Does anyone else think of Daniel Bryan and CM Punk as the Bret and Shawn of the 2010's? In the sense that they're not 'Vince McMahon wrestlers', but their talent eventually rose to the top?
Here are some of the comparisons I thought of:
* John Cena - Hogan
* CM Punk - Shawn Michaels (unpopular but good)
* Daniel Bryan - Bret Hart (overlooked for years)
* Andre the Giant - Undertaker (draw money but have health problems)
* Randy Orton - Randy Savage (years out of the main event)
* Vickie Guerrero - Sensational Sherri (great manager to get heat with)
* AJ Lee - Miss Elizabeth (diminutive but add another popular dimension)
* Sheamus - Roddie Piper (lovable lunatic)
* Santino Marella - Hacksaw Jim Duggan (not championship material but desirable to have on roster)
EDIT - I'm trying to shoehorn Chris Jericho, Tito Santana, Dolph Ziggler, Jake the Snake and Kane in somewhere.
I've said something like this before, and I'm gonna say it now: I'm the new the Rock he has two arms and so do I
I don't love John Cena, in fact I don't even like him. But I hate the idea that he is the worst! Cena doesn't bury talents. Talents go down the card after Cena because feuding with Cena... is the highlight of their career. Deal with it.
Everything I say is my opinion, not a fact.
English is not my native language.