John Cena: First Ballot Hall of Famer - Page 5 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 11-12-2012, 06:48 PM   #41 (permalink)
Challenging SCOTT STEINER's authority
 
ManiacMichaelMyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,705
ManiacMichaelMyers probably won't be missedManiacMichaelMyers probably won't be missedManiacMichaelMyers probably won't be missedManiacMichaelMyers probably won't be missedManiacMichaelMyers probably won't be missedManiacMichaelMyers probably won't be missedManiacMichaelMyers probably won't be missedManiacMichaelMyers probably won't be missedManiacMichaelMyers probably won't be missedManiacMichaelMyers probably won't be missedManiacMichaelMyers probably won't be missed
Default Re: John Cena: First Ballot Hall of Famer

Really only liked Thuganomics Cena. Ever since he dropped that gimmick way back when he's sucked and been forced down our throats. His initial big push culminated in them changing the WWE Championship into a spinner belt for godsakes. If he quit tomorrow I would not give a fuck because I'm sick of his lame ass, suck-up, goody goody character.

WWE really is at fault here because fans have been clamoring for heel Cena forever now and we've not been delivered it this entire time (years). Really the only thing John Cena has proved is that he can get 5 year olds and their mommies to root for him. He's this generations Real American Hogan but a million times worse (because R.A. Hogan was awesome brotherrrrr, at least for awhile.)
__________________
Undertaker

KEEP
CALM

AND
REST
IN
PEACE
ManiacMichaelMyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 11-12-2012, 06:52 PM   #42 (permalink)
Moron
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 57
Goodell Mark
Default Re: John Cena: First Ballot Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMichaelMyers View Post
Really only liked Thuganomics Cena. Ever since he dropped that gimmick way back when he's sucked and been forced down our throats. His initial big push culminated in them changing the WWE Championship into a spinner belt for godsakes. If he quit tomorrow I would not give a fuck because I'm sick of his lame ass, suck-up, goody goody character.

WWE really is at fault here because fans have been clamoring for heel Cena forever now and we've not been delivered it this entire time (years). Really the only thing John Cena has proved is that he can get 5 year olds and their mommies to root for him. He's this generations Real American Hogan but a million times worse (because R.A. Hogan was awesome brotherrrrr, at least for awhile.)
What does your dislike of him have ANYTHING to do with his HOF success?
Goodell Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:04 PM   #43 (permalink)
Challenging SCOTT STEINER's authority
 
ManiacMichaelMyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,705
ManiacMichaelMyers probably won't be missedManiacMichaelMyers probably won't be missedManiacMichaelMyers probably won't be missedManiacMichaelMyers probably won't be missedManiacMichaelMyers probably won't be missedManiacMichaelMyers probably won't be missedManiacMichaelMyers probably won't be missedManiacMichaelMyers probably won't be missedManiacMichaelMyers probably won't be missedManiacMichaelMyers probably won't be missedManiacMichaelMyers probably won't be missed
Default Re: John Cena: First Ballot Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodell Mark View Post
What does your dislike of him have ANYTHING to do with his HOF success?
It doesn't have anything to do with the fact that others put him in there, it's just that I don't find him worthy to be in any HOF. He's just a forced 'fan favorite' and not the real deal. When half of the audience legitimately hates you as a face, that's not really the reaction you're looking for. Sure the other half loves him, but they're children and don't know any better.

I think a HOF should have been more universally over. Almost everyone loved Real American Hogan (of course some didn't but the strong majority seemed to), same with Warrior, Savage, Austin, Rock, and on and on.

John was forced into his headliner role. Forced. Forced. Forced.

Undeserving IMO.

Still it doesn't matter because who recognizes this obscure HOF outside this thread anyhow?
__________________
Undertaker

KEEP
CALM

AND
REST
IN
PEACE
ManiacMichaelMyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:25 PM   #44 (permalink)
Moron
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 57
Goodell Mark
Default Re: John Cena: First Ballot Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMichaelMyers View Post
It doesn't have anything to do with the fact that others put him in there, it's just that I don't find him worthy to be in any HOF. He's just a forced 'fan favorite' and not the real deal. When half of the audience legitimately hates you as a face, that's not really the reaction you're looking for. Sure the other half loves him, but they're children and don't know any better.

I think a HOF should have been more universally over. Almost everyone loved Real American Hogan (of course some didn't but the strong majority seemed to), same with Warrior, Savage, Austin, Rock, and on and on.

John was forced into his headliner role. Forced. Forced. Forced.

Undeserving IMO.

Still it doesn't matter because who recognizes this obscure HOF outside this thread anyhow?
Nobodies such as Dwayne Johnson and Bret Hart have shared the respect and honor they've had to be inducted into it.

Your opinion of Cena is irrelevant. EVERYONE ELSE in his time has failed to live up to his standard as a centerpiece of the industry when given the huge push for a number of reasons, including just not having the same level of drawing ability (CM Punk and Randy Orton) and being injury-prone (Edge and Batista.)

