Re: Was Eddie Guerrero a legit WWE Champion?
Loved his matches and his mic work he had the full package in terms of ability, and he did deserve the WWE Championship no doubt about it.
I am probably one of the few people who though Eddie was overhyped... The only thing that annoys me is that next to Lesner and Batista, Eddie was so over rated by the IWC, I really cannot see that much in him compared to other WWE superstars that were around at the time. He was great but compared to how he is treated on these forums he certainly wasn't THAT great... He was a guy who deserved one or two runs as champion, no more than 4 at least. He was never up there with the Hogans, or Rocks or Austins...
Now during Eddie's title reign I actually stopped watching the WWe after being starting uni that year, I didn't watch WWE again until 2009. So try not to take everything aboard that I say as gospel for who knows what he did afterwards was probably pretty good... I never saw the Raw is Eddie show and didn't know he died until 2009 when I came back to watching WWE.
Eddie is actually in my Top 40 of all time but I am betting for alot of people he will be in their top 10. Its not a problem for me, more of a nit pick I guess.
Top 10 WWE Matches of 2016
1. Gargano and Ciampa v The Revival: NxT TakeOver Toronto
2. Sami Zayn vs Shinsuke Nakamura: NxT TakeOver Dallas
3. American Alpha vs The Revival, NxT TakeOver Dallas
4. Miz v Dolph Ziggler: No Mercy
5. Cedric Alexander v Kota Ibushi, CWC
6. John Cena v AJ Styles Summerslam 2016
7. Kevin Owens v Sami Zayn, Battleground 2016
8. TJ Perkins v Kota Ibushi: CWC Finals
9. Sami Zayn vs Kevin Owens, Payback 2016
10. Revival vs American Alpha, NxT TakeOver The End
Last edited by ellthom; 11-15-2012 at 05:52 AM.