Special Attraction at Wrestlemania
Join Date: Jul 2011
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread
New Year's Revolution 2005:
Eugene & William Regal vs Christian & Tyson Tomko - *3/4
- I hate tag matches and this one is no different. Always the same shit to the point you can call everything that happens before it actually does. What's more interesting is the fact Eugene injured his knee while doing a dropkick. I guess that finally gives us a few months break from his annoying ass character on the upcoming Raw episodes.
Lita vs Trish Stratus - *
- This match was ruined from the get go because Lita continued the "knee injury" streak after an awkward landing from the apron doing a Thesz Press. As such, the match is cut short prematurely and Trish quickly gives her a kick to the head and wins. I guess Lita really had bad luck with those outside jumps as the suicide dive she did a few weeks before almost broke her neck.
Shelton Benjamin vs Maven - 0
- I don't think either one of these "matches" can qualify for one. First time, Maven spends 5 minutes just talking outside the ring then gets rolled up quickly when continuing the match. The second "match" is just Shelton doing his finisher and a quick cover in five seconds. Waste of time!
Muhammad Hassan vs Jerry Lawler - **
- Muhammad looks like he's a little new and inexperienced in this match. He does a bunch of bodyslams at first then randomly busts out a Camel Clutch like a resthold. I was more entertained by Daivari's yelling at ringside. Also, Muhammad has some awesome mic skills and is a heat magnet. I'm surprised that he's not actually of Arab descent since he really looks like one, which can be explained by the gimmick they gave him. Too bad it didn't last long.
Kane vs Snitsky - **1/2
- Not as bad as I expected it to be but still boring and nothing worthwhile. The tombstone from Kane was a nice bit of change after expecting a chokeslam, though.
HHH vs Batista vs Randy Orton vs Chris Benoit vs Chris Jericho vs Edge (Elimination Chamber) - ****1/2
- Now this is what it's about! The main event and all this PPV relies on. This chamber match is the greatest from its gimmick I've seen so far and I doubt it's going to be topped by those I've yet to see. Just an awesome 35 minute match with an excellent line-up. 6 Hall of Fame worthy legends with Shawn Michaels as the guest referee to make it even better. Benoit & Jericho start things off and spend more time on mat-wrestling rather than brutally throwing each other into the steel chain but then HHH enters and the match takes off for the brutality it represents. Benoit is quickly busted open while HHH has to wait until the final entrant before Batista can come out and protect him. Then Edge enters and he inadvertently spears HBK which leads to a superkick and the elimination of him (leading to the Edge/HBK feud at the Royal Rumble). Then HHH is caught in no man's land when Jericho and Benoit lock a double submission (Walls of Jericho/Crippler Crossface) on him and he holds on for several seconds until Batista finally comes to the rescue. From then on, it's all about Batista destroying everyone in sight and the remaining Canadian competitors get eliminated fast. To an excellent ending, it comes down to the original members of Evolution all in the ring with Orton being the underdog face. Despite taking a beating, he manages to fight back and eliminates Batista as HHH just stands in the corner and watches. Towards the end, it's all about Orton being screwed over again while fighting to his best of abilities until Batista illegally attacks him when Flair takes a beating from HBK (lol). HHH finally does the Pedigree and it's time for the big number of 10 as he takes back the World Heavyweight Championship!
Overall: *** out of ***** (The PPV's undercard is terribly underwhelming but the main event is what it's about and that alone elevates the final rating big time. Absolutely love it!)