Will John Cena be able to do a Hogan on us? - Page 2 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
View Poll Results: Will John Cena heel turn would make you care about him?
Yes! Yes! Yes! 58 56.31%
No! No! No! 22 21.36%
Whatever. 31 30.10%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-30-2012, 07:51 AM
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Big Wiggle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,032
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
               
Re: Will John Cena be able to do a Hogan on us?

John Cena will never come close to anything Hogan achieved. One was a pioneer of wrestling, the other is the biggest WWE puppet of all time. If ever Cena turns heel it'll be too late and most likely because the WWE is close to dying (well more so than they already are). It takes guts to push for your character to turn heel. Hogan had it, Cena doesn't.

Big Wiggle is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-30-2012, 08:20 AM
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
ConnorMCFC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: (Sent to me from Heaven) Manchester (City you are my world)
Posts: 894
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
               
Re: Will John Cena be able to do a Hogan on us?

Won't have the same effect because a large portion of the audience hates his current character. I can see it failing because if he changes he may just end up getting cheered by adults and booed by kids.

THE REAL BEAST INCARNATE

ConnorMCFC is offline  
post #13 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-30-2012, 09:43 AM
For him. By him.
 
TJARONN CHERY'S EARLY PRESENT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Groningen
Posts: 3,867
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
                     
Re: Will John Cena be able to do a Hogan on us?

They should've turned him during that embrace the hate angle.... the way he attacked Swagger? That should've been followed up on by him losing control, getting angry first at fellow competitors then eventually the crowd. I wanted to see a Cena segment the episode of Raw after he beat down Swagger. I looked forward to his slow and steady loss of grip on himself. It never happened...

TJARONN CHERY'S EARLY PRESENT is offline  
post #14 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-30-2012, 12:34 PM Thread Starter
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
theidealstranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,479
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Re: Will John Cena be able to do a Hogan on us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearodactyl View Post
They should've turned him during that embrace the hate angle.... the way he attacked Swagger? That should've been followed up on by him losing control, getting angry first at fellow competitors then eventually the crowd. I wanted to see a Cena segment the episode of Raw after he beat down Swagger. I looked forward to his slow and steady loss of grip on himself. It never happened...
I actually now think I should have added what kind of heel would he turn into. He is not a huge domination wrestler like Henry or Big show, nor a superior technical wrestler to show off and consider others inferior, nor is the most handsome guy around to pull off a Rick Rude or is as eloquent as Piper or charismatic as Rock/Hogan. What kind of heel would he even make?

Spoiler for Give the guy a break:
theidealstranger is offline  
post #15 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-30-2012, 12:44 PM
Vince gives me a comedy gimmick
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: DMV
Posts: 6,078
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Will John Cena be able to do a Hogan on us?

I think it'll be pretty big considering he's pretty relevant in media. I'm sure it'll get some buzz. Sad thing is, he'll always get a split reaction: As a heel the smarks are gonna cheer him and the kids are gonna boo him. There's no point in turning him tbh.
#Mark is offline  
post #16 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-30-2012, 12:58 PM
Vince gives me a comedy gimmick
 
Kurt 'Olympic Gold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Germany & Netherlands.
Posts: 6,243
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Will John Cena be able to do a Hogan on us?

Not a chance. Sure, Cena is the top guy of the current era, but he is NO WHERE NEAR the star power and impact Hogan had on the business, let alone Hulk's heel turn at BatB.

http://i.imgur.com/8pRZefP.png
Kurt 'Olympic Gold is offline  
post #17 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-30-2012, 12:59 PM
Special Attraction at Wrestlemania
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 21,962
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Will John Cena be able to do a Hogan on us?

Probably the only thing that could return me to watching WWE's shows.
Choke2Death is offline  
post #18 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-30-2012, 01:39 PM
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
11rob2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,692
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
               
Re: Will John Cena be able to do a Hogan on us?

For everyone saying Cena heel turn wont be as good or as big, or mean as much as Hogans, It might not to you, but to the kids that turn in every week just to watch Cena like many of us did with Hogan it'll will mean just as much to them as Hogans did you.

For the kids and casual fans now Cena's heel turn is going to be huge, If they hold it off until WM30 it's going to make WM30 a must see ppv, iI cant see them doing it before that.

11rob2k is offline  
post #19 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-30-2012, 01:41 PM
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
tducey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: In a house
Posts: 5,002
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                   
Re: Will John Cena be able to do a Hogan on us?

I've given up the hope of Cena turning heel. To me it's something that should have been done years ago.

This meme courtesy of a WWE meme page on Facebook
tducey is offline  
post #20 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-30-2012, 01:58 PM Thread Starter
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
theidealstranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,479
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Re: Will John Cena be able to do a Hogan on us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theidealstranger View Post
I actually now think I should have added what kind of heel would he turn into. He is not a huge domination wrestler like Henry or Big show, nor a superior technical wrestler to show off and consider others inferior, nor is the most handsome guy around to pull off a Rick Rude or is as eloquent as Piper or charismatic as Rock/Hogan. What kind of heel would he even make?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11rob2k View Post
For everyone saying Cena heel turn wont be as good or as big, or mean as much as Hogans, It might not to you, but to the kids that turn in every week just to watch Cena like many of us did with Hogan it'll will mean just as much to them as Hogans did you.

For the kids and casual fans now Cena's heel turn is going to be huge, If they hold it off until WM30 it's going to make WM30 a must see ppv, iI cant see them doing it before that.
I would like to put that question across to you. what kind of heel turn do you think would for Cena's character or as IWC puts it, the lack of it.

Spoiler for Give the guy a break:
theidealstranger is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome