (permalink)
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,876
Bossdude needs to take rep more seriousBossdude needs to take rep more seriousBossdude needs to take rep more seriousBossdude needs to take rep more seriousBossdude needs to take rep more seriousBossdude needs to take rep more seriousBossdude needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: Why did Hogan job to The Rock, but not Austin?

Hogan would have put Austin over if Austin ever had a match with him

But Austin has said several times he does not want to work with Hogan
Bossdude is offline  
Old 01-15-2013, 01:22 PM   #117 (permalink)
Challenging SCOTT STEINER's authority
 
Terry Gyimah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,774
Terry Gyimah needs to take rep more seriousTerry Gyimah needs to take rep more seriousTerry Gyimah needs to take rep more seriousTerry Gyimah needs to take rep more seriousTerry Gyimah needs to take rep more seriousTerry Gyimah needs to take rep more seriousTerry Gyimah needs to take rep more seriousTerry Gyimah needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: Why did Hogan job to The Rock, but not Austin?

No Hogan probably would have not put Austin over and instead would have buried him
Terry Gyimah is offline  
Old 01-15-2013, 01:24 PM   #118 (permalink)
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,876
Bossdude needs to take rep more seriousBossdude needs to take rep more seriousBossdude needs to take rep more seriousBossdude needs to take rep more seriousBossdude needs to take rep more seriousBossdude needs to take rep more seriousBossdude needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: Why did Hogan job to The Rock, but not Austin?

2002 Hogan jobbed to Rock, HHH, Angle, Undertaker and Lesnar

why wouldnt he job to Austin?
Bossdude is offline  
Old 01-15-2013, 01:28 PM   #119 (permalink)
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
LeapingLannyPoffo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 5,127
LeapingLannyPoffo LeapingLannyPoffo LeapingLannyPoffo LeapingLannyPoffo LeapingLannyPoffo LeapingLannyPoffo LeapingLannyPoffo LeapingLannyPoffo LeapingLannyPoffo LeapingLannyPoffo LeapingLannyPoffo
Default Re: Why did Hogan job to The Rock, but not Austin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossdude View Post
2002 Hogan jobbed to Rock, HHH, Angle, Undertaker and Lesnar

why wouldnt he job to Austin?
Because Austin likes to hold grudges.
__________________
Seabs is a retrard
LeapingLannyPoffo is offline  
Old 01-15-2013, 01:32 PM   #120 (permalink)
Challenging SCOTT STEINER's authority
 
JAROTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 4,827
JAROTO needs to make some friendsJAROTO needs to make some friendsJAROTO needs to make some friendsJAROTO needs to make some friendsJAROTO needs to make some friendsJAROTO needs to make some friendsJAROTO needs to make some friendsJAROTO needs to make some friendsJAROTO needs to make some friendsJAROTO needs to make some friendsJAROTO needs to make some friends
Default Re: Why did Hogan job to The Rock, but not Austin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinJackal View Post
Probably a similar reason to why Austin refused to job to Brock Lesnar. Or maybe Hogan just didn't respect Austin enough to do the job.
It can't be the same reason as Austin/Lesnar. Austin didn't job to Lesnar 'cause they wanted him to do the job at a RAW episode. He thought this deserved a planned feud and to take place at a big PPV.
JAROTO is online now  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios