you liked Cena/Booker? They had no chemistry together.
It was a'ight, nothing more, though. I agree that they lack chemistry but I was in no rush to see the match end and that's always a plus in my book, which puts it above the rest of the PPV sans main event.
Man I recall that tag match with RVD/Rey being surprisingly enjoyable. Granted it's easily been a good 5+ yrs since watching the show (I do own it on dvd and have watched it a couple times), but I distinctly remember being surprised by how decent it was.
Eddie Guerrero vs Luther Reigns - **1/2
- Eddie tries his best to carry this match into something and although the finish is memorable, the match is nothing special.
Spike Dudley vs Nunzio - **3/4
- Nothing bad and nothing special. Just okay.
Billy Kidman vs Paul London - **1/2
- Same as above. Although the sudden use of the SSP did surprise me as I assumed it was banned after the Chavo accident.
René Duprée & Kenzo Sazuki vs Rey Mysterio & RVD - **1/2
- Is this the PPV of below-to-average matches?
Big Show vs Kurt Angle - **1/2
- The trend continues...
John Cena vs Booker T - ***
- The end of the Best of 5 series and the best match out of the 4 I've seen (the house show one excluded). Cena is rather bland in the ring at this point, he truly improved when he became a main event guy.
Charlie Haas & Rico & Miss Jackie vs Dudleyz & Dawn Marie - **
- Now we're back to the status quo of matches in this PPV!
JBL vs Undertaker (Last Ride) - ***1/2
- Gonna have to rewatch this tomorrow but I remember it being good and better than their SummerSlam match. Heidenrape makes an appearance in the end out of nowhere and based on the comments I've read, I'm excited about his match with Taker at Survivor Series.
Overall: ** out of ***** (PPV has a continuing trend of below average Smackdown PPVs in 2004 and here, every match except two are just... there and nothing special. Not much is downright terrible but nothing save for the main event is memorable either.)
WWE was brillant back then and took advantage of anything given too them Billy Kidman non kayfabe hurts Chavo with the SSP so the WWE turn him into this maniac who just wants to hurt people with the SSP it was quite a character turn shame it didn't last long.