WWE.com asks fans who would win- Austin or Punk... - Page 2 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 09:46 PM
THE ASCENSION WILL RISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
NeyNey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,316
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
                     
Re: WWE.com asks fans who would win- Austin or Punk...

Please WWE don't troll us.



Micarder

Last edited by NeyNey; 10-04-2012 at 09:49 PM.
NeyNey is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 09:48 PM
Moron
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,758
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: WWE.com asks fans who would win- Austin or Punk...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerLove View Post
At least it would be a better match than Cena/Rock. At least i think it would.
Not sure.

Cena is a good performer in high-profile matches
austin316 G.O.A.T is offline  
post #13 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 09:53 PM
Vince gives me a comedy gimmick
 
kokepepsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 6,445
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
                     
Re: WWE.com asks fans who would win- Austin or Punk...

Not sure how good a Punk/Austin match would be
Better than Austin vs Lesnar though

The build up would be good, SO EASY to book but Steph will find a way to fuck it up like Rock/Cena

Anyways Austin would win kayfabe wise

kokepepsi is offline  
post #14 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 09:57 PM
Moron
Premium
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 9,205
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: WWE.com asks fans who would win- Austin or Punk...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokepepsi View Post
Not sure how good a Punk/Austin match would be
Better than Austin vs Lesnar though

The build up would be good, SO EASY to book but Steph will find a way to fuck it up like Rock/Cena

Anyways Austin would win kayfabe wise
because lesnar would end up killing austin. or triple h would insert himself into the feud somehow and ruin it.
Shazayum is offline  
post #15 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 09:57 PM
Little Poppa Pump
 
Deshad C.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: In The California Sun...
Posts: 2,189
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: WWE.com asks fans who would win- Austin or Punk...

Punk Vs. Austin would be EPIC. The promo battles alone would be well worth it.

Austin has said before that he's in great shape now, with time allowing him to heel a lot of the ailments that messed him up before and caused him to leave, so I think he could do it if he wanted too. Who knows, maybe they could make it work.

Punk and Austin are the perfect follies for each other. The Beer Swilling Rattlesnake vs. the Straight Edge Savior? Are you kidding me?

How some of you "fans" are scoffing at this is beyond me.

Way too many cynics around here...

"The wolf doesn't ask for the acceptance of sheep."


Thank You Taker
Deshad C. is offline  
post #16 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 10:16 PM
Grabbin' Dat Gem
 
Tyrion Lannister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The Weekly Planet
Posts: 75,012
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
                     
Re: WWE.com asks fans who would win- Austin or Punk...

Quote:
At least it would be a better match than Cena/Rock. At least i think it would.
Yeah, and not even a quarter as important. I don't give a damn if it's a 10 star match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStudOfEngland View Post
I'm seeing a lot of these posts, how this match "shouldn't be allowed to happen." Why not, I don't get why some of you guys wouldn't want to see this match?
Because Austin is not relevant in 2012, he's not a draw anymore. I'm as big an Austin fan as you'll ever find, but it's the truth, he's not going to draw like he once did, like Rock still does, like even Triple H or Undertaker do, if for no other reason than that they never left. Punk should be in the main event with Rock, but since that's not going to happen, I don't want him to work a midcard match with Austin. It makes both of them look bad. It doesn't give Punk anything worth doing, no big drawing match with Rock that can put him over, no WWE title match, so it's pointless, then you have Austin coming back only to be overshadowed by Rock, Triple H, Brock Lesnar, Undertaker and John Cena. I don't want the greatest wrestler in the history of this business to waste a return on something that's going to be the 3'rd or 4'th highest match on the card at best. Not only that, the most likely result is Punk losing, which makes him look even WORSE, because it was an unimportant midcard match AND he jobbed to a 47 year old with a broken neck and bad knees.

Do I want 1998 Austin vs 2012 Punk? YES. Do I want 2012 Austin vs 2012 Punk? NO. I want this match to be treated with either the respect it deserves, or I DON'T want to see it. It's not going to get that respect, because Austin will never be the main draw for a Mania again and Punk isn't Cena. I don't want a half assed, lazy, midcard version of what should be a dream feud.

What everyone really wants for Christmas:


Last edited by Tyrion Lannister; 10-04-2012 at 10:24 PM.
Tyrion Lannister is offline  
post #17 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 10:32 PM
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Re: WWE.com asks fans who would win- Austin or Punk...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
Yeah, and not even a quarter as important. I don't give a damn if it's a 10 star match.



Because Austin is not relevant in 2012, he's not a draw anymore. I'm as big an Austin fan as you'll ever find, but it's the truth, he's not going to draw like he once did, like Rock still does, like even Triple H or Undertaker do, if for no other reason than that they never left. Punk should be in the main event with Rock, but since that's not going to happen, I don't want him to work a midcard match with Austin. It makes both of them look bad. It doesn't give Punk anything worth doing, no big drawing match with Rock that can put him over, no WWE title match, so it's pointless, then you have Austin coming back only to be overshadowed by Rock, Triple H, Brock Lesnar, Undertaker and John Cena. I don't want the greatest wrestler in the history of this business to waste a return on something that's going to be the 3'rd or 4'th highest match on the card at best. Not only that, the most likely result is Punk losing, which makes him look even WORSE, because it was an unimportant midcard match AND he jobbed to a 47 year old with a broken neck and bad knees.

Do I want 1998 Austin vs 2012 Punk? YES. Do I want 2012 Austin vs 2012 Punk? NO. I want this match to be treated with either the respect it deserves, or I DON'T want to see it. It's not going to get that respect, because Austin will never be the main draw for a Mania again and Punk isn't Cena. I don't want a half assed, lazy, midcard version of what should be a dream feud.

You say you are a fan, yet you don't want to see a match because Austin in your mind wont draw any money? WTF kind of fan are you? Someone has to make money for you to want to see them wrestle? Why do you even care how much money a match will make anyway? You aren't the promoter, you wont be seeing a dime of it. You are no fan.

Even IF 'oh it wont be a draw' were a valid argument for a FAN not wanting to see a match, if a Punk Austin match ever happened, it would be at WM 30, once Austin's knee has had enough time to properly heal, and the rock/lesnar or rock/cena match won't be the top billed match on the card, Austin-Punk would be.
lilblasta is offline  
post #18 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 10:42 PM
Grabbin' Dat Gem
 
Tyrion Lannister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The Weekly Planet
Posts: 75,012
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
                     
Re: WWE.com asks fans who would win- Austin or Punk...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilblasta View Post
You say you are a fan, yet you don't want to see a match because Austin in your mind wont draw any money? WTF kind of fan are you? Someone has to make money for you to want to see them wrestle? Why do you even care how much money a match will make anyway? You aren't the promoter, you wont be seeing a dime of it. You are no fan.

Even IF 'oh it wont be a draw' were a valid argument for a FAN not wanting to see a match, if a Punk Austin match ever happened, it would be at WM 30, once Austin's knee has had enough time to properly heal, and the rock/lesnar or rock/cena match won't be the top billed match on the card, Austin-Punk would be.
You're in NO position to tell me that. I'm more of a fan than you are because I actually care about what's BEST for the performers, and it's best for both of them that this match doesn't happen.

The reason I care about it drawing is because it's NOT going to be the main event unless it draws the kind of money that Austin was drawing in his prime, that's the only way, or it gets stuck in the midcard. Punk NEEDS to main event WrestleMania, and I'm not willing to watch Austin throw away his return on a midcard match. And yes, even if it's at WrestleMania 30, it'll STILL be midcard because any match that Cena has automatically takes precedence for WWE, not to mention a Streak match if Undertaker's still around and isn't facing Cena would go ahead of it too. Do you REALLY want to see Punk vs Austin in the same slot as Punk vs Jericho was in this year? What a disrespectful slap in the face to both men, and I'm the one who's not a fan? Hahaha.

What everyone really wants for Christmas:


Last edited by Tyrion Lannister; 10-04-2012 at 10:46 PM.
Tyrion Lannister is offline  
post #19 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 10:48 PM
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 3,269
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: WWE.com asks fans who would win- Austin or Punk...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
You're in NO position to tell me that. I'm more of a fan than you are because I actually care about what's BEST for the performers, and it's best for both of them that this match doesn't happen.

The reason I care about it drawing is because it's NOT going to be the main event unless it draws the kind of money that Austin was drawing in his prime, that's the only way, or it gets stuck in the midcard. Punk NEEDS to main event WrestleMania, and I'm not willing to watch Austin throw away his return on a midcard match. And yes, even if it's at WrestleMania 30, it'll STILL be midcard because any match that Cena has automatically takes precedence for WWE, not to mention a Streak match if Undertaker's still around and isn't facing Cena would go ahead of it too.
I'm pretty sure if that match ever did happen Austin would not do it unless he was closing Wrestlemania or on 2nd to last like he was in 2003 when he faced The Rock for the last time. I also don't see Austin winning the match against Punk if it is only going to be a one time deal.



http://www.wrestlingforum.com/7652556-post59.html

This explains everything I dislike about John Cena.
The Hardcore Show is offline  
post #20 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 10:52 PM
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Re: WWE.com asks fans who would win- Austin or Punk...

I understand wanting a match between them to be great, but saying it shouldn't happen because you think you know everything about how WWE would set it up is quite arrogant. I really don't think Austin is this weak mid card draw that you are so sure he is. He hasn't physically wrestled a match in almost 10 years. Austin's return to in ring action after a decade of retirement is a big ticket match and a hype train waiting to leave the station.
lilblasta is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome