is being the biggest draw a good enough reason to be considered the goat ? - Page 4 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 12:52 AM   #31 (permalink)
Moron
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,833
austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T
Default Re: is being the biggest draw a good enough reason to be considered the goat ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanford View Post
So you found Bret Hart matches boring, and you say Steve Austin is more entertaining. So why are you so afraid to say that Austin was better at pro wrestling?

And on what planet is Tom Cruise more entertaining than Robert freaking Deniro? You've got this weird dichotomy of "better" and "more entertaining", when the two should be, in the entertainment industry, exactly the same thing.
1.Wrestling-

Who has better in-ring skills-Bret Hart
Who was better at promos and who was better entertainer-Stone Cold

This is a general opinion

My personal feeling-
Bret was a great technician but he was boring to me.

Austin was an out and out brawler but I enjoyed him more

2.Acting-

My opinion :

Cruise has had more entertaining movies than De Niro

De Niro had more talent in acting skills than Cruise.

But Tom Cruise>De Niro
austin316 G.O.A.T is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 09-29-2012, 12:58 AM   #32 (permalink)
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
Stanford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,943
Stanford needs to make some friendsStanford needs to make some friendsStanford needs to make some friendsStanford needs to make some friendsStanford needs to make some friendsStanford needs to make some friendsStanford needs to make some friendsStanford needs to make some friendsStanford needs to make some friendsStanford needs to make some friendsStanford needs to make some friends
Default Re: is being the biggest draw a good enough reason to be considered the goat ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin316 G.O.A.T View Post
Who has better in-ring skills-Bret Hart
Who was better at promos and who was better entertainer-Stone Cold

This is a general opinion
I know. People are afraid to criticize Bret's place at the top the the "in ring ability" list, but are totally willing to call his matches boring. It's ridiculous; especially when you put him up against Austin, who holds just as much of a place at the top of that list, and then come up with only "he's a brawler" as evidence to why his "ring skills" weren't great.

Quote:
Cruise has had more entertaining movies than De Niro
As a whole? Eh, alright. You're entitled to your opinion. Give me DeNiro's body of work over Cruise's any day of the week though.
__________________

I am an All Time Great.
Stanford is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 01:01 AM   #33 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 287
Shutthehellup Shutthehellup
Default Re: Is being the biggest draw a good enough reason to be considered the goat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanford View Post
Fine, then just put it that way. If you think Tom Cruise is a better actor than Marlon Brando, just come out and say it. A little more honesty, and a little less ambiguity. Please.
Brando was more talented.

Harrison Ford was a bigger star.

Something like this-Ric Flair was a better performer but Hogan was bigger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanford View Post
So you found Bret Hart matches boring, and you say Steve Austin is more entertaining. So why are you so afraid to say that Austin was better at pro wrestling?

And on what planet is Tom Cruise more entertaining than Robert freaking Deniro? You've got this weird dichotomy of "better" and "more entertaining", when the two should be, in the entertainment industry, exactly the same thing.
I think he meant De Niro was more talented while Tom Cruise has been at better and more successful movies




Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeee View Post
Drawing ability is the only objective criteria by which you can judge a wrestler.
True.This is why Hogan is the greatest.
Shutthehellup is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 01:01 AM   #34 (permalink)
Working on my abs
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,756
Geeee needs to take rep more seriousGeeee needs to take rep more seriousGeeee needs to take rep more seriousGeeee needs to take rep more seriousGeeee needs to take rep more seriousGeeee needs to take rep more seriousGeeee needs to take rep more seriousGeeee needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: Is being the biggest draw a good enough reason to be considered the goat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanford View Post
Who cares about objective criteria in art?
Because otherwise you can only have a personal G.O.A.T. list or someone else's personal G.O.A.T. list.
Geeee is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 01:05 AM   #35 (permalink)
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
Stanford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,943
Stanford needs to make some friendsStanford needs to make some friendsStanford needs to make some friendsStanford needs to make some friendsStanford needs to make some friendsStanford needs to make some friendsStanford needs to make some friendsStanford needs to make some friendsStanford needs to make some friendsStanford needs to make some friendsStanford needs to make some friends
Default Re: Is being the biggest draw a good enough reason to be considered the goat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeee View Post
Because otherwise you can only have a personal G.O.A.T. list or someone else's personal G.O.A.T. list.
Well, god forbid! That might involve discussing your beloved hobby with peers, studying your beloved hobby on recorded tape, or, hell, maybe even a little introspection! We definitely wouldn't want that.