Cena got over by taking a huge risk to break out from the pack in 2002, and then modifying it in 2004-05 because he (correctly) saw that doing the Eminem gimmick was going to keep him from reaching his full superstar potential.
Goodell Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:32 PM   #45 (permalink)
Challenging SCOTT STEINER's authority
 
ManiacMichaelMyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,705
ManiacMichaelMyers probably won't be missedManiacMichaelMyers probably won't be missedManiacMichaelMyers probably won't be missedManiacMichaelMyers probably won't be missedManiacMichaelMyers probably won't be missedManiacMichaelMyers probably won't be missedManiacMichaelMyers probably won't be missedManiacMichaelMyers probably won't be missedManiacMichaelMyers probably won't be missedManiacMichaelMyers probably won't be missedManiacMichaelMyers probably won't be missed
Default Re: John Cena: First Ballot Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodell Mark View Post
Nobodies such as Dwayne Johnson and Bret Hart have shared the respect and honor they've had to be inducted into it.

Your opinion of Cena is irrelevant. EVERYONE ELSE in his time has failed to live up to his standard as a centerpiece of the industry when given the huge push for a number of reasons, including just not having the same level of drawing ability (CM Punk and Randy Orton) and being injury-prone (Edge and Batista.)

Cena got over by taking a huge risk to break out from the pack in 2002, and then modifying it in 2004-05 because he (correctly) saw that doing the Eminem gimmick was going to keep him from reaching his full superstar potential.
Whatever. Cena sucks. But go ahead and cheer his pointless induction.
__________________
Undertaker

KEEP
CALM

AND
REST
IN
PEACE
ManiacMichaelMyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:01 PM   #46 (permalink)
Moron
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,832
austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T
Default Re: John Cena: First Ballot Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleG View Post
He gets in the Hall of Fame by virtue of being the face of the WWE (which has run pretty much unopposed at the top of Wrestling for over a decade) and not much else.
Being the face and being unopposed at the top is a pretty huge achievement-Something many greats and 'so called greats' haven't been able to do
austin316 G.O.A.T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:36 PM   #47 (permalink)
Working on my possession
 
DualShock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 4,611
DualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselves
Default Re: John Cena: First Ballot Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodell Mark View Post
What does your dislike of him have ANYTHING to do with his HOF success?
And what has your opinion and dislike of "keyboard warriors and hypocrites" anything to do with this news?
If you posted only the news in the WWE section then no problem but it seems like you try to prove here something, "Cena is now in the Hall of Fame, you must feel real dumb now"
No, Cena sucks and why should a HOF induction change my mind about him. Even if The Rock, Stone Cold and Hulk Hogan vote and inducted him all together this would not change my mind about him. You embarrass yourself like these fans who say "he sucks because he can't draw" because you say "he is inducted in the HOF so that means that he doesn't suck"

Bruno Sammartino hated Stone Cold as champion and would probably induct him as the last guy in the HOF. That means that Stone Cold is the worst champion in WWE history because a legend like Sammartino would induct everybody but him.

Look at the nonsense you posted
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodell Mark View Post
This speaks volumes in that it wasn't the WWE machine that forced Cena in, he was VOTED in by an uncount number of his most successful colleagues from various parts of the industry.
LOL you really believe that the WWE machine wasn't responsible for that indirectly?
You think that if the WWE machine hasn't pushed him to the moon that the people from various parts of the industry would vote for him? If he had a career like Gregory Helms or Sylvan Grenier nobody would vote for him.
Please induct Kevin Nash next year in this Hall of Fame but not because of nWo but because of his run as Diesel in 1995.
-He was a champion for a year
-He was the leader of his generation, the New Generation
-the company was still #1 in USA
-he main evented every PPV
-the Raw ratings were always around the fantastic 2.5-3.0
-although he was not responsible for a wrestlingboom 1995 at least wrestling didn't disappear and that means that he saved the business in one way or another

If Cena is HOF material and can be compared with The Rock, Hulk Hogan and Stone Cold because of his accomplishments then Diesel derves it also.
Screw the nWo, Kevin Nash was 1995 already in the same league as Hulk Hogan

Jack Swagger accomplished in his career more than Roddy Piper, Rick Rude and Jake Roberts combined but he is still nothing and these guys are legends. You don't achieve greatness with title and Royal Rumble wins
DualShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:02 PM   #48 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 125
Buff Ted
Default Re: John Cena: First Ballot Hall of Famer

He's pretty strong, so this isn't surprising. A weakling like CM Punk won't get in his first time next year when he turns 35.
Buff Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:06 PM   #49 (permalink)
If I really don't like someone, I call them a Tony Schiavone.---Ron Funches
 
xoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 10,891
xoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselves
Default Re: John Cena: First Ballot Hall of Famer

But who's basing it on title wins & Royal Rumble matches?


And why is everybody butt hurt that he got voted in? It's an irrelevant hall of fame that has no affect on anything, anywhere, ever. I don't even read the Observer, so if they voted Joey Maggs in, I wouldn't give a fuck but it's weird to see so many people butt hurt over nothing but a massive opinion from a dirt sheet.

Quit taking Wrestling Observer shit to heart. It has as much importance as Team Foley/Team Ziggler.
xoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:51 PM   #50 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
StonecoldGoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Pakistan
Posts: 689
StonecoldGoat needs to take rep more seriousStonecoldGoat needs to take rep more seriousStonecoldGoat needs to take rep more seriousStonecoldGoat needs to take rep more seriousStonecoldGoat needs to take rep more seriousStonecoldGoat needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: John Cena: First Ballot Hall of Famer

He is By far the Biggest Star In WWE today For quite some while now...May not be a huge legend,But Ofcourse he is a huge star.
__________________
StonecoldGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios