Survivor Series 2004:
Spike Dudley vs Billy Kidman vs Rey Mysterio vs Chavo Guerrero - ***1/4
- Just what you expect from the cruiserweights. Fast paced action and with four guys, it gets varied between them and they get enough time to make it work. Spike Dudley retains with Kidman's help. And I also like to mention that I really like Mysterio's green outfit here. Wish he would have worn it more often.
Shelton Benjamin vs Christian - ***1/2
- Another good match to follow-up the decent opener by two talented, athletic guys. Shelton retains the IC title after about 15 minutes. This is also the debut of the stylish Captain Charisma with the hoodie and the Waterproof Blond theme which I'm glad to hear. First Edge debuts "Metalingus", now it's Christian's turn to switch that awful theme with something better.
Team Guerrero (Eddie Guerrero, Rob Van Dam, Big Show & John Cena) vs Team Angle (Kurt Angle, Luther Reigns, Mark Jindrak & Carlito) - **3/4
- Nothing special since Angle's team is pretty subpar and the faces are booked too strongly with them having 3 survivors. Funny to think that the year before, Cena was on Angle's team while Big Show was with the heels. Got a chuckle out of Cena mocking Jindrak's ass-shaking, though.
The Undertaker vs Heidenreich - ***3/4
- Wow, I'm surprised at how good this match was. Heidenreich keeps up with Undertaker, looks good in defeat and Taker does his best to carry him into a quality match. Really enjoyed this and probably Taker's second best 04 match after the SD one with John Cena.
Trish Stratus vs Lita - 1/2*
- Not even a match. Lita goes mental on Trish for one minute then gets herself DQ by using a chair. Don't see point in the video package if they were gonna throw it away in one minute just like that. I assume the Raw match in December is a lot better.
JBL vs Booker T - **3/4
- Mostly boring while it lasts but despite the overbooking in the end with Josh Matthews of all people getting involved, it gets better by the end. JBL retains with the usual shenanigans of outside interference, title belts being used and so on. I think they went too far on this one as a simple belt shot after a ref bump would have sufficed.
Team Orton (Randy Orton, Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho & Maven) vs Team HHH (HHH, Batista, Snitsky, Edge) - ***1/2
- A good elimination match to close the PPV with Orton finally getting a one-up on HHH after being screwed out of the World Title previously. Also a great babyface performance by Orton when the odds are stacked against him with HHH & Edge still being in the match while he's on his own. People love to say Orton got silent reactions with his face turn but I see the crowd giving him pretty decent reactions here although not on top babyface levels and that is due to HHH killing all his momentum at Unforgiven, I think.
***1/2 out of ***** (A pretty good PPV with plenty of good stuff and nothing terrible with the exception of the divas match. Non-Smackdown PPVs have been good in quality for the most part in 2004 and this carries the tradition.)