You're right; Hogan is the best.
__________________

I am an All Time Great.
Stanford is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 01:24 AM   #36 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,010
nmadankumar
Default Re: is being the biggest draw a good enough reason to be considered the goat ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin316 G.O.A.T View Post
1.Wrestling-

Who has better in-ring skills-Bret Hart
Who was better at promos and who was better entertainer-Stone Cold

This is a general opinion

My personal feeling-
Bret was a great technician but he was boring to me.

Austin was an out and out brawler but I enjoyed him more

2.Acting-

My opinion :

Cruise has had more entertaining movies than De Niro

De Niro had more talent in acting skills than Cruise.

But Tom Cruise>De Niro
So you think Bret's matches with Austin were boring?
nmadankumar is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 01:30 AM   #37 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,010
nmadankumar
Default Re: is being the biggest draw a good enough reason to be considered the goat ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
I'll put it this way. When I say Austin is the best ever, I'm not using his drawing as the criteria whatsoever, I say it because I legitimately believe he's the best, most entertainer performer ever, but I'll use the drawing to benefit an argument.

Also, comparing wrestling to acting is apples and oranges. The reason the biggest drawing actors aren't considered the GOAT's is because films aren't one giant company that will live or die based on revenue like a wrestling companies will.
Wrestling and acting are two sides of the same coin. It's all about money and entertainment, it's about drawing power, good script and deliverance, it's showbiz.
nmadankumar is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 01:34 AM   #38 (permalink)
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
Stanford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,943
Stanford needs to make some friendsStanford needs to make some friendsStanford needs to make some friendsStanford needs to make some friendsStanford needs to make some friendsStanford needs to make some friendsStanford needs to make some friendsStanford needs to make some friendsStanford needs to make some friendsStanford needs to make some friendsStanford needs to make some friends
Default Re: is being the biggest draw a good enough reason to be considered the goat ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmadankumar View Post
Wrestling and acting are two sides of the same coin. It's all about money and entertainment, it's about drawing power, good script and deliverance, it's showbiz.
Except for the fact that the man just explained to you why they're different... In the post you responded to.
__________________

I am an All Time Great.
Stanford is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 02:16 AM   #39 (permalink)
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 4,160
apokalypse needs to take rep more seriousapokalypse needs to take rep more seriousapokalypse needs to take rep more seriousapokalypse needs to take rep more seriousapokalypse needs to take rep more seriousapokalypse needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: Is being the biggest draw a good enough reason to be considered the goat?

Ric Flair id definition of Goat who got the whole package and drawing power but just below Rock-Austin-Hogan.

Daniel Bryan could be GOAT when he retired. decent on mic but great in ring and people really behind him. for the last decade you could not see anyone like Bryan who have put in every situation and in any fued still over...

Last edited by apokalypse : 09-29-2012 at 02:18 AM.
apokalypse is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 02:49 AM   #40 (permalink)
HE'S FAT
 
Rocky Mark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 7,703
Rocky Mark probably won't be missedRocky Mark probably won't be missedRocky Mark probably won't be missedRocky Mark probably won't be missedRocky Mark probably won't be missedRocky Mark probably won't be missedRocky Mark probably won't be missedRocky Mark probably won't be missedRocky Mark probably won't be missedRocky Mark probably won't be missedRocky Mark probably won't be missed
Default Re: Is being the biggest draw a good enough reason to be considered the goat?

Yes because drawing people into the business is what keeps it going on and reaching for new successes

I'm in disagreement with comparing wrestling to the film business, because the movie industry doesn't need an attraction seen as it will keep going on no matter what , it's not like people are gonna lose interests in movies , that will never happen unlike wrestling which lost a significant amount of viewers within the years


and @ Austin316G.O.A.T , that smoking scene from Robert Deniro in Goodfellas trumps any movie Tom Cruise did , or will do , aside maybe from A Few Good Men (but that was because of Nicholson)
__________________
Rocky Mark is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios