Explain how Goldberg is still awesome and Ryback sucks? - Page 12 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 01-11-2013, 03:59 PM   #111 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
weProtectUs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bronx, NY
Posts: 768
weProtectUs should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsweProtectUs should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsweProtectUs should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsweProtectUs should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsweProtectUs should be embarassed if they have more than 50 posts
Default Re: Explain how Goldberg is still awesome and Ryback sucks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeloader View Post
Other than "he's a ripoff of Goldberg" because I could just as easily cite Ric Flair as an even bigger ripoff, or numerous other wrestlers, and kill that argument cold.

Seriously, what about Ryback is so logically different that he's terrible and Bill Goldberg is the fucking man? Many of you are the same people who thought Goldberg was the shit 10+ years ago, and now a guy with some similarities to him has appeared, and people are burying him and claiming he sucks. It's as if he "sucks" because a few people up here said it, and their opinions came to be your opinions, rather than you forming your own opinion.

I see Ryback in the ring, and I see a guy who is filling a very specific role - a big hulking tank like wrestler who is clearly a hevyweight, and a guy who fills the "Shit just got real" gap that WWE had since The Undertaker began working part time a few years ago. His in ring skills are not terrible. He's had a few botches, sure. Do some of you forget Bill Goldberg has more than a few botches as well? Ask Bret Hart.

Now, you can certainly make the argument that Goldberg may be a more talented in ring performer, or maybe you cannot, but I just don't see one or the other as vastly better. Goldberg was booked to the moon. He destroyed everyone, even moreso than Ryback has. He sold like shit often. His matches were short. His mic skills were decent, nothing spectacular.

How is Ryback so terrible and Goldberg so great? Do people have a view of Goldberg from their childhood that didn't really exist? What things made Goldberg that much more "epic" than Ryback? Multiple sentence answers would be preferred.
First of all Ric Flair may have stole Buddy Rogers gimmick but he reinvented it in a way that was unique to him. Ryback, in my opinion he looks stupid he looks like he dressed up as RVD for Halloween. Compare the entrances of Goldberg and Ryback, when Goldberg was standing in the pyro, blowing smoke out of his nose, it was like a sub-human beast was coming to kill you. Ryback, on the other hand is no different than other "monsters", like Snitsky or Mike Knox, except on way more juice. Goldberg was more charismatic, while all of Ryback's "charisma", is based on the fact that he is big. Goldberg move-set is more impressive, had a better finisher, and more diverse moves.
__________________
weProtectUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 01-11-2013, 04:06 PM   #112 (permalink)
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
SinJackal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,243
SinJackal probably won't be missedSinJackal probably won't be missedSinJackal probably won't be missedSinJackal probably won't be missedSinJackal probably won't be missedSinJackal probably won't be missedSinJackal probably won't be missedSinJackal probably won't be missedSinJackal probably won't be missedSinJackal probably won't be missedSinJackal probably won't be missed
Default Re: Explain how Goldberg is still awesome and Ryback sucks?

Still the same dozen people in every Ryback thread hating on him and making the same lame excuses for it.

I swear at this point it's resembling the "nerd table" during lunch, where all the nerds crowd together over a table in the corner and talk about how much they hate the jocks and popular chicks. And how badass it was when the science teacher told the gym teacher some science joke that he didn't get. Oooo, such a sick burn!
SinJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:16 PM   #113 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
weProtectUs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bronx, NY
Posts: 768
weProtectUs should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsweProtectUs should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsweProtectUs should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsweProtectUs should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsweProtectUs should be embarassed if they have more than 50 posts
Default Re: Explain how Goldberg is still awesome and Ryback sucks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinJackal View Post
Still the same dozen people in every Ryback thread hating on him and making the same lame excuses for it.

I swear at this point it's resembling the "nerd table" during lunch, where all the nerds crowd together over a table in the corner and talk about how much they hate the jocks and popular chicks. And how badass it was when the science teacher told the gym teacher some science joke that he didn't get. Oooo, such a sick burn!
Comparing people who criticize Ryback to "nerds", doesn't change the fact that he sucks.
__________________
weProtectUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:18 PM   #114 (permalink)
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
SinJackal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,243
SinJackal probably won't be missedSinJackal probably won't be missedSinJackal probably won't be missedSinJackal probably won't be missedSinJackal probably won't be missedSinJackal probably won't be missedSinJackal probably won't be missedSinJackal probably won't be missedSinJackal probably won't be missedSinJackal probably won't be missedSinJackal probably won't be missed
Default Re: Explain how Goldberg is still awesome and Ryback sucks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by weProtectUs View Post
Comparing people who criticize Ryback to "nerds", doesn't change the fact that he sucks.
Your opinion being that he sucks doesn't change the fact that he doesn't.
SinJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:19 PM   #115 (permalink)
Beefcake!! BEEFCAKE!!
 
Stone Cold Steve Austin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: South Park
Posts: 11,750
Stone Cold Steve Austin is getting a pushStone Cold Steve Austin is getting a pushStone Cold Steve Austin is getting a pushStone Cold Steve Austin is getting a pushStone Cold Steve Austin is getting a pushStone Cold Steve Austin is getting a pushStone Cold Steve Austin is getting a pushStone Cold Steve Austin is getting a pushStone Cold Steve Austin is getting a pushStone Cold Steve Austin is getting a pushStone Cold Steve Austin is getting a push
Default Re: Explain how Goldberg is still awesome and Ryback sucks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinJackal View Post
Still the same dozen people in every Ryback thread hating on him and making the same lame excuses for it.

I swear at this point it's resembling the "nerd table" during lunch, where all the nerds crowd together over a table in the corner and talk about how much they hate the jocks and popular chicks. And how badass it was when the science teacher told the gym teacher some science joke that he didn't get. Oooo, such a sick burn!
And still the same posters defending him. You're no better.
Stone Cold Steve Austin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:22 PM   #116 (permalink)
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
SinJackal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,243
SinJackal probably won't be missedSinJackal probably won't be missedSinJackal probably won't be missedSinJackal probably won't be missedSinJackal probably won't be missedSinJackal probably won't be missedSinJackal probably won't be missedSinJackal probably won't be missedSinJackal probably won't be missedSinJackal probably won't be missedSinJackal probably won't be missed
Default Re: Explain how Goldberg is still awesome and Ryback sucks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.W.H. View Post
And still the same posters defending him. You're no better.
My mindset is better actually. I'm open-minded enough to give wrestlers a chance, and will look at their merits, rather than blindly ignore everything good about a guy and just keep saying the same redundant (and in many cases not even applicable) shit about his one or two faults over and over just because I don't like him for some lame ass reason.
SinJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:32 PM   #117 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
weProtectUs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bronx, NY
Posts: 768
weProtectUs should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsweProtectUs should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsweProtectUs should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsweProtectUs should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsweProtectUs should be embarassed if they have more than 50 posts
Default Re: Explain how Goldberg is still awesome and Ryback sucks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinJackal View Post
My mindset is better actually. I'm open-minded enough to give wrestlers a chance, and will look at their merits, rather than blindly ignore everything good about a guy and just keep saying the same redundant (and in many cases not even applicable) shit about his one or two faults over and over just because I don't like him for some lame ass reason.
Just like our criticisms of Ryback are opinions, your critique of "Ryback-Haters" opinions isn't truth either, nobones criticism is absolute truth.
__________________
weProtectUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:45 PM   #118 (permalink)
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
SinJackal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,243
SinJackal probably won't be missedSinJackal probably won't be missedSinJackal probably won't be missedSinJackal probably won't be missedSinJackal probably won't be missedSinJackal probably won't be missedSinJackal probably won't be missedSinJackal probably won't be missedSinJackal probably won't be missedSinJackal probably won't be missedSinJackal probably won't be missed
Default Re: Explain how Goldberg is still awesome and Ryback sucks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by weProtectUs View Post
Just like our criticisms of Ryback are opinions, your critique of "Ryback-Haters" opinions isn't truth either, nobones criticism is absolute truth.
Absolute truth? Please son. The only truth you speak is when you say your opinion is that you hate him. Which means next to nothing. Claiming that he sucks on the other hand, is far from the truth.

You hating something, and it actually sucking are two different things entirely. Ryback is cheered, liked, and successful. He entertains many people doing a job which the goal is to entertain. Therefore he doesn't suck.
SinJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:55 PM   #119 (permalink)
Beefcake!! BEEFCAKE!!
 
Stone Cold Steve Austin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: South Park
Posts: 11,750
Stone Cold Steve Austin is getting a pushStone Cold Steve Austin is getting a pushStone Cold Steve Austin is getting a pushStone Cold Steve Austin is getting a pushStone Cold Steve Austin is getting a pushStone Cold Steve Austin is getting a pushStone Cold Steve Austin is getting a pushStone Cold Steve Austin is getting a pushStone Cold Steve Austin is getting a pushStone Cold Steve Austin is getting a pushStone Cold Steve Austin is getting a push
Default Re: Explain how Goldberg is still awesome and Ryback sucks?

Ryback the future of WWE? HAHA!!!!!!!!!!
Stone Cold Steve Austin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:05 PM   #120 (permalink)
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
WWCturbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Youtube
Posts: 3,171
WWCturbo needs to make some friendsWWCturbo needs to make some friendsWWCturbo needs to make some friendsWWCturbo needs to make some friendsWWCturbo needs to make some friendsWWCturbo needs to make some friendsWWCturbo needs to make some friendsWWCturbo needs to make some friendsWWCturbo needs to make some friendsWWCturbo needs to make some friendsWWCturbo needs to make some friends
Default Re: Explain how Goldberg is still awesome and Ryback sucks?

Goldberg is the fucking Nightmare on Elm Street franchise and Ryback is a 2010 remake. How can Ryback be already considered better than the King of Jews? It's ridiculous.
__________________
WWCturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios