Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
Join Date: Jan 2009
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: What would you do to modernize wrestling
Realism -> damn wrestlers aren't just ballerina, they are actually badass :
- training footages (I love them in MMA).
- reality TV (training and interacting outside the arenas).
- secondary show made to explain the events outside the arenas.
- backstage actions focused on matches.
- ranking (massive ladder tournament to determine the challengers for titles).
- more freaking tournaments for belts (instead of improptu matches).
- faces aren't invincible and heels aren't losers.
- you can win without a finisher.
- realistic selling of moves.
- submission matters.
- more wrestling.
- better writing.
- less comedy.
- less soap operas.
- prepare storylines for one period of two months and stop changing them during shows.
- short and percussive vignettes just before the match instead of long promos during weeks.
- bad ass entrances but with less pyros (think Goldberg).
- no love stories.
- find other ideas than respect.
- less social media.
- focused commentators speaking about the current matches and wrestlers.
- copy UFC marketing methods.
- divide WWE in three shows (RAW = realist, NXT = keep it as it's, Smackdown in between).
Last edited by Yamada_Taro; 12-18-2012 at 05:57 AM.