G.George,Thez,Hogan,Austin-4 men with most impact on pro-wrestling? - Page 4 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums

View Poll Results: The most impact on pro-wrestling are by these four wrestlers?

Yes 0 0%
No 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 07:35 PM   #31 (permalink)
Carrying SCOTT STEINER's bags
 
4everEyebrowRaisin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,725
4everEyebrowRaisin better hope they're relatively new here4everEyebrowRaisin better hope they're relatively new here4everEyebrowRaisin better hope they're relatively new here4everEyebrowRaisin better hope they're relatively new here4everEyebrowRaisin better hope they're relatively new here4everEyebrowRaisin better hope they're relatively new here4everEyebrowRaisin better hope they're relatively new here4everEyebrowRaisin better hope they're relatively new here4everEyebrowRaisin better hope they're relatively new here4everEyebrowRaisin better hope they're relatively new here4everEyebrowRaisin better hope they're relatively new here
Default Re: G.George,Thez,Hogan,Austin-4 men with most impact on pro-wrestling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock316AE View Post
No that was Mike Tyson who made the huge difference. Austin was hot at that time but Tyson was the attraction.

As for the thread, no.

George brought mainstream to the business in the early days, Thesz innovated moves and was a pioneer to many in ring aspects, Sammartino was the biggest domestic and consistent drawing card of all time, Hogan was able to put wrestling on the map worldwide and broke all records domestically, Hogan started the second boom with Hall and Nash and the nWo storyline. Austin took it and sparked it even more on the WWF side and was able to turn profits as a true game changer. Rock started his rise, took over after only 3 years as an active worker, transcended the industry like no one else, gave the product more exposure than ever before, and on top of that, broke all their records IN the wrestling business and had the biggest year for any wrestler in history, along with the greatest year for any company ever on his back. Continued his meteoric success after his full time career, came back and broke HIS records after a decade. Became bigger than the industry itself, a worldwide media entertainment brand and is a more recognized figure than the WWE logo. Impacted the entire concept of what an entertaining wrestler should be, on what you can verbally do as a character, on The People's Elbow versions you saw over the years, on the fact that the Top guy in the business today was an attempt to create another megastar performer and mainstream personality that will be able to come close to his caliber. He inspired a new generation of superstars who became wrestlers because of him and tried to put his magic touch in different aspects of their work, from their arsenal to the way they're trying to carry themselves to the mic time they get. When you say wrestling, you say The Rock, you say Dwayne Johnson, or at worse, 5/10 you say Hulk Hogan. The Rock is untouchable as The GOAT because he made it on the highest level in and out, which is why anything "Wrestling" without his name on it is a big and clear No.
You're fucking annoying. Rock didn't change the business. He somewhat took over from Austin, but he didn't usher in a whole new era.

Stop being such a fanboy.
__________________
http://a.disquscdn.com/get?url=http%3A%2F%2Fi8.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fa13%2FDisturbedShifty%2FMY%2520avatars%2520and%25  20signatures%2FRIP-Warrior.png&key=rmmmqLOaUAV_gVBRr15eIg&w=600&h=285
4everEyebrowRaisin is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 09-08-2012, 08:03 PM   #32 (permalink)
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 4,138
apokalypse needs to take rep more seriousapokalypse needs to take rep more seriousapokalypse needs to take rep more seriousapokalypse needs to take rep more seriousapokalypse needs to take rep more seriousapokalypse needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: G.George,Thez,Hogan,Austin-4 men with most impact on pro-wrestling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everEyebrowRaisin View Post
You're fucking annoying. Rock didn't change the business. He somewhat took over from Austin, but he didn't usher in a whole new era.

Stop being such a fanboy.
troll success?
apokalypse is offline  
Old 09-08-2012, 08:54 PM   #33 (permalink)
Moron
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,833
austin316 G.O.A.T probably won't be missedaustin316 G.O.A.T probably won't be missedaustin316 G.O.A.T probably won't be missedaustin316 G.O.A.T probably won't be missedaustin316 G.O.A.T probably won't be missedaustin316 G.O.A.T probably won't be missedaustin316 G.O.A.T probably won't be missedaustin316 G.O.A.T probably won't be missedaustin316 G.O.A.T probably won't be missedaustin316 G.O.A.T probably won't be missedaustin316 G.O.A.T probably won't be missed
Default Re: G.George,Thez,Hogan,Austin-4 men with most impact on pro-wrestling?

If you look at Hogan's records and impressive as they are, along comes a Stone Cold Steve Austin who shatters all of those records and obliterates them, and after Stone Cold there then comes along.......... so will see. In this businees theres always someone to exceed someone else and someone always rises to the occasion.

-

Vincent Kennedy McMahon states Hogan's records were broken by Austin.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...=553460&page=1
austin316 G.O.A.T is offline  
Old 09-08-2012, 08:56 PM   #34 (permalink)
Bad Mother....er
 
Jules Winnfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3,293
Jules Winnfield better hope they're relatively new hereJules Winnfield better hope they're relatively new hereJules Winnfield better hope they're relatively new hereJules Winnfield better hope they're relatively new hereJules Winnfield better hope they're relatively new hereJules Winnfield better hope they're relatively new hereJules Winnfield better hope they're relatively new hereJules Winnfield better hope they're relatively new hereJules Winnfield better hope they're relatively new hereJules Winnfield better hope they're relatively new hereJules Winnfield better hope they're relatively new here
Default Re: G.George,Thez,Hogan,Austin-4 men with most impact on pro-wrestling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everEyebrowRaisin View Post
You're fucking annoying. Rock didn't change the business. He somewhat took over from Austin, but he didn't usher in a whole new era.

Stop being such a fanboy.


It needed to be said.
__________________
Jules Winnfield is offline  
Old 09-08-2012, 09:08 PM   #35 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: niqqaville
Posts: 211
WWFVK should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsWWFVK should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsWWFVK should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsWWFVK should be embarassed if they have more than 50 posts
Default Re: G.George,Thez,Hogan,Austin-4 men with most impact on pro-wrestling?

Daniel Bryan. 'Nuff said.
WWFVK is offline  
Old 09-08-2012, 09:22 PM   #36 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 586
Stuart82 needs to make some friendsStuart82 needs to make some friendsStuart82 needs to make some friendsStuart82 needs to make some friendsStuart82 needs to make some friendsStuart82 needs to make some friendsStuart82 needs to make some friendsStuart82 needs to make some friendsStuart82 needs to make some friendsStuart82 needs to make some friends
Default Re: G.George,Thez,Hogan,Austin-4 men with most impact on pro-wrestling?

Rock flowed the success of stone cold in 2000. After three hot years and with WCW becoming what it became any top face could of enjoyed the records set that year. If stone cold was around in 2000 for the whole year thEn he would of had the same if not bigger success. Austin built the momentum for that year. He made wrestling cool again and mainstream. Rock made it more mainstream but austin laid the ground work. Austin deserves his place as one of the four. Without Austin no rock 2000.
Stuart82 is offline  
Old 09-08-2012, 09:39 PM   #37 (permalink)
PHX
Respect
 
PHX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: The Home Of Wrestlemania 26!
Posts: 15,579
PHX PHX PHX PHX PHX PHX PHX PHX PHX PHX PHX
Default Re: G.George,Thez,Hogan,Austin-4 men with most impact on pro-wrestling?

Don't know how Superstar Billy Graham's name hasn't been brought up considering he influenced Hulk Hogan, HHH, Jesse The Body, etc and his impact on the character aspect in wrestling.
__________________

Last edited by PHX : 09-08-2012 at 09:47 PM.
PHX is offline  
Old 09-08-2012, 09:41 PM   #38 (permalink)
John Cena=CONQUERED
 
Créole Heat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 3,998
Créole Heat better hope they're relatively new hereCréole Heat better hope they're relatively new hereCréole Heat better hope they're relatively new hereCréole Heat better hope they're relatively new hereCréole Heat better hope they're relatively new hereCréole Heat better hope they're relatively new hereCréole Heat better hope they're relatively new hereCréole Heat better hope they're relatively new hereCréole Heat better hope they're relatively new hereCréole Heat better hope they're relatively new hereCréole Heat better hope they're relatively new here
Default Re: G.George,Thez,Hogan,Austin-4 men with most impact on pro-wrestling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX View Post
Don't know how Superstar Billy Graham's name hasn't been brought up considering he influenced Hulk Hogan, HHH Jesse The Body, etc and his impact on the character aspect in wrestling.
Have to agree. Superstar Billy Graham was the prototype for the modern pro wrestler.
__________________

The Conqueror
Créole Heat is offline  
Old 09-08-2012, 10:43 PM   #39 (permalink)
Moron
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,833
austin316 G.O.A.T probably won't be missedaustin316 G.O.A.T probably won't be missedaustin316 G.O.A.T probably won't be missedaustin316 G.O.A.T probably won't be missedaustin316 G.O.A.T probably won't be missedaustin316 G.O.A.T probably won't be missedaustin316 G.O.A.T probably won't be missedaustin316 G.O.A.T probably won't be missedaustin316 G.O.A.T probably won't be missedaustin316 G.O.A.T probably won't be missedaustin316 G.O.A.T probably won't be missed
Default Re: G.George,Thez,Hogan,Austin-4 men with most impact on pro-wrestling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akasha View Post
Have to agree. Superstar Billy Graham was the prototype for the modern pro wrestler.
Billy Graham had tremendous impact but not on levels of these four
austin316 G.O.A.T is offline  
Old 09-09-2012, 04:57 AM   #40 (permalink)
Stopping The Show
 
Hart Break Kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Glas Vegas
Posts: 1,913
Hart Break Kid needs to make some friendsHart Break Kid needs to make some friendsHart Break Kid needs to make some friendsHart Break Kid needs to make some friendsHart Break Kid needs to make some friendsHart Break Kid needs to make some friendsHart Break Kid needs to make some friendsHart Break Kid needs to make some friendsHart Break Kid needs to make some friendsHart Break Kid needs to make some friends
Default Re: G.George,Thez,Hogan,Austin-4 men with most impact on pro-wrestling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock316AE View Post
No that was Mike Tyson who made the huge difference. Austin was hot at that time but Tyson was the attraction.

As for the thread, no.

George brought mainstream to the business in the early days, Thesz innovated moves and was a pioneer to many in ring aspects, Sammartino was the biggest domestic and consistent drawing card of all time, Hogan was able to put wrestling on the map worldwide and broke all records domestically, Hogan started the second boom with Hall and Nash and the nWo storyline. Austin took it and sparked it even more on the WWF side and was able to turn profits as a true game changer. Rock started his rise, took over after only 3 years as an active worker, transcended the industry like no one else, gave the product more exposure than ever before, and on top of that, broke all their records IN the wrestling business and had the biggest year for any wrestler in history, along with the greatest year for any company ever on his back. Continued his meteoric success after his full time career, came back and broke HIS records after a decade. Became bigger than the industry itself, a worldwide media entertainment brand and is a more recognized figure than the WWE logo. Impacted the entire concept of what an entertaining wrestler should be, on what you can verbally do as a character, on The People's Elbow versions you saw over the years, on the fact that the Top guy in the business today was an attempt to create another megastar performer and mainstream personality that will be able to come close to his caliber. He inspired a new generation of superstars who became wrestlers because of him and tried to put his magic touch in different aspects of their work, from their arsenal to the way they're trying to carry themselves to the mic time they get. When you say wrestling, you say The Rock, you say Dwayne Johnson, or at worse, 5/10 you say Hulk Hogan. The Rock is untouchable as The GOAT because he made it on the highest level in and out, which is why anything "Wrestling" without his name on it is a big and clear No.
you are pathetic.... not every greatest or best thread can involve The RAWKKkkkkk he never made a huge impact on the business like those other guys he came in on the coat tails of Austin who brought in a whole new era... same for hogan.... etc.... deal with it. and i look forward too more red rep for having an opinion that goes against ur dailly rock cock sucking worship.
__________________
Hart Break Kid is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios