is being the biggest draw a good enough reason to be considered the goat ? - Page 3 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 12:19 AM   #21 (permalink)
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
Stanford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,776
Stanford 1501 - 2000Stanford 1501 - 2000Stanford 1501 - 2000Stanford 1501 - 2000Stanford 1501 - 2000Stanford 1501 - 2000Stanford 1501 - 2000Stanford 1501 - 2000Stanford 1501 - 2000Stanford 1501 - 2000Stanford 1501 - 2000
Default Re: Is being the biggest draw a good enough reason to be considered the goat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Prophet View Post
The goal of any wrestling promoter is to make money. If one guy is drawing more money then the rest that puts him on the top level. The greatest of all time is the superstar that has been the biggest draw in professional wrestling. It's Hulk Hogan.
You haven't even begun to address the topic. A film company's objective is also to make money; does that also mean that Tom Cruise is the greatest actor in the history of film?
__________________

I put a lot of care into things like message board imagery. I NEED YOU TO THINK I'M COOL.
Stanford is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 09-29-2012, 12:32 AM   #22 (permalink)
Moron
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,833
austin316 G.O.A.T 4501 - 5000austin316 G.O.A.T 4501 - 5000austin316 G.O.A.T 4501 - 5000austin316 G.O.A.T 4501 - 5000austin316 G.O.A.T 4501 - 5000austin316 G.O.A.T 4501 - 5000austin316 G.O.A.T 4501 - 5000austin316 G.O.A.T 4501 - 5000austin316 G.O.A.T 4501 - 5000austin316 G.O.A.T 4501 - 5000austin316 G.O.A.T 4501 - 5000
Default Re: is being the biggest draw a good enough reason to be considered the goat ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanford View Post
Well, you're implying that Bret Hart is a better wrestler than Steve Austin
1.Bret is a better in-ring performer than Austin.I found Bret boring but that can't deny Bret was that damn good.

Austin was a better entertainer.

In that sense,Austin is like Cruise.More entertaining.More money.

Bret is like De Niro.Great actor/wrestler but definetly not a draw like Cruise.
austin316 G.O.A.T is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 12:33 AM   #23 (permalink)
Carrying SCOTT STEINER's bags
 
Shawn Morrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,528
Shawn Morrison 1001 - 1500Shawn Morrison 1001 - 1500Shawn Morrison 1001 - 1500Shawn Morrison 1001 - 1500Shawn Morrison 1001 - 1500Shawn Morrison 1001 - 1500Shawn Morrison 1001 - 1500Shawn Morrison 1001 - 1500
Default Re: Is being the biggest draw a good enough reason to be considered the goat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by #PushKofiKingston View Post
lol no he does not.
Nice post with lots of details/facts, it certainly made me change my opinion about Cm Punk.
__________________
Not Removing Until:

John Cena faces Undertaker at Wrestlemania [ ]

Sheamus and Cm Punk are the 2 World Champions [X] -Wrestlemania 28

John Morrison wins World Title [ ]

John Cena losses cleanly [X]- Wrestlemania 28 Rock Beats John Cena


John Cena turns heel [ ]

Shawn Michaels returns for One More Match[ ]

Daniel Bryan beats a Main Eventer cleanly [ ]

BTB:
http://www.wrestlingforum.com/booker...l#post10519764
Shawn Morrison is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 12:36 AM   #24 (permalink)
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
Stanford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,776
Stanford 1501 - 2000Stanford 1501 - 2000Stanford 1501 - 2000Stanford 1501 - 2000Stanford 1501 - 2000Stanford 1501 - 2000Stanford 1501 - 2000Stanford 1501 - 2000Stanford 1501 - 2000Stanford 1501 - 2000Stanford 1501 - 2000
Default Re: is being the biggest draw a good enough reason to be considered the goat ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin316 G.O.A.T View Post
1.Bret is a better in-ring performer than Austin.I found Bret boring but that can't deny Bret was that damn good.
So you found Bret Hart matches boring, and you say Steve Austin is more entertaining. So why are you so afraid to say that Austin was better at pro wrestling?

And on what planet is Tom Cruise more entertaining than Robert freaking Deniro? You've got this weird dichotomy of "better" and "more entertaining", when the two should be, in the entertainment industry, exactly the same thing.
__________________

I put a lot of care into things like message board imagery. I NEED YOU TO THINK I'M COOL.

Last edited by Stanford : 09-29-2012 at 12:38 AM.
Stanford is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 12:39 AM   #25 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 287
Shutthehellup 101 - 250Shutthehellup 101 - 250
Default Re: Is being the biggest draw a good enough reason to be considered the goat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Prophet View Post
The goal of any wrestling promoter is to make money. If one guy is drawing more money then the rest that puts him on the top level. The greatest of all time is the superstar that has been the biggest draw in professional wrestling. It's Hulk Hogan.
Perfectly put by the Prophet


Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanford View Post
You haven't even begun to address the topic. A film company's objective is also to make money; does that also mean that Tom Cruise is the greatest actor in the history of film?
Greatest in terms of commercial success.Tom Cruise opening collections would destroy Pacino entire movie earnings.As a leading actor,Cruise hasn't had a flop since Top Gun.His three flops are Lion of Lambs,Magnolia and Rock of Ages didn't have him as leading actor
Shutthehellup is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 12:43 AM   #26 (permalink)
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
Stanford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,776
Stanford 1501 - 2000Stanford 1501 - 2000Stanford 1501 - 2000Stanford 1501 - 2000Stanford 1501 - 2000Stanford 1501 - 2000Stanford 1501 - 2000Stanford 1501 - 2000Stanford 1501 - 2000Stanford 1501 - 2000Stanford 1501 - 2000
Default Re: Is being the biggest draw a good enough reason to be considered the goat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutthehellup View Post
Greatest in terms of commercial success.Tom Cruise opening collections would destroy Pacino entire movie earnings.As a leading actor,Cruise hasn't had a flop since Top Gun.His three flops are Lion of Lambs,Magnolia and Rock of Ages didn't have him as leading actor
Fine, then just put it that way. If you think Tom Cruise is a better actor than Marlon Brando, just come out and say it. A little more honesty, and a little less ambiguity. Please.
__________________

I put a lot of care into things like message board imagery. I NEED YOU TO THINK I'M COOL.
Stanford is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 12:44 AM   #27 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
#PushKofiKingston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 867
#PushKofiKingston 251 - 500#PushKofiKingston 251 - 500#PushKofiKingston 251 - 500#PushKofiKingston 251 - 500
Default Re: Is being the biggest draw a good enough reason to be considered the goat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Morrison View Post
Nice post with lots of details/facts, it certainly made me change my opinion about Cm Punk.
Wasn't supposed to. Just stating my opinion on a something I thought was a ridiculous statement. You telling me the same sloppy CM Punk with the horrid elbow drop & moonsault is just as good as greats like Benoit in-ring? Outside of his shoot last year what other memorable promos has CM Punk had? Good in-ring and good on the mic but not even close to the all-time greats in either category.
__________________
Who is Johnny Curtis? Nobody...just the future of WWE!
#PushKofiKingston is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 12:45 AM   #28 (permalink)
Working on my abs
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,518
Geeee 501 - 1000Geeee 501 - 1000Geeee 501 - 1000Geeee 501 - 1000Geeee 501 - 1000Geeee 501 - 1000Geeee 501 - 1000
Default Re: Is being the biggest draw a good enough reason to be considered the goat?

Drawing ability is the only objective criteria by which you can judge a wrestler.
Geeee is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 12:48 AM   #29 (permalink)
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
Chaos-In-Motion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 272
Chaos-In-Motion 101 - 250Chaos-In-Motion 101 - 250
Default Re: Is being the biggest draw a good enough reason to be considered the goat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Morrison View Post
again this talk of numbers/ratings, who cares? Punk matches the ability of the greatest mic workers/wrestlers of all time, but because of this stupid rating thing every week, people refuse to even praise him. This is just terrible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by #PushKofiKingston View Post
lol no he does not.
he kind of does, actually.
__________________
[x] Wade Barrett wins any championship
[x] Dean Ambrose Debuts
[] Damien Sandow wins any championship
[] WHC and WWE Championship are unified
[] Christian wins another main event title
[x] Chris Jericho returns
[x] WWE Championship design is changed
[x] CM Punk vs The Rock

Chaos-In-Motion is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 12:49 AM   #30 (permalink)
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
Stanford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,776
Stanford 1501 - 2000Stanford 1501 - 2000Stanford 1501 - 2000Stanford 1501 - 2000Stanford 1501 - 2000Stanford 1501 - 2000Stanford 1501 - 2000Stanford 1501 - 2000Stanford 1501 - 2000Stanford 1501 - 2000Stanford 1501 - 2000
Default Re: Is being the biggest draw a good enough reason to be considered the goat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeee View Post
Drawing ability is the only objective criteria by which you can judge a wrestler.
Who cares about objective criteria in art?
__________________

I put a lot of care into things like message board imagery. I NEED YOU TO THINK I'M COOL.
Stanford is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios