Thoughts on the past 5 pages and so on...
- Orton/HBK SS 07 > Batista/Taker SS 07 HOWEVER...... Batista/Taker series > Anything Orton has ever done
- HHH-Maven is awesome, and another match in the formula of "OMGZ SUM SCRUB MIGHTZ BEAT THE CEREBRAL ASSASSIN!" . JR calls a HHH match better than any other wrestler (dead serious. Just look at the overall track record) and this match is definitely no exception. Hunter's 04-06 (pre DX) run is one of the most underrated in history, and the only other time he flashed signs of consistent 2000 goodiness
- Flair is the greatest wrestler at practically EVERYTHING EVER. Old man Flair fucking rocks and I'd honestly give that Flair/Edge match **** 1/4
, seriously it's a personal favorite of mine. Foley might be the best SERIOUS promo guy out there (the "cane dewey" promo is perhaps the greatest serious promo in the history of wrestling) , but when it comes to mic skills, I hold the belief that both Flair and Foley make Rock look like a little bitch on the mic (like I mentioned, the Wrestlemania XXVII opening promo is one of the worst ever). The Flair flop is amazing, check out Flair/Batista vs Benoit/Regal from Unforgiven 2004 , MOTN for sure and another personal favorite.
- In my eyes, Lesnar-HHH is the third greatest Summerslam main event ever IMO, with Taker-Edge being number one and Bulldog-Bret being number 2. My love for Trips and Bork puts it over Punk/Hardy, HBK/Vader (which I fucking ADORE) , Benoit/Orton , and Team Nexus vs Team WWE. Look, I just made a top 6 SS main events ever, wasn't THAT easy ?
- The 2005 RR match is one of the best Rumble's IMO. The Edge/HBK match while good, could have been SO much more (never was the biggest fan of their chemistry). The two championship matches are great while the WWE Championship match fucking rocks and gets *** 3/4
from me. JBL actually wasn't that bad when it came to his in ring work as champion, much better than the likes of Orton's last WWE Championship run, Sheamus, Miz, Cena in 2011, etc. That casket match though.... Fuck that to hell honestly. Does Taker INSIST on being put with these shitty workers over and over again ? If anything though, it shows the confidence that they have in him as a worker, and I'm willing to bet that WWE values him as a top 3 in ring worker ever. Big Show even mentions on his doc how Taker would blast him for the most miniscule things, and how he paid such great attention to detail. Taker is the player/coach of the WWE, and if you can hang with Taker you can go places (look at Orton as the shining example).
- LOVED <3 the backstage number drawing segments at the Rumble during the brand extension. Flair/Eddie was AMAZING, while Trips/Orton had a pretty hilarious exchange in 2006, probably the third best thing they've accomplished together ahahahahaha