The Great American Bash 2005:
MNM vs Road Warrior Animal/Heidenreich - **1/2
- Heidenreich being paired with Animal to recreate the LOD was rather random. They win the tag titles here in some kind of tribute to Hawk two years after his death. The match is nothing special and shorter than the tag title defenses tend to be. The Doomsday Device looked great here.
Booker T vs Christian - ***1/4
- Not a bad match but nothing great either. Just decent and it's kinda there. Have no idea why Christian was never put to better use as he gets cheered here despite being the heel. Booker gets his return victory here after getting squashed two weeks before the PPV.
Orlando Jordan vs Chris Benoit - ***
- Nothing memorable and nothing bad once again. Benoit jobs after walking into the exposed turnbuckle but he does his best to carry this into passable. At least they have a real match here as opposed to the 25 second follow-ups from SummerSlam onwards.
The Undertaker vs Muhammad Hassan - ***1/4
- This one was kinda funny to me. All the "sympathizers" constantly running around the ring crack me up (hell, I'm laughing as I type this) with the best part being Undertaker's face when he's being choked out by that wire behind referee's back. But looking away from that, the match itself is decent and Muhammad doesn't look overly weak even though a chokeslam is all it takes to pin him. Then post-match, Undertaker goes into superman mode and destroys all the "sympathizers" (
) by himself and officially kills Muhammad Hassan's character with a Last Ride through the stage. The end result is bittersweet. On one hand, Orton restarts the Taker feud while on the other one, Muhammad's character officially ends here which sucks because he had so much potential. The introduction of these skimask guys was so unnecessary. Character was going places but they ruined it with that segment where they turned him into a terrorist after months of complaining about being wrongly labeled just that because of his background.
The Mexicools vs bWo - **
- I don't know what to think of this. Very short and uninteresting. I can't take the bWo seriously as a cheap nWo knock-off but I also like the Mexicools from what little I see here. Although I've heard that this is far from the best they have to offer as wrestlers and WWE limited them.
Rey Mysterio vs Eddie Guerrero - ***1/4
- I'm disappointed because as soon as family was brought into this and the whole "secret", it ruined a pretty good feud and turned it into stupid drama. As result of this, the match suffers because the camera and Eddie are more concerned about Dominick than the match itself. The ring action is good as you've come to expect from these two but the story is hard to get into and distracting because it disrupts the flow of the match constantly. Still above average as a match but the Judgment Day and Smackdown matches are far better.
Melina vs Torrie Wilson (Bra and Panties) - *
Batista vs JBL - **1/4
- Ugh, what a boring match. It's just hard to get into because the speed is slow and it feels so half-assed. Even when there's drama following a ref bump, I really couldn't get excited about this match at all. Disappointing main event and another DQ victory so I can watch the Smackdown episodes to hear JBL run his mouth for 10 minutes just to say one thing. People always pick on Triple H for rambling non-stop just to get one point across but JBL is almost as bad. He just keeps saying the same thing and EVERY FUCKING WEEK, he gets about 10 minutes of promo time or some lengthy backstage segment. FFS, keep him away from a microphone just once. He's not bad by a long shot, but he bores me because he always says the same thing, but not only that - he takes several minutes to get a simple point across.
**1/2 out of ***** (A mixed bag. Some stuff are good while others are bad. Nothing extraordinary from the match card and it feels like a mere story advancer for SummerSlam outside of the Taker/Hassan match.)