G.George,Thez,Hogan,Austin-4 men with most impact on pro-wrestling? - Page 6 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums

View Poll Results: The most impact on pro-wrestling are by these four wrestlers?

Yes 0 0%
No 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 07:49 AM   #51 (permalink)
What?
What?
 
Evolution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 11,965
Evolution whored out on repEvolution whored out on repEvolution whored out on repEvolution whored out on repEvolution whored out on repEvolution whored out on repEvolution whored out on repEvolution whored out on repEvolution whored out on repEvolution whored out on repEvolution whored out on rep
Default Re: G.George,Thez,Hogan,Austin-4 men with most impact on pro-wrestling?

No, that "source" was from 7 years ago. Rock/Cena broke the Wrestlemania buyrate record this year.
Evolution is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 09-09-2012, 07:55 AM   #52 (permalink)
Moron
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,833
austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T
Default Re: G.George,Thez,Hogan,Austin-4 men with most impact on pro-wrestling?

So as of 2005,Austin held the record


Obviously now Rock is in a whole different league.

Cena would eventually break since his longevity is a huge factor
austin316 G.O.A.T is offline  
Old 09-09-2012, 08:01 AM   #53 (permalink)
What?
What?
 
Evolution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 11,965
Evolution whored out on repEvolution whored out on repEvolution whored out on repEvolution whored out on repEvolution whored out on repEvolution whored out on repEvolution whored out on repEvolution whored out on repEvolution whored out on repEvolution whored out on repEvolution whored out on rep
Default Re: G.George,Thez,Hogan,Austin-4 men with most impact on pro-wrestling?

I don't see what your point is. Cena wouldn't of done that buy rate on his own. The years of WM buy rates before this years where Cena has headlined proves that.

If you don't want to include Rock on your list that's fine, but you've got to give credit where credit is due to The Rock. You can't just ignore facts just because it doesn't suit what you're saying. It goes against the entire concept of discussion on a forum. This just seems like a thread aimed to bait Rock marks into biting and arguing with you.
Evolution is offline  
Old 09-09-2012, 08:03 AM   #54 (permalink)
Still Real To Me, Dammit!
 
Dantrail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 46
Dantrail
Default Re: G.George,Thez,Hogan,Austin-4 men with most impact on pro-wrestling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolution View Post
No, that "source" was from 7 years ago. Rock/Cena broke the Wrestlemania buyrate record this year.
What? Wrestlemania-28? No it didnt break any records. Wrestlemania-23 is still the biggest in history of the company.
Dantrail is offline  
Old 09-09-2012, 08:08 AM   #55 (permalink)
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
11rob2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,694
11rob2k needs to take rep more serious11rob2k needs to take rep more serious11rob2k needs to take rep more serious11rob2k needs to take rep more serious11rob2k needs to take rep more serious11rob2k needs to take rep more serious11rob2k needs to take rep more serious11rob2k needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: G.George,Thez,Hogan,Austin-4 men with most impact on pro-wrestling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantrail View Post
What? Wrestlemania-28? No it didnt break any records. Wrestlemania-23 is still the biggest in history of the company.
No its not, 28 is the highest grossing event and has the biggest buyrate of any wwe ppv in history, it got 1.3 million buys where 23 got 1.2 million.
__________________
11rob2k is offline  
Old 09-09-2012, 08:09 AM   #56 (permalink)
Moron
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,833
austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T
Default Re: G.George,Thez,Hogan,Austin-4 men with most impact on pro-wrestling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolution View Post
I don't see what your point is. Cena wouldn't of done that buy rate on his own. The years of WM buy rates before this years where Cena has headlined proves that.

If you don't want to include Rock on your list that's fine, but you've got to give credit where credit is due to The Rock. You can't just ignore facts just because it doesn't suit what you're saying. It goes against the entire concept of discussion on a forum. This just seems like a thread aimed to bait Rock marks into biting and arguing with you.
I am not talking about WM records.I am talking about records as a whole.

