Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums

Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums (http://www.wrestlingforum.com/)
-   General WWE (http://www.wrestlingforum.com/general-wwe/)
-   -   The legacy45: Bad Ass Billy Gunn (http://www.wrestlingforum.com/general-wwe/643971-legacy45-bad-ass-billy-gunn.html)

theidealstranger 11-17-2012 07:14 AM

The legacy45: Bad Ass Billy Gunn
 
One half of the tag team champions for fourteen times across five promotions with four different partners, his career as a tag team specialist should be nothing short of a legend.

Most famed for the New Age Outlaws run and having partnered the most with Road Dogg who took care of the mic most of the time for the team, he also played a cowboy in smoking gunns, Rockabilly with a guitar, Mr. Ass, The One Billy Gunn, fake homosexual with Chuck other than his TNA runs.

How do you see his legacy?

Hamada 11-17-2012 08:26 AM

Re: The legacy45: Bad Ass Billy Gunn
 
BEWP BEWP!

Dusty Roids 11-17-2012 08:56 AM

Re: The legacy45: Bad Ass Billy Gunn
 
He was an okay midcarder. He was never underrated and he isn't an excellent wrestler thus I chose "Overrated".

waveofthefuture 11-17-2012 11:19 AM

Billy Gunn imo was one of the first guys to get the main event test run fued. Yea guys before who was upper midcards got a run wit a main eventer much like u see in recent years they shott a rocket up his ass and for what eva reason they were not happy with what they seen. Maby it was his attitiude but 99 Gunn was the one to watch kotr,hardcore,tagream u name it he had his shot and made most of it

JaredStyles96 11-17-2012 11:36 AM

Re: The legacy45: Bad Ass Billy Gunn
 
An average wrestler that wasn't a Legend or GOAT; so I also had to choose 'Overrated'.

Ndiech 11-17-2012 11:46 AM

Re: The legacy45: Bad Ass Billy Gunn
 
i was a little kid then.he gave me alot of cringeworthy family moments with his antics/gimmick so i say fuck em.
I'm Semi-exaggerating.
I chose overrated.instant channel changer back then.

Green Light 11-17-2012 11:53 AM

Re: The legacy45: Bad Ass Billy Gunn
 
Bad Ass Billy GOAT

ROGERTHAT21 11-17-2012 11:58 AM

Re: The legacy45: Bad Ass Billy Gunn
 
Wasn't really that big of a fan of him. However, I do recognize he had a good look, some charisma, above above (I know I put it twice) average mic skills, and was one-half of probably the most popular Attitude Era tag team. So I chose underrated. But that's just because I don't think he's overrated, a legend, or a GOAT. Should've had some better choices in this poll. He could've been a nice upper midcarder (no main event stints though). However, I feel they pushed him too early and against the wrong guy, I'm sure you all remember how that ended up:


So...yeah. Doesn't help that he sort of screwed it up for himself as well later on by getting caught cheating. Oh, and then challenging Triple H to a fight when he left the company.

theidealstranger 11-17-2012 12:48 PM

Re: The legacy45: Bad Ass Billy Gunn
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaredStyles96 (Post 12274883)
An average wrestler that wasn't a Legend or GOAT; so I also had to choose 'Overrated'.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dusty Roids (Post 12274510)
He was an okay midcarder. He was never underrated and he isn't an excellent wrestler thus I chose "Overrated".

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROGERTHAT21 (Post 12274983)
Wasn't really that big of a fan of him. However, I do recognize he had a good look, some charisma, above above (I know I put it twice) average mic skills, and was one-half of probably the most popular Attitude Era tag team. So I chose underrated. But that's just because I don't think he's overrated, a legend, or a GOAT. Should've had some better choices in this poll. He could've been a nice upper midcarder (no main event stints though). However, I feel they pushed him too early and against the wrong guy, I'm sure you all remember how that ended up:


So...yeah. Doesn't help that he sort of screwed it up for himself as well later on by getting caught cheating. Oh, and then challenging Triple H to a fight when he left the company.

Well, I do recognize and accept that the "excellent" word in third choice was a mistake. It should have been a "good to ok" making the poll more viable I suppose. Thanks for pointing that out.

dangreenday 11-17-2012 12:49 PM

Re: The legacy45: Bad Ass Billy Gunn
 
i think hes an excellent wrestler but not goat annnndd underated too!! he was always a great part of WWF ! very entertaining


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2