Cena wouldn't have done that buy rate on his own or against anyone other than Rock or perhaps Taker.I am just saying he is going to be top draw for ten straight years so he ll break all records unadjusted for inflation since Austin and Rock wrestled for much lesser time.

I respect and like Rock but I just can't accept Rock>Austin and surely Rock>Hogan since every one associated with history have said the same
austin316 G.O.A.T is offline  
Old 09-09-2012, 08:12 AM   #57 (permalink)
AND YOU SHINE MY SHOES IF I WANT YOU TO
 
Rock316AE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 9,542
Rock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselves
Default Re: G.George,Thez,Hogan,Austin-4 men with most impact on pro-wrestling?

In 2005 Vince and Rock were on bad terms, they just had the contract dispute and didn't talk regularly for a long time after that. The only record Austin still had in 2005 was merchandise, that's it. As Evolution pointed out with WM28 that broke every live event record and before that in 2000 where Rock set the record gates for one year, including overall revenue for a wrestling company. Like I said, Vince was never a reliable source and proved it on many occasions, he's a smart businessman and promoting a specific person in a certain light when the time is right for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolution View Post
I don't see what your point is. Cena wouldn't of done that buy rate on his own. The years of WM buy rates before this years where Cena has headlined proves that.

If you don't want to include Rock on your list that's fine, but you've got to give credit where credit is due to The Rock. You can't just ignore facts just because it doesn't suit what you're saying. It goes against the entire concept of discussion on a forum. This just seems like a thread aimed to bait Rock marks into biting and arguing with you.
Without a doubt.
Rock316AE is offline  
Old 09-09-2012, 08:13 AM   #58 (permalink)
Moron
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,833
austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T
Default Re: G.George,Thez,Hogan,Austin-4 men with most impact on pro-wrestling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11rob2k View Post
No its not, 28 is the highest grossing event and has the biggest buyrate of any wwe ppv in history, it got 1.3 million buys where 23 got 1.2 million.
WM17 - Rock vs Austin - 1,040,000 domestic

So it is the highest if you consider domestic buys alone
austin316 G.O.A.T is offline  
Old 09-09-2012, 08:18 AM   #59 (permalink)
Still Real To Me, Dammit!
 
Dantrail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 46
Dantrail
Default Re: G.George,Thez,Hogan,Austin-4 men with most impact on pro-wrestling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11rob2k View Post
No its not, 28 is the highest grossing event and has the biggest buyrate of any wwe ppv in history, it got 1.3 million buys where 23 got 1.2 million.
That is what I thought first but it was not the case. This from WWE's Q2 final results,



So Wrestlemania-23 is the biggest in history of the company with 1.25 million wrestlemania buyrate.
Dantrail is offline  
Old 09-09-2012, 09:18 AM   #60 (permalink)
✯✯✯ FLAWLESS
 
Clique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 18,541
Clique is a GOD/GODDESSClique is a GOD/GODDESSClique is a GOD/GODDESSClique is a GOD/GODDESSClique is a GOD/GODDESSClique is a GOD/GODDESSClique is a GOD/GODDESSClique is a GOD/GODDESSClique is a GOD/GODDESSClique is a GOD/GODDESSClique is a GOD/GODDESS
Default Re: G.George,Thez,Hogan,Austin-4 men with most impact on pro-wrestling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolution View Post
You can't just ignore facts just because it doesn't suit what you're saying. It goes against the entire concept of discussion on a forum. This just seems like a thread aimed to bait Rock marks into biting and arguing with you.
And this is why I'm closing this thread. To properly have this discussion you need facts and an open mind to accept historical information and analyze it. Discrediting history never works in these "GOAT" discussions that are starting look more like favorite wrestler discussions and framing history either how you want to maintain a biased view on for whatever reason, or you're not up on all the facts anyway.
__________________
Clique is